Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Happy holidays to the whole Roma bunch ??
I don't celebrate anything this time of year, but I appreciate the gesture ?

seems like Dan Friedkin is closing in and the sale is happening before new year's, apparently when the confirmation comes he will fly over from California to Roma to finalize the deal and his son Ryan will manage the club. will the players come onto the pitch to the song starting now or after the stadium is built?

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Pallotta completely lost the plot and I'm glad he's gone. I would have preferred an owner who knows the game and is based in Rome, but at least the pig is gone. Now we deal with a Texan hedge funder instead of a Boston one. Let's hope he and his son see the value in building around Zaniolo and Lorenzo Pellegrini and not selling them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
nothing been announced officially, so he's not gone yet, though smoke is an indicator of fire. the new ownership was saddled with the Sensi's debt structure that was and is the worst in the league (28 or 29 million annually) and overestimated their ability to get the stadium done in time by underestimating the capitals corruption and bureaucracy, that coupled with missing CL a few times and not being able to raise capital lately after the board approved the selling of bonds forced them to sell because of the impending financial mini crisis. Pallotta tried to stay above water but if he doesn't sell and the coming owner doesn't relief some of the dept in the takeover deal, there will be a fire sale in the summer to balance things.

·
Registered
453 Posts
rumors of Under leaving if anyone's willing to pay 40 million or more and Politano returning home from Inter to be Zaniolo's backup.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Probably the most disappointing match of the season, a complete dud coming out of the winter break, it's something we as Roma fans should be prepared for, whenever you start feeling momentum or good about the squad, they have a mental breakdown and shit the bed. Doesn't matter who the coach or owner is.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Zaniolo tore his acl in our piss poor home loss to Juve yesterday, a perfect cherry on our shit sundae. I've lost track of how many ACL tears have occurred since training apparently went thing of the past. It's beyond sad. We can't manage average players, nevermind stars. I predict that Zaniolo will heal and leave Roma.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Zaniolo tore his acl in our piss poor home loss to Juve yesterday, a perfect cherry on our shit sundae. I've lost track of how many ACL tears have occurred since training apparently went thing of the past. It's beyond sad. We can't manage average players, nevermind stars. I predict that Zaniolo will heal and leave Roma.
since the 2014 season, 18 ACLs:
Kevin Strootman (2)
Elio Capradossi
Ezequiel Ponce
Abdullah Nura
Antonio Rudiger
Mario Rui
Alessandro Florenzi (2)
Emerson Palmieri
Luca Pellegrini (2)
Rick Karsdorp
Devid Bouah (2)
Riccardo Calafiori
Davide Zappacosta
Nicolo Zaniolo

I disagree though and think that, beside the first 10 minutes of the match, we played well and were unlucky to not come out with something from it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
a good win against Genoa today and it was important for moral as I don't think we're going to win our next couple of matches, not with our the laundry list of injured and suspended players.

Lil PauPau was immense against Genoa and Spinazolla had a chip on his shoulder and point to make, as evident by his instagram post after the match aimed at Inter (Politano liked it :ROFLMAO:), and he did very good. Kluivert still needs time to get back to where he was before his injury and I don't mean physically but in his decision making and read of the game. Diawara is a steal.

I'm actually glad that the Politano-Spinazolla swap deal fell apart as I think Spinazolla on the left is quality and Politano is average. and now that that deal fell apart and Liverpool refused to let Shaqiri go, I dream that Petrachi somehow agrees an 18 month loan with obligation to buy for a reasonable price with Ajax for Hakim "The Dream" Ziyach. I know he costs double the fee that Politano or Shaqiri command, I know that he feels that Monchi has left him up to dry, but I can still dream.

·
Administrator
52,732 Posts
since the 2014 season, 18 ACLs:
Kevin Strootman (2)
Elio Capradossi
Ezequiel Ponce
Abdullah Nura
Antonio Rudiger
Mario Rui
Alessandro Florenzi (2)
Emerson Palmieri
Luca Pellegrini (2)
Rick Karsdorp
Devid Bouah (2)
Riccardo Calafiori
Davide Zappacosta
Nicolo Zaniolo

I disagree though and think that, beside the first 10 minutes of the match, we played well and were unlucky to not come out with something from it.
This is a scary ass list. Holy fvck someone needs to get fired.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
It's the tragic legacy of James "ACL" Pallotta, who from his perch in Boston, viewed players and the club strictly as commodities, clearly failed to establish any kind of proper training regiment, and obsessively focused on a new stadium that he failed to reach because of his rotten personality and he didn't have the juice to pull it thru.
ZERO TITLES

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is a scary ass list. Holy fvck someone needs to get fired.
someone indeed got fired, more than one actually, and a new medical team was brought in. however, the problem still remains. makes me wonder if it's not a personnel thing and that something is wrong with the training pitch ? or maybe Trigoria Calcio is built on an ancient burial ground.

·
Registered
453 Posts
btw, why don't we get in on the Eriksen action? at the most we could get a world class player on the cheap and at the least we could **** with Inter and make them pay more than they're holding out for.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts