Game 2: Nigeria v Iceland
June 22nd 11:00 AM EDT in Volgograd Arena, Volgograd

vs

Game 3: Nigeria v Argentina
June 26th 2:00 PM EDT in Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg​

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
I watched England against Nigeria and I wasn't really impressed by them, apart from Iwobi in second half who was really interesting, but the rest the team wasn't good.

So this was only a friendly, and Im sure that they will be ready for their first match against us.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
The problem they have is most of their good players play in the same positions. Also for some reason they didn’t play Ndidi who I think is their best player.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
The problem they have is most of their good players play in the same positions. Also for some reason they didn’t play Ndidi who I think is their best player.
100% agree with you Rob !

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Friendlies apparently mean everything to Nigerian fans so obviously these two poor results are devastating.

All joking aside one thing to remember their keeper Uzoho is only 19 and played for the Deportivo La coruna B team this year. I think most goalkeepers would’ve kept out the 2nd goal. The keeper spot is a real weakness for them.

·
Registered
68,922 Posts
Iceland lost 3:2 to Norway at home conceding twice in the latter stages of the 2nd half, they haven't been on a good run of form since qualifying, in fact they haven't won an official FIFA date match since qualifying (4 losses, 1 draw). More concerning maybe is for a team known for their tough defending they have conceded 9 goals in their last three games

Still think if you're a serious team you should beat Iceland, they will be tough but in the 4 matches they played against Croatia in the last few years they were less than impressive, probably had a combined 2-3 shots on target in those games. The fact they won the qualifying group is a joke

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Iceland lost 3:2 to Norway at home conceding twice in the latter stages of the 2nd half, they haven't been on a good run of form since qualifying, in fact they haven't won an official FIFA date match since qualifying (4 losses, 1 draw). More concerning maybe is for a team known for their tough defending they have conceded 9 goals in their last three games

Still think if you're a serious team you should beat Iceland, they will be tough but in the 4 matches they played against Croatia in the last few years they were less than impressive, probably had a combined 2-3 shots on target in those games. The fact they won the qualifying group is a joke
I totally agree with all your points HS, very well said !! :thumbsup:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Yep no reason we cant beat Iceland. However considering they will be our last opponent I see us needing a win and somehow screwing it up as usual.
I have exactly the same feeling :p

·
Registered
20,259 Posts

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Two loss in one week for them but we need to be a little bit careful because they played the both match with two mixed squad and never with the A team. Plus, from what I've seen the player played at a mid level.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that we'll see Iheanacho up front against us and in these two match, he played only for 10 mins.

I'm sure that the coach experienced some different line-up and players for the B team but he knows exactly who will be the players called for the match against our boys.

9lEesgJaunc

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
People need to stop underestimating Iceland. They’ve done this repeatedly after a while it’s not an accident.

I think the result is good for us. This team I think is quite fragile.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts