Xtratime Community banner

3361 - 3378 of 3378 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
here in german media it was said, that following the win over messi he was singing a song of a singer with nationalist content in the locker room. he also filmed that and posted it on social media. within the lyrics it is celebrated how serbs were violently expelled from krajina in the 90s. that's what has been written.

so assuming, this is true:

* i don't understand why there were no fifa investigations on that but hey, if a serbian would have chanted anti-croatian, he would have been banned from the tournament.
* why you have to raise antiserbian chants when you win against argentina? i mean, there is no relation
* our players are really doing well with each other and i like that. it creates a great atmosphere in the clubs. this was totally unnecessary and you cannot say a single word, that some of our players provoked him. what he want to achieve with that or is that some psychological problem to compensate feeling like a minor?
* i would have expected an apollogy from lovren or some statement by the croatian fa that lovren has been talken with.
The snippet he posted on social media was him and Šime Vrsaljko singing the line "Za dom braćo, za slobodu, borimo se mi". It's from the wartime song Bojna Čavoglave which was released in 1991 or 1992 by Marko Perković Thompson. The only mention of Serbs in it is in the line "čujte srpski dobrovoljci, bando četnici, stići će vas naša ruka i u Srbiji". That line wasn't in his video and it's not exactly anti-Serbian if it's aimed at Serb volunteers or četniks. And it's definitely not glorification of the "violent expulsion" of Serbs.

This song is probably one of many patriotic or nationalistic songs the team listens to before and after a game. I think it would be similar in a lot of NTs, especially at a tournament. I read Mladen Krstajić was filmed at a Baja Mali Knindža concert just before the tournament singing Pevaj Srbijo or something and that he even played Baja's songs in camp (not sure if this is true though).

Let's not get carried away or look too deeply into it. I'm certain Lovren's intention wasn't to provoke or offend anyone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Honestly, we shouldn't even care what Lovren does in Croatia's dressing room and as far as I know he's been an excellent host to Gruja and Lazar in Liverpool.

Looking at Belgium today it reminded me of our qualifying campaign attack wise. Obviously we're not even close to that level, but the 3-4-3 really gave us a spark that we lacked at the WC. The problem was obviously our defense, but with the new talents emerging, no proper right back atm, 3-4-3 should be considered once again, at least in the nations league where we can test shit and see if the defensive frailties can be managed long term. I'm sure Dule mentioned this as well.

Potential line-up:

Rajkovic/Dmitrovic
Milenkovic - Veljkovic - Nastasic
Gacinovic ----- SMS - Matic ------ Kolarov
Tadic ------ Zivkovic
Jovic​

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
What an epic win in Belgium; also, what am I reading Krle?! You were the biggest critic of the 3-4-3... :D :D Just kidding mate. Agree on all points, given our lack of full backs, we might wish to explore the 3-4-3 if we can build our system around Milenkovic at the back. Time will tell though.

One thing is for sure though, what a World Cup! The surprises just keep coming.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Not sure we want SMS so deep though? Didn't he play more on the left for Lazio anyway?

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Spending the night in Mostar and leaving for Kotor tomorrow. Plenty of Croatian support here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stumbled across this video last night. I think it perfectly reflects the positive impact that football has all over the planet, as embodied by the World Cup. Where's the craziest place that you guys have met a fellow fan of your team? Anyone got a photo of their shirt in a cool location abroad?*

The video is definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Just read a post that says Neymar spent a total of 14 minutes "writhing in agony on the field" during four world cup games.

He's an embarrassment to manhood.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Just read a post that says Neymar spent a total of 14 minutes "writhing in agony on the field" during four world cup games.

He's an embarrassment to manhood.
Having watched him live in two games during the World Cup, I'm really happy he is going home. Maybe he'll mature as a result of this experience.

I really don't kid when I say that Tadic and Ljajic were bigger pleasures to watch at this World Cup than Neymar. They gave it their all, and some of their moves were excellent. Yes, Neymar might be more skilled, but watching the games live, I never got the impression he was a multi generational player. He is still in the shadow of Messi and Ronaldo and time will tell if he can mature and motivate himself to get to that level. From the outside, it seems like everyone is so busy protecting him, that he sometimes is surprised when he faces the adversity. It's like he expects the referees to protect him. It would be one thing if he just got on with it but to do it in the manner he has done over the past month, and expect to be understood, is pretty childish.

Even Tite called him out in 2012, but he tried protecting his player during this tournament. He needs to toughen up.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Having watched him live in two games during the World Cup, I'm really happy he is going home. Maybe he'll mature as a result of this experience.

I really don't kid when I say that Tadic and Ljajic were bigger pleasures to watch at this World Cup than Neymar. They gave it their all, and some of their moves were excellent. Yes, Neymar might be more skilled, but watching the games live, I never got the impression he was a multi generational player. He is still in the shadow of Messi and Ronaldo and time will tell if he can mature and motivate himself to get to that level. From the outside, it seems like everyone is so busy protecting him, that he sometimes is surprised when he faces the adversity. It's like he expects the referees to protect him. It would be one thing if he just got on with it but to do it in the manner he has done over the past month, and expect to be understood, is pretty childish.

Even Tite called him out in 2012, but he tried protecting his player during this tournament. He needs to toughen up.
Something needs to be done -- the falling, diving, theatrics, "near manslaughter" in football is out of control -- especially on the world stage.

I'm with you on Tadic -- on screen -- he always seemed to be battling and trying to create something. Have to say I expected more from Ljajic, thought he faded in/out so often that he didn't make an impact.

Completely agree with the "protectionism" of players like Neymar but this isn't really new. What bothered me most watching the games on-screen was players dictating calls/stopping for calls at the world cup. It really bothered me.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that was the main mistake of this WC. Screw that ref. The fact that a ref can wave off VAR to me exhibits the main and only issue that lacks transperency. Otherwise I thought it worked really, really well.
Official admission of wrong doing from FIFA? Or is sending the ref home more of a "read into it what you will" move?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
It's painful seeing this limited Sweden team in a quarter final...imagine if we had a good manager for a change...

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
I cant believe ill be cheering for the worst english squad ever to make the finals. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
This Belgium-England match shows just how weak that side of the draw was. Can't believe we didn't make it out of the group. We would have had a great chance against either Croatia or England. Shame really a shame. Won't have a draw like that again.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Belgium is the dumbest team in the world cup. The knockout stages are already set and they are to play the last game vs England. Tied with them on points and goal differential but behind them due to having more yellow cards. Any tie or loss puts Belgium in 2nd which puts them on the extemely easy right side of the draw with a dysfunctional Spain (the countrys last world cup together?), a weak Russian team that overachieved, an extremely ordinary Denmark, croatia who had the luck of retardation from argentina, Sweden that could have easily been germany, albania that should have been Serbia if it wasnt for the only referee to get sent home for poor officiating and Columbia who was legit but were missing their superstar player. Instead Belgium's retard of malnourished chicken origin scores a goal vs england that puts them on the same side of the draw as European champions portugal, the extemely dangerous Uruguay (i predicted the winner of france Uruguay wins the world cup), European runners up in France, an awesome team of talent but shitty together Argentina, a world class squad of Brazilians, Mexico and a a lucky to be there Japan (yellow cards are subjective). Yea Belgium made it to the semis and finished 3rd but they were a favourite to win the and whole tournament and if they were a bit smarter (no-one ever accused those of malnourished chicken origins to be smart) they could have had an extremely easy path to the finals.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
[email protected] Thompson inside the bus with the Croatian NT players. This is why I will never ever cheer for the Croatian NT. The Serbians that do are an abomination to their country. They played a decent tourney and deserved to get where they got but to cheer for them? Hell no.

It's also funny how Rakitic calls Krstajic his brother and says Djokovic is an idol for him then today posts on instagram, "Stigao je kralj" with a pic of Thompson.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
mutual respect is as far it will or can or need go between the peoples when it comes to our sporting teams and we should not pretend otherwise

3361 - 3378 of 3378 Posts