Xtratime Community banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
They are very overrated.>>

What a truly pathetic statement. Roma winning a scudetto in the modern age is a bigger achievement than Italy winning the World Cup. Overcoming the rotten northern favoritism, the politics, the Milans and Juve and the other sisters of calcio back then was an achievement for the ages. You should bow down at the mantle of the Sensis for sacrificing what they did and putting us on top, if only for a brief moment. But instead you post this bs. If you're gonna spread mathematics, spread it right.

·
Registered
453 Posts
it was indeed a huge achievement, especially considering the factors you mentioned and Roma of the 90's.

however, the Sensis got that trophy without any plan or means to sustain that success and then used Roma as their piggy bank to recoup what they spent, cover the debts of Italpetroli and turn a profit.

you and I both, Primo, were here on this very forum the two times Totti threatened the Sensis to spend on good players or send him to Madrid. there was no FFP to contend with back then and they still did not bring in quality or hold on to quality.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Talk sh!t all you want about the Sensis if it makes you feel good while Rome burns. Season ended and we have no coach, no DS, Dzeko gone for 13 m to a direct rival and no replacement, Manolas rumored to leave and many others, all with no credible or set up replacements. Now go print out Pallotta's little letter and hang it on your wall.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Sensi won us the Scudetto, well done. And almost another the year after. The the banks came knocking. We were in such a bad shape they lied together a story that they got frauded one year when we needed a bank warranty to qualify for upcoming season of Serie A. Thank god Lega Calcio let us play. I remember when we tried to buy players clubs wanted a warranty so they knew they would get paid. I remember when we couldn't buy players bc Sensis cheated with transfers.

Thank god for the good old times.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts