Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6041 - 6060 of 6072 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
The Serbs of Montenegro at it again. Mandić with the mistake on Russia's opening goal and Rodić concedes a penalty..

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Radomir Antić's NT was set up quite easily.

- CLEAR LINE OF CALL-UPS: He had a clear vision of which players he wanted to call up. There was never a debate about starters missing out or not getting called up to the NT. It was mostly about Radosav Petrović being there because he needed to be sold or Pavle Ninkov not making the NT despite playing well at Zvezda. Some people saw the whole "La familia"-thing as a sect but the one who understood the reasoning behind this concept always knew it was about trying to protect what was within the squad and eliminate outside factors (which Pantelić even talked about the other day) from finding it's way into the group of players.

- A CENTRAL SPINE: Every successfull team, be it a club or NT, has a spine in central positions who lay the foundations and let you build with players who'll make the difference. GK (Stojković), CB's (Vidić, Luković), DM+CM (Stanković, Milijaš) and at least one ST (Žigić). You also need leaders in every line of the field (Vidić, Stanković, Žigić). Some more noticeable than others. Stojković wasn't even dropped when he couldn't get a game to save his life, partly due to the fact that we didn't really have anyone else. The same goes for Žigić who's sacrifice both on set-pieces and defensively (be it far too aggressive at times) was very good.

- STARTING ELEVEN: Coaches at NT-level are usually older or at least experienced for a reason. They need to deliver right away because the margin for error is very small in a qualifying campaign and in order to do so you'll have to recognize what your best team is at that particular time. It's important that players mix with each other as well and if you can find a good understanding between two, maybe three players, that'll be great. The starting eleven was known for the majority of his stint. He only tinkered with a few small things such as moving on from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 later on when it was obvious that Milijaš wasn't participating enough in open play. The experiment with Stanković, Ninković and Kuzmanović is by far the most interesting we had in that Australia-game.

- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS: The team defended as a unit and was set up to counter attack, almost "blitz" their opponents but they did that efficiently most of the time. Jovanović and Krasić were providing the necessary attacking options and quality individually during the qualifications. The fullbacks also joined in and Stanković could do something nobody apart from Matić knows in Serbia at the moment: find pauses in the game with his passing by taking the correct decisions in certain situations.

- SET-PIECES: Was and always will be a key component to all of Antić's teams. There's a reason why he insisted on signing Pantić instead of Schifo, Prosinečki and Jokanović when he joined Atlético in 1995-1996 as the club won the league that season. There was a clear reason why Milijaš played in almost every single game during his reign. When you lack the sufficient quality to break down a team, then you need another weapon while you're trying to figure out ways to develop the teams game. Serbia's best goalscorer up until the Romania game (I believe) was Ivanović. Another thing he did well and always does well is to defend set-pieces. Serbia conceded one goal in 28 games from set-pieces during his time at the helm. Concentration lapses weren't permitted, now they're just another bad element in our game and I can't honestly remember a single goal the NT scored from set-pieces in this qualifying campaign.

Football has changed since 2009 and we're missing some vital pieces in our building process but how many of these fundamental things does this current team have? Just looking at the strikers, we're completely missing the mobility of a player like for an example Lazović or even Pantelić.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Very well put Zoric

The same could be said in the 2006 qualifiers and Petkovic.

It's no coincidence that the two times we've had the above we've qualified.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Haha, how come you are considered as the most insane person at the Serbian section of XT?

RB on the other hand is a well known troll and nobody takes him serious.
Lol do me a massive favour, go find 25 of my posts and tell me if I am trolling or if I am 100% correct (actually its an open challenge, anyone feel free to try). Yes I know its a daunting task but instead of making new lineups every week based on FIFA 15 rankings, spend it on this project. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,045
Haha, how come you are considered as the most insane person at the Serbian section of XT?

RB on the other hand is a well known troll and nobody takes him serious.
:howler: Vojo please, the only people on here who would consider me insane are the ones who are border-line insane themselves. I've proven to be completely sane and logical in my approach, not to mention intelligent and civilized. Unlike others who hurl insults and have cyber meltdowns, I've already remained composed and respectful, even when putting people like you in your place with the cold hard facts.

When you're ahead of your time, those who are behind might consider you insane, but the reality is, they are just so far behind. My posts over the years have been aimed at trying to educate simple minded people like yourself. Unfortunately, you refuse to take in the factual information because deep down you don't want to accept it.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,046
Radomir Antić's NT was set up quite easily.

- CLEAR LINE OF CALL-UPS: He had a clear vision of which players he wanted to call up. There was never a debate about starters missing out or not getting called up to the NT. It was mostly about Radosav Petrović being there because he needed to be sold or Pavle Ninkov not making the NT despite playing well at Zvezda. Some people saw the whole "La familia"-thing as a sect but the one who understood the reasoning behind this concept always knew it was about trying to protect what was within the squad and eliminate outside factors (which Pantelić even talked about the other day) from finding it's way into the group of players.

- A CENTRAL SPINE: Every successfull team, be it a club or NT, has a spine in central positions who lay the foundations and let you build with players who'll make the difference. GK (Stojković), CB's (Vidić, Luković), DM+CM (Stanković, Milijaš) and at least one ST (Žigić). You also need leaders in every line of the field (Vidić, Stanković, Žigić). Some more noticeable than others. Stojković wasn't even dropped when he couldn't get a game to save his life, partly due to the fact that we didn't really have anyone else. The same goes for Žigić who's sacrifice both on set-pieces and defensively (be it far too aggressive at times) was very good.

- STARTING ELEVEN: Coaches at NT-level are usually older or at least experienced for a reason. They need to deliver right away because the margin for error is very small in a qualifying campaign and in order to do so you'll have to recognize what your best team is at that particular time. It's important that players mix with each other as well and if you can find a good understanding between two, maybe three players, that'll be great. The starting eleven was known for the majority of his stint. He only tinkered with a few small things such as moving on from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 later on when it was obvious that Milijaš wasn't participating enough in open play. The experiment with Stanković, Ninković and Kuzmanović is by far the most interesting we had in that Australia-game.

- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS: The team defended as a unit and was set up to counter attack, almost "blitz" their opponents but they did that efficiently most of the time. Jovanović and Krasić were providing the necessary attacking options and quality individually during the qualifications. The fullbacks also joined in and Stanković could do something nobody apart from Matić knows in Serbia at the moment: find pauses in the game with his passing by taking the correct decisions in certain situations.

- SET-PIECES: Was and always will be a key component to all of Antić's teams. There's a reason why he insisted on signing Pantić instead of Schifo, Prosinečki and Jokanović when he joined Atlético in 1995-1996 as the club won the league that season. There was a clear reason why Milijaš played in almost every single game during his reign. When you lack the sufficient quality to break down a team, then you need another weapon while you're trying to figure out ways to develop the teams game. Serbia's best goalscorer up until the Romania game (I believe) was Ivanović. Another thing he did well and always does well is to defend set-pieces. Serbia conceded one goal in 28 games from set-pieces during his time at the helm. Concentration lapses weren't permitted, now they're just another bad element in our game and I can't honestly remember a single goal the NT scored from set-pieces in this qualifying campaign.

Football has changed since 2009 and we're missing some vital pieces in our building process but how many of these fundamental things does this current team have? Just looking at the strikers, we're completely missing the mobility of a player like for an example Lazović or even Pantelić.
Nice analysis Zoric. I'd like if you could provide a similar format for an analysis on Miha and his time as NT coach, as I believe there would be similarities between the two.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
So true. Our attacking players like combination play, they love to cut in have a dribble but Mitrovic or Djordjevic are simply not mobile enough to find that bit of space that will take them 1on1 with the GK.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,049
I have more of an obsession with the truth. Unfortunately, this forum is usually quite emotional and as a result many on here make emotional claims that aren't always factual. This happened with Antic before too and I cleared the air about it then too when I proved that much of what people like RSF were saying about him simply wasn't true.

For example, it used to be said on here that under Antic it was 'la famalia' and that he'd only call up certain players without giving chances to others. Then with Miha it was the opposite, that he called up too many players. The facts showed that they both called up more or less the same number of players and tested out more or less the same number throughout their respected qualifiers. I believe Zoric is one of the few on here who can approach things with more of a cooler head.

·
Registered
618 Posts
So true. Our attacking players like combination play, they love to cut in have a dribble but Mitrovic or Djordjevic are simply not mobile enough to find that bit of space that will take them 1on1 with the GK.
Mitrovic has one of the best headers of young prospects in the world. We aren't utilizing that talent at all despite having two of the best crossing wingers in the world in Kostic and Tadic. It's ridiculous. That's why Curcic sucks. He doesn't recognize how to utilize the talents of our players like Antic did with that generation. Zigic nor Pantelic were any better than Mitrovic in their prime, yet, Antic made them look good because he knew how to use them. It's a shame we have another bone headed coach and a corrupt FA. Same oldeal story maybe we can just push through based on our talent alone but I doubt it. Hopefully our next coach is Paunovic but shall see

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Mare, Miha is doing really well in Milan this year can you give me your analysis on that? :D
I will save Mare the trouble, Mihas team is a whos who of losers . The italians they have on there are all trash and the foreigners are even smellier trash and finally any team with Balotelli will be complete garbage.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,053
Mare, Miha is doing really well in Milan this year can you give me your analysis on that? :D
He's struggling, but I think that was to be expected, or at least earlier on. There have been many changes to the squad and clearly Miha hasn't had a lot of talent at his disposal. I still believe that with a little more time, he can get them playing better football and get results.

Last I checked, Miha's Milan isn't the only 'bigger' team struggling in Serie A. Just look at Juventus.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Mitrovic has one of the best headers of young prospects in the world. We aren't utilizing that talent at all despite having two of the best crossing wingers in the world in Kostic and Tadic. It's ridiculous. That's why Curcic sucks. He doesn't recognize how to utilize the talents of our players like Antic did with that generation. Zigic nor Pantelic were any better than Mitrovic in their prime, yet, Antic made them look good because he knew how to use them. It's a shame we have another bone headed coach and a corrupt FA. Same oldeal story maybe we can just push through based on our talent alone but I doubt it. Hopefully our next coach is Paunovic but shall see
That's why i suggested we go back to a 433 in a earlier post. 4231 tends to make us over play the ball in the final 3rd at times since we have that extra attacking midfielder it looks good but Mitrovic is useless when this happens. We should play Matic as a deep DM play two CM's in front of him and use the wings as much as possible.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Milan's problems go deeper than their coach. They have done for a few years. Can't put it all on him.

I don't think you can say there were too many similarities with Antic & Miha. Antic's qualifying games would have been skewed by the first couple of games and him taking over day's before. Once he'd decided on his core of players there was very little tinkering and if changes were made they were usuallly forced.

Antic experimented in friendly games which is fair enough but he could afford to do so because he had a settled 15-17 players and there's always a squad of 23 that needs to be selected.

Since Vidic, Stankovic & Pantelic etc retired there aren't really any leaders in this squad. That's a serious issue and I couldn't really pin point exactly who were his guys.

They may have used a similar amount of players but with Antic you felt he was in control and there was a plan there. With Miha there was a feeling that he was experimenting for far too long.

Out of the things Zoric mentioned the only thing that really stood out at the time was the style of play. That was something that was quite evident.

There probably is a bit of exaggeration with regards to Miha but our NT felt anything but stable at the time.

·
Registered
618 Posts
That's why i suggested we go back to a 433 in a earlier post. 4231 tends to make us over play the ball in the final 3rd at times since we have that extra attacking midfielder it looks good but Mitrovic is useless when this happens. We should play Matic as a deep DM play two CM's in front of him and use the wings as much as possible.
Yeah, 4-3-3 would be preferred if you want the front 3 to be Kostic-mitrovic-Zivkovic

However, we can't do this until a few players from the U-21 develop. For example, this would be an excellent lineup if we had SMS---Maksimovic and then Matic a bit further back. But the first two players I listed aren't ready just yet. I think for now we will probably play with Matic and Radoja if he recovers from injury and then probably SMS will be slowly integrated into the starting lineup. However, I expect the transition to take a while. Possibly midway through next qualifiers (March 2017).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:howler: Vojo please, the only people on here who would consider me insane are the ones who are border-line insane themselves. I've proven to be completely sane and logical in my approach, not to mention intelligent and civilized. Unlike others who hurl insults and have cyber meltdowns, I've already remained composed and respectful, even when putting people like you in your place with the cold hard facts.

When you're ahead of your time, those who are behind might consider you insane, but the reality is, they are just so far behind. My posts over the years have been aimed at trying to educate simple minded people like yourself. Unfortunately, you refuse to take in the factual information because deep down you don't want to accept it.
Intelligent by what measurements? Selfproclaimed? :howler:

You see, everyone on here disagree with you about your intelligence. Instead you appear to be very stubborn and have a hard time understand the whole picture and see perspectives. I respect your imagination - tomorrow you can be an astronaut, Mare! But for your own sake, I think you should visit a professional to investigate the status of your mental health.

And you are the one using insults when somebody like me disagrees with you.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts

Well there's not too much difference in the two formations and I wouldn't say that the problem is the formation. It's more about the personnel and the instructions they receive.

The tempo is too slow, there's a lack of movement and too many players want too many touches. We played the same formation under Miha as well but other than the away games vs Belgium and Croatia it looked good. We created chances but failed to convert in the 2 home games.

I think a problem we have is that a lot of these players mentioned are very similar. Only Marković who hasn't developed as expected. I guess Kostic too. The rest enjoy playing on the opposite wing, which is fine with good full backs but we don't have a right back other than Basta with those characteristics and that's developed enough to do so.

I do think you need a mobile forward though. Zvezda's 4-2-3-1 has looked great at times when Vieira or Jovic have played. It looks very different once Sikimic comes in who doesn't run the channels etc.

Playing with two central midfielders rather than someone further forward will leave our forward players isolated.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well there's not too much difference in the two formations and I wouldn't say that the problem is the formation. It's more about the personnel and the instructions they receive.

The tempo is too slow, there's a lack of movement and too many players want too many touches. We played the same formation under Miha as well but other than the away games vs Belgium and Croatia it looked good. We created chances but failed to convert in the 2 home games.

I think a problem we have is that a lot of these players mentioned are very similar. Only Marković who hasn't developed as expected. I guess Kostic too. The rest enjoy playing on the opposite wing, which is fine with good full backs but we don't have a right back other than Basta with those characteristics and that's developed enough to do so.

I do think you need a mobile forward though. Zvezda's 4-2-3-1 has looked great at times when Vieira or Jovic have played. It looks very different once Sikimic comes in who doesn't run the channels etc.

Playing with two central midfielders rather than someone further forward will leave our forward players isolated.
I agree with you but I really believe until we get a mobile striker our strikers will not take advantage of the extra possession in the final 3rd. A slight change to the formation with the two CM's will also put more pressure on our opponents when they have the ball which allows Matic to intercept and start counter attacks which is something he's great at doing. We don't have the luxury of a Chelsea who has a guy like Fabregas to distribute from midfield we look for Matic to do it which takes a little away from is defensive duty's also.

There may not be much difference in the formations but there is enough of a difference especially when you instruct what roles you want the players to play so playing 2 central mids and Matic at defensive mid and playing a slightly more quick counter attacking style Mitrovic can be more of a threat since the opposition defence will have less time to settle, he can be a threat by either receiving long/quik balls from counters where he can use his strength to hold up the ball and play in our wingers running in on goal or he can simply be a target in the box from crosses into the box. I know it could mean forward players will be isolated but Mitrovic is strong enough to hold of 2 Defenders and our wingers are all talented enough to cope.

There is a lot of of-field issues that have some impact on the way we play but you can't tell me our players didn't give their all to beat Albania. And if it wasn't for the albs trying to win, the game would of ended 0-0. Its been a long time since we have scored 2 goals against any decent NT in a non friendly fixture and we've played 4231 formation in most, also we've had literally not one decent mobile striker in all of them.

You could argue that we haven't had enough quality central mids to play this system but its not always about playing the best players and especially now with guys like SMS and Maksimovic coming through I wouldn't mind seeing us play a 433 with Matic just in front of our back 4.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Armenia albania being investigated for match fixing

6041 - 6060 of 6072 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.