Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let's make a Ballon d'Or-style vote on the most promising players in the world. Each poster makes his own top 10 most talented U-20 players(20 years old included) with 1th place getting 10 points , 10th place getting 1 point and so on.

There is no lower limit , you can even choose kids like Nnamudi or Tomaselli. Let's see how things turn out in a few years. Note that you musn't rank them based on their current level , as older players have advantage , rank them based on their potential.

Let's make it happen !!! :excited:

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Would be much better if there was a pool of players listed first to work with.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , I'll post a list soon

·
Administrator
52,841 Posts
This might help, even if site is bit random in their selection at times (little eurocentric). And some are born 94, so some still 20 and some just turned 21.

Write up of the players: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/12/09/100-best-young-players-2015-goalkeepers/

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/12/19/100-best-young-players-2015-defenders-3/

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/12/24/100-best-young-players-2015-midfielders-3/

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/12/27/100-best-young-players-2015-forwards-3/

As you can see, they go for 19-20 year olds (some cases 21, though they were 20 when list was made half a year ago) who are performing right now in Europe, playing regular footie mainly in the better leagues. You wont find unknown or raw talents or players born 98-96 in this list, teens like Coman, Halilovic, Abner, Mastour Odegaard and so on etc. Players who are playing very little or playing in lower divisions/youth footie, despite being hyped as the next big things.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see Osman post some lists too , but like he said , many of them are 21 years old , so not eligible.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
1. Martin Odegaard (Real Madrid)
2. Oliver Torres (Atletico)
3. Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)
4. Hachim Mastour (AC Milan)
5. Bernardo Silva (Monaco)
6. Alen Halilovic (Barcelona)
7. Santi Mina (Celta Vigo)
8. Marco Asensio (Real Madrid)
9. Sergi Samper (Barcelona)
10. Breel Embolo (Basel)

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Hector Bellerin has really impressed me at Arsenal, if it's based on quality in relation to position, I would think he'll be up there.

Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal looks potentially great also.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Top English prospects imo (not counting as a vote as I don't know enough to make an informed decision.

1. Dominic Salonke (17, Chelsea)
2. Raheem Sterling (20, Liverpool)
3. Luke Shaw (19, Manchester United)
4. Ruben Loftus-Cheek (19, Chelsea)
5. James Ward Prose (20, Southampton)
6. Will Hughes (20, Derby County)
7. Rolando Aarons (19, Newcastle United)
8. Isiah Brown (18, Chelsea)
9. Jordon Ibe (19, Liverpool)
10. Calum Chambers (20, Arsenal)

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Wow, is Solanke that good?
I think he looks brilliant. But it's all potential at this stage. Chelsea's youth system is awesome right now. They have him, Loftus Cheek, Brown, Lewis Baker, Jay Da Silva, Tammy Abraham of the English kids and then a bunch of promising looking imports.

Time will tell which ones will make the breakthrough, but Mourinho seems very high on Solanke, Loftus Cheek, Brown and Baker (who's just gone on loan to Vitesse for the season) at least.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Top English prospects imo(not counting as a vote as I don't know enough to make an informed decision.
I'd ask you to try and make a ranking mate. None of us have actually seen all these young players , so look at it as a wild guess , that can be fun to look back after years.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I think he looks brilliant. But it's all potential at this stage. Chelsea's youth system is awesome right now. They have him, Loftus Cheek, Brown, Lewis Baker, Jay Da Silva, Tammy Abraham of the English kids and then a bunch of promising looking imports.

Time will tell which ones will make the breakthrough, but Mourinho seems very high on Solanke, Loftus Cheek, Brown and Baker (who's just gone on loan to Vitesse for the season) at least.
Will be interesting to see...achievements in youth football aren't always a good indicator since at the age of sixteen and seventeen the physical differences can be huge. That's why I'd take the safe route and pick players who have already shown they can star in the men's game.

But talent is talent and it's always interesting to follow the development of teenagers. I've never seen Solanke play, but I've seen Loftus-Cheek and he looks like the real deal. But Chelsea haven't really been able to bring in young players to the team in ages. Or am I forgetting someone?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
1. Martin Odegaard (Real Madrid)
2. Oliver Torres (Atletico)
3. Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)
4. Hachim Mastour (AC Milan)
5. Bernardo Silva (Monaco)
6. Alen Halilovic (Barcelona)
7. Santi Mina (Celta Vigo)
8. Marco Asensio (Real Madrid)
9. Sergi Samper (Barcelona)
10. Breel Embolo (Basel)
Looks like good list. I only know a few of them ..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts