Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray
August 25th, 20:30

So we finally get to the games that count. After a typical preseason in turmoil, Ismail Kartal has taken over the reigns from Ersun Yanal. In his two games in charge, against Olympiakos and Roma, the team started slow but as the game wore on they looked more impressive. Leave Emre on the bench and if Sow and Emenike continue their form from the Roma game, it could be a fun start to the season.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
Both teams have new trainers and both teams roughly have the same squads.

Fener Gala games are always fun to watch, I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Well I am hoping that Emre, Volkan and Selcuk start or atleast be involved in a fight myself. :howler: There's no amigo Sabri though, we'll see what Melo the dog happens to do.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Ertuğrul Taşkıran, Gökhan Gönül, Caner Erkin, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Michal Kadlec, Serdar Kesimal, Bekir İrtegün, Bruno Alves, Selçuk Şahin, Raul Meireles, Mehmet Topal, Emre Belözoğlu, Alper Potuk, Mehmet Topuz, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt, Pierre Webo, Emmanuel Emenike, Muhammed Akarslan

No Diego.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
No Diego means there is a lack of quality in the first XI we field tomorrow. Were going to miss his creative spark in there so I don't personally think we'll be fine without him.

Emre is only half the player he was years ago, he needs to accept that and the club needs to ship him away or start making him realize he's a sub at best. The 'old boys' club of this team is the reason why guys like Salih, Mert, Recep, Oguz Mataraci, and Beykan Simsek don't totally get a fair shot at playing.

It's unfortunate, it really is. Melo is going to get the best of Emre once more because he's a temperamental kiro.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Its already been established that Diego wasn't even wanted, Aziz wanted him years ago and he wanted him again so he brought him in himself. Otherwise, we have the exact same team we did as last season where we played rather well. I don't recall us getting dominated in any of the games last season, even when we played against GS with 10 men.

Until they find a way to fit Diego into this team we're better off without him. Also, Salih didn't really feature last year so its not like we're missing any players from last season.

I'm sure at some point he'll fit into this team or the team will find a way to adapt to his style, otherwise, as stated, the team is the exact same from last season and hopefully Emre doesnt play.

·
Галатас&
5,898 Posts
19 Mayis stadyumu, seriously? It's a damn potato field. If anything, this is the game neither of the teams shouldn't play.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The starting line-ups for both teams:

FENERBAHÇE: Volkan, Gökhan, Bekir, Alves, Caner, Mehmet Topal, Emre, Meireles, Kuyt, Sow, Emenike.
TEKNİ DİREKTÖR: İsmail Kartal

GALATASARAY: Muslera, Veysel, Semih, Chedjou, Telles, Melo, Selçuk, Olcan, Sneijder, Yasin, Burak.
TEKNİ DİREKTÖR: Cesare Prandelli

1 - 20 of 67 Posts