Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Not to mention our rich sports history.
I doubt that would have anything to do with it, it wouldn't be based in sport history or anything..

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
South Korea had the Seoul Olympics in 86 and the wc 5 years ago, they had to give it to us. Not to mention our rich sports history.
But they had lost to vancouver 2010 for three votes,they must be completely depressed by losing again for such few votes...4 now.

·
Registered
66,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True-Kozak said:
I doubt that would have anything to do with it, it wouldn't be based in sport history or anything..

I think that was one advantage for us, the main one being is that we pull so much weight politically.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
True-Kozak said:
I doubt that would have anything to do with it.
100 per cent wrong again,check the stats....in fact it was because the rich sport history that Russia got some of the votes compared to south korea and austria.

Check the russian presentation,four olympic champions plus the best athletes you ever see in the likes of fetissov tretiak and popov.

U

·
0 Posts
kleber said:
100 per cent wrong again,check the stats....in fact it was because the rich sport history that Russia got some of the votes compared to south korea and austria.
So they won the bid because, apparently, they have a "rich sports history" :confused: It might not end up being a very good olympics if thats what the deciding factor was :pp. Was the other factor the fact their flag looked nice? :D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
True-Kozak said:
So they won the bid because, apparently, they have a "rich sports history" :confused: It might not end up being a very good olympics if thats what the deciding factor was :pp. Was the other factor the fact their flag looked nice? :D
Well and what about South Korea then?:confused: ,rich sports history?:confused: ,i can give credit to austria in the olympic games...

The major fact was Putin as Gazeta.ru is saying.....he bring stability and economical grow and will put all oil/gas taxes in Sochi.:pp

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
kleber said:
Well and what about South Korea then?:confused: ,rich sports history?:confused: ,i can give credit to austria in the olympic games...

The major fact was Putin as Gazeta.ru is saying.....he bring stability and economical grow and will put all oil/gas taxes in Sochi.:pp
As well as some kind of political guarantees that something will actually be built in Sochi by then :D.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts