1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
cmon...anyone of these teams can advance

portugal cant beat ghana in youth tournaments

usa cant beat ghana in world cup games

german team is incapable of blowing out teams like the usa or portugal..all of their games have been close.

usa is fitter than any other team on the planet..The U.S. is better.

The quality overall is simply better...this is a team that can survive without players who they leaned on heavily in years past...like Landon Donovan. If the U.S. drew this group in 2002, 2006, or 2010, it would have been too much to overcome....not anymore and not with this talent pool. The 2014 World Cup should be an opportunity for players like zusi , johnnsson , agudelo?, brooks , bedoya and gonzalez to shine and set into motion a new generation of Amerika sawker.

C ronaldo can destroy teams on his own.

Now Ghana are quietly confident of going even further in 2014 than they did at South Africa 2010, where a sensational goal line handball by Uruguays suarez denied them a place in the semifinals...they also have my main man... Gyan:strong:

so germany watch out :yess::fero:...nwo

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Has Germany ever not advanced from the first round? And Portugal/Ghana fighting for second with Portugal edging Ghana out.
I agree. It's not an easy group for us but it could have been worse. I'm also confident that if we do finish second we'll be facing the winner of Group H which doesn't seem too scary to me.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
USA, USA, USA

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
germany will lose points,just watch

·
94,319 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ppl dont realize this but the US team plays good v germany..in 2002 , usa outplayed germany ...in 2013 , they beat germany without donovon

06 Sep 1997 Germany v Portugal D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
20 Jun 2000 Portugal v Germany L 3-0 European Championship
08 Jul 2006 Germany v Portugal W 3-1 FIFA World Cup
19 Jun 2008 Germany v Portugal W 3-2 European Championship
09 Jun 2012 Germany v Portugal W 1-0 European Championshi

as u can see portugal can beat them

both teams match up well against them

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 Jun 1993 USA v Germany W 3-4 US Cup
18 Dec 1993 USA v Germany W 0-3 International
15 Jun 1998 Germany v USA W 2-0 FIFA World Cup
06 Feb 1999 USA v Germany L 3-0 International
30 Jul 1999 USA v Germany L 2-0 FIFA Confederations Cup
27 Mar 2002 Germany v USA W 4-2 International
21 Jun 2002 Germany v USA W 1-0 FIFA World Cup
22 Mar 2006 Germany v USA W 4-1 International
02 Jun 2013 USA v Germany L 4-3 International

lol..

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
First round exist in 1938, but has been in the final 8 since then always.
And that was mostly due to the Nazis unifying the German-Austrian teams with the effect that neither camp gave a stuff the tournament...

·
Registered
17,391 Posts
This becomes hilarious. Posting friendly matches stats to prove the strength of US when Germany in all those games sent not even a B-squad but a C-squad and completely ignoring the fact that Germany beat them in every WC match. Yes, Germany can lose points, but not against USA.

A realistic ranking for USA is around ~30 which means they are one of the weaker squads in the WC. But please let yourself be further fooled by the Coca-Cola-Ranking. :pp

·
94,319 Posts
No doubt ever that Germany will advance as No. 1 from this Group, but the rest all EQUALLY have IMO The same chance to get the #2 Spot.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,984 Posts
3 Jun 1993 USA v Germany W 3-4 US Cup
18 Dec 1993 USA v Germany W 0-3 International
15 Jun 1998 Germany v USA W 2-0 FIFA World Cup
06 Feb 1999 USA v Germany L 3-0 International
30 Jul 1999 USA v Germany L 2-0 FIFA Confederations Cup
27 Mar 2002 Germany v USA W 4-2 International
21 Jun 2002 Germany v USA W 1-0 FIFA World Cup
22 Mar 2006 Germany v USA W 4-1 International
02 Jun 2013 USA v Germany L 4-3 International

lol..
Germany will destroy you.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Now Ghana are quietly confident of going even further in 2014 than they did at South Africa 2010, where a sensational goal line handball by Uruguays suarez denied them a place in the semifinals...they also have my main man... Gyan:strong:
Ayida totally dived two metres from Fucile to win the free kick that brought on that so called "Cheating". Both the linesmen & ref were perfectly suited to see it.

Then on the ensuing free kick two Ghanian players were offside, including Appiah who struck the ball, and Suarez saved it with his legs. The play should have been blown dead.

Fifa wanted an African team in the semi-final. The were trying to push Ghana through.

Uruguay did not cheat. They were cheated out of their best young player for the semi-final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
But anyway back to topic I really do think USA soccer is developing but I can't seem them come out of this group. I'm still undecided about Klinsman in charge.

The Ghanian team definitely has their merits, and is a potential but I would imagine they wil be playing against the crowd in this group.

Portugal is a very well round team except for the striker position which causes them to lean on Ronaldo to much.

Germany is class come on, I would love to see a upset but I can' see them not winning this group.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts