Xtratime Community banner

Should we open individual match threads?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bosnia-Herzegovina v Argentina

Kick off: 18:00 Rio de Janeiro time
23:00 GMT 00:00 CET on the 15th June, 2014 (Sunday)
Odds:
Argentina: 1/2 Draw: 7/2 Bosnia-Herzegovina: 17/2

The significance of this match:
The first ever tournament match for the Bosnia-Herzegovina national team, be it continental or international. It will be of especially great importance to all Bosnian fans to watch their country kick off their first ever World Cup in the Maracana, against an opponent such as Argentina. Kicking off the World Cup campaign will lift the hearts and spirit of fans and players alike.

Stadium:

Probable line-ups:

·
Declining Star
472 Posts
Why don't we just have one thread for everything? That would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I agree with the others who have stated their opinion on the matter already, putting everything into just one thread is probably still the best idea at this moment if we look at the overall level of activity in this sub-forum right now. Making multiple threads is rather pointless in that case then, even if I guess you could have somewhat of an argument seeing as it's a special occasion and it's the first time that such an opportunity arose for the XT BiH forum. But seeing how organized things are with the club and NT qualifying threads all in one place, I'd say the same should apply for this too. So one thread it is.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm also in favor of seperate threads for every match, that's how they do it in other forums.

So Bicackic is definitely out? I hope Susic won't go for Sunjic because that would be surrending even before the game starts.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm also in favor of seperate threads for every match, that's how they do it in other forums.

So Bicackic is definitely out? I hope Susic won't go for Sunjic because that would be surrending even before the game starts.
Yes, every other forum. I mean, the Croatian one now has 15 threads for different WC matters, no biggie but just stating. It just seems that all others have seperate threads, and I believe for match talk and reference back in a few months, years, it will be much easier to find - the ideal for me is that we have the threads for statements, clips, videos, pictures, discussion of each individual match and have the main thread for everything else going on in the team although it's really a unanimous vote and if everyone doesn't want it, then :neutral:

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
We shouldn't make too many threads but having one for every world cup match is a good idea. I will be posting pics from the Argentina game here.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
I'm in favour of several game threads for this special occasion. Why? Because many years from now we'll probably want to re-read the comments. And it's much easier like this.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't think there's enough activity for separate threads for qualifying games, but the World Cup is different. There will also probably be a few non-Bosnian members who might come here just for that. I'd be fine with trying it out for the Argentina game and seeing how we like it.

·
MI SMO DIVOVI
3,812 Posts
I don't see the appeal. We often discuss games from the past and those in the future in the same thread. Having such a narrow thread topic makes the transition a bit more awkward. As for separating things for the sake of appearing organized...well, there's a pretty nifty search feature that will find precisely what you're looking for.

I understand that this is a special occasion, but spreading things out more than we really need doesn't necessarily make the mood more festive.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
That's a good point. Maybe going forward, if people are up for it, MC could edit his first post in the big Brazil '14 thread to have links to the exact pages where specific games started. It'd take a little work but I think it'd be a really nice touch.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see the negative point about having different threads. There will be several days inbetween the games so there will be enough to discuss. And like Dzoni said different game threads will also appeal to outsiders to share their thoughts.

I would only do this for the WC though.
and potentially EURO, if we make it :proud:

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Alright, can we now please move on and talk about the game instead of focusing on threads for the next 2000 years??

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
2014 FIFA World Cup| Bosnia-Herzegovina v Argentina| 15.06.2014| Estadio Mara...

No - boz, bos, stranac, as Roma, azul
Yes - ybc, mani, yashi, Dzoni, tarik, robi, sac, vehabija,

Monte, lobo, MC, dirlija, barba, others???

Although I feel that those who vote 'this one time on Cro or some other forum they did blah' should not be counted

·
Registered
237 Posts
No - boz, bos, stranac, as Roma, azul
Yes - ybc, mani, yashi, Dzoni, tarik, vehabija,

Monte, lobo, MC, dirlija, barba, others???

Although I feel that those who vote 'this one time on Cro or some other forum they did blah' should not be counted
My Vote: Yes.

I might not be posting here often and it took a long time until i even made a account, but i do read this forum for like 10 years now.

I respect the opinion of the OG's here:smileani: but i would enjoy reading comments from outsiders in these seperate match-threads during or post match. My guess is that they wouldn't post that much if they only see 1 merged thread with everything, thinking the forum is dead.

but then again, either way no big deal:smileani:

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I'm in favor of multiple threads for matches. It'd be easier to re-read and it is the World Cupthe best chance to have many threads for specific games.

1 - 20 of 311 Posts