Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're 5th favourites, lol.

Yes we can win it, but we still won't, I'd take getting to the quarter finals tbh.

The group stage has been drawn and Platini has fixed it so we play Bayern again. We also have CSKA for a second consecutive season, and the strongest team from Pot 4, Roma. We should still get out of the group stage. CSKA should be another 6 points, but we need to avoid defeat in Rome and win at least 2 games at the Etihad. Bayern are beatable, we showed that last season, after being the first ever team to finish 2nd in their group on 15 points. Maybe we need 18 this time round :D

Hopefully I'll get out to at least one tie, Moscow looking the most likely atm.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Bayern Munich Away

Fernando will miss this game 100%
Jovetic could be available as a sub.
Yaya Toure will play 100%, he was only rested cuz he played with Ivory Coast on wednsday and had to travel far.
And hopefully Mangala is fit to start.

my lineup

...................Aguero
.....Nasri.........Yaya.........Silva
......Fernandinho......Milner
Kolarov..Mangala..Kompany..Sagna
......................Hart

subs:
Caballero
Demichelis
Zabaleta
Lampard
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Peroally not a fan of the way Guardiola has changed Munich in recent times, think you lot have a chance tonight

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yeah I hope for your lot sakes Toure doesn't think he is too big for his boots now and will not try like tonight. Was pathetic of the parts of the match I did see.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Looking to me so far like City have similar issues to what they had post-EPL success two years ago under Mancini, some players are just not turning up and look sluggish which is leading to bad results. The schedule doesn't help them, but they've hardly been in inspirational form this year so far either. Pellegrini has his work cut out for him now, he did well last year after a bad start so will be interesting how he goes from here. Chelsea and Roma games will be massive on both fronts with significant consequences on the results.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Roma at home

Samir Nasri and Fernando are injured, while Jovetic just came back from injury and will probably be on the bench.

my lineup

...................dzeko
silva............aguero...........navas
.........yaya..........fernandinho
clichy..mangala..kompany..zabaleta
....................hart

sagna and kolarov might start instead due to this game only being 3 days since the game vs hull

subs:
caballero
demichelis
sagna
kolarov
lampard
milner
jovetic

1 - 20 of 56 Posts