Xtratime Community banner
321 - 340 of 773 Posts

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Might be a joke championship club this time next season mate if they aren't careful.
What do they say about no one is too big to go down?
yeah well it's happened to them before a few years ago so wouldnt be surprised to see it happen again! Although I dont see how Palace and Hull are going to stay up so only one more place up for grabs!

·
Registered
41,541 Posts
Serbian media also report Groningen is close to signing Aleksandar Pantic from Red Star. Since he hasn't received his salary for a long time he managed to get his contract terminated and could have left for free. But media are reporting Groningen will pay a symbolic fee of 300.000 euro after all.

A solid defender, can play as centre back or fullback on either side, decent on the ball too.

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Better than the newest version of Vidic Beenhakker and Rinus Israel got us :( ?

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Glad you stayed patient with Lambert and also glad you stayed up.
Lambert will be a good manager if he if he is given the time and you stay patient with him. He learnt off some of the best.
You have a nice crop of youngsters that will be better for the experience of last season.
Also think Vlaar might be very valuable in the coming years as skipper.
Really do like the lad Weimann, he looks like a star in the making for me.

I think it was just time up for O'Neill, I think he took you as far as he could.
Obviously he is a bit of a legend in my eyes for what he did up in Scotland but I think he might be a bit past his sell by date now after what happened with Sunderland.
We got there eventually. I hope players (as you said), such as Baker, Lowton and Clark all learn from the previous season - there was a lot of that towards the end of the season where we improved dramatically.

I think he could do a similar thing like with Dortmund, where they jumped up the table after a few seasons. Although the Premier League is much more difficult in which to achieve something like that. I'd like to think we're back in European football in 2-3 years though. :)

I was very surprised with O'Neill - I thought he'd at least have them in midtable, although they don't really have many good players and he blew his budget (as always), on average British talent...ie Johnson and Fletcher.

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
- Dikkie Van Haaren and MVVs Malcolm Esajas' transfers to ADO Den Haag are confirmed. Never heard of this Esajas. Any good?
2+1 year contract for Dik and 2+2 year contract for Esajas.

- Tjaronn Chery not on his way to FC Groningen but apparently off to the Bundesliga with newly promoted Eintracht Braunschweig. (Omroep West)

- Someone wants to pay for Malvin Platje :D Neftchi Baku have offered 100k and given NEC a deadline of midday today to take it or leave it (Telegraaf)

- PEC Zwolle again want a Swedish striker on loan from the Bundesliga's benches or stands. This time no Avdic as they'd have to buy him (no money) but possibly 23 year old Rasmus Jönsson on loan from Wolfsburg's squad of 50. He's 1m 92. Scored 9 in 23 starts in his final season at Helsingborg before Magath bought him for 3,4m euros. He's made some brief appearances for Wolfsburg before being shifted on loan to FSV Frankfurt in January where he managed 1 goal in the 6 games he played. (De Stentor)

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
- Dikkie Van Haaren and MVVs Malcolm Esajas' transfers to ADO Den Haag are confirmed. Never heard of this Esajas. Any good?
2+1 year contract for Dik and 2+2 year contract for Esajas.

- Tjaronn Chery not on his way to FC Groningen but apparently off to the Bundesliga with newly promoted Eintracht Braunschweig. (Omroep West)

- Someone wants to pay for Malvin Platje :D Neftchi Baku have offered 100k and given NEC a deadline of midday today to take it or leave it (Telegraaf)

- PEC Zwolle again want a Swedish striker on loan from the Bundesliga's benches or stands. This time no Avdic as they'd have to buy him (no money) but possibly 23 year old Rasmus Jönsson on loan from Wolfsburg's squad of 50. He's 1m 92. Scored 9 in 23 starts in his final season at Helsingborg before Magath bought him for 3,4m euros. He's made some brief appearances for Wolfsburg before being shifted on loan to FSV Frankfurt in January where he managed 1 goal in the 6 games he played. (De Stentor)
Esajas is ok, very left footed, pacey, decent finisher, quite powerful shot from distance...but of course this is in Jupiler league. Could be a useful addition

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Striker? or winger?

Celtic have meanwhile got their man.
Virgil Van Dijk will cost them 2,7m euros which can rise up to 3m depending on performances etc. Groningen have also got 10% of his sell-on fee. That's quite a good deal imo.
4 year contract for him at Celtic Park.

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·

1 trick Babel off to Kasimpasa on a 3 year contract

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Is he more of a striker or winger now? Have to be a winger with Malki and Uche around.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
One trick was used equally in both positions as a sub.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Striker? or winger?

Virgil Van Dijk will cost them 2,7m euros which can rise up to 3m depending on performances etc. Groningen have also got 10% of his sell-on fee. That's quite a good deal imo.
He played as like a left winger/left striker most the time as part of MVV's 4-3-3 formation

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Replacement for Chery then ^^

Heerenveen meanwhile get Norwegian under 21 international midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem. They claim to have beaten interest from Bundesliga clubs which I guess could be true looking at the amount of Scandinavian young players in Germany who haven't really broken through.

Didn't really pay attention to him but I thought Norways u21 team played some good football. Heerenveen claim he's an all-round midfielder.

http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/nieuws/...tm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=Headliner.nl

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Striker? or winger?

Should only get tested in the Champions league really, some weeks he will be a pedestrian in the league games especially at home.

Good move for him, Celtic and Groningen, should be a win win win in reality.

Groningen will be happy if he does really well that it is not in the eredivisie, and his value increases.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts

Heerenveen meanwhile get Norwegian under 21 international midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem. They claim to have beaten interest from Bundesliga clubs which I guess could be true looking at the amount of Scandinavian young players in Germany who haven't really broken through.

Didn't really pay attention to him but I thought Norways u21 team played some good football. Heerenveen claim he's an all-round midfielder.

http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/nieuws/...tm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=Headliner.nl
Decent capture...should really suit a side like Heerenveen. Not sure if he'll be able to fill Djuric's boots straight away tho

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

For what it is worth, he has been excellent for me on Football Manager.:smileani:

·
Registered
59,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Heerenveen have meanwhile taken the transfer off their website :D things had been sorted, Heerenveen was over the moon and he was supposed to be arriving on Monday for his medical.

Instead Heerenveen have put the news that Robert Veenstra is finally leaving after all the nonsense in the media.

321 - 340 of 773 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.