Spain
England
France
Greece
Portugal
Estonia
Croatia
Serbia

Spain and Portugal should be the favorites, with loads of great players on both sides.

Spain vs Greece right now, aswell as Croatia vs England

·
Registered
69,200 Posts
Croatia unfortunately don't have their strongest squad there because of injuries and club commitments, they are practically without 6-7 key players :depress:

France destroyed Netherlands 6:0 in qualifying, they should breeze through Group B

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Got stream?

Cannae find one for England.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful goal from Spain, Jese.

Spain absolutely dominating, creating space for Gerrard on that right side to absolutely pick the Greece apart.. the goal came aswell starting with Gerrard on the right.

That Greek leftback can't catch a breath, he's gonna have nightmares about Gerrard tonight lol.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got stream?

Cannae find one for England.
Eurosport 2 airs Spain-Greece - Eurosport 1 has Serbia-France in their schedule in a few minutes.

I doubt there's a stream for England's game Marc

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's the 2nd..

Spain are absolutely swarming the Greeks, just won't let them keep the ball for more then 4-5 seconds.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Considering the options on the bench aswell, this might be one of the more skilled youth Spanish sides.. what do you reckon Zoric?

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Serbia face France in an hour and a half. It will be very tough since we are missing loads of keyplayers because they either play in other squads or the team didnt let them go.
We are missing Matija Nastasic(Fiorentina) and Lazar Markovic(Partizan) who are the biggest talents of this generation. Aksentijevic the starting RB didnt have permission to go to the tournament while Meleg wasnt called up due to some club issues. Ninkovic one of the best players that did make the squad wont be playing against France so that doesnt make me optimistic. Add to the fact that the France destroyed the dutchies 6-0 makes me terrified of this game.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Eurosport 2 airs Spain-Greece - Eurosport 1 has Serbia-France in their schedule in a few minutes.

I doubt there's a stream for England's game Marc
But we bring the ratings Dagoods style?! :(

Yeah, didn't think so.

Anyway, our players to watch that I can remember of this lot are:

Chalobah
Coady
Afobe
Hope
Redmond
Kane

lol eurosports Watts :D

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Croatia scores :eek:

But Chalobah says "screw that!" and scores right back. :proud:

A lot of shots off target for us, I am putting that down to Croatians handballing the shots out.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You went really shorthanded into this tourny.

Your real squad could have really made some noise next to Spain and Portugal as a favorite to win it.. shame Ox, Powell, Sterling etc are not here.

Chalobah is gonna be the record holder in appearenaces for English national youth teams lol. he's here since he's like 15 or smth.

I understand he plays fulltime midfield right now btw

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Wouldn't learn anything at this level really, real action is with the U21's anyway.

Although I assumed Powell would of played, and if not then selected for the olympics but hey what do I know. I suppose now that he is with united he is too good for England. :D Its maddening trying to work out what England is doing with players, or clubs for that matter.

Yeah, this is England. If you are a skillful CB, you get moved into a DM/CM role. If you're a fantastic playmaker you get put up front, if you are a forward you get put on the wing. I haven't seen him in midfield, maybe he is great there but he was great at CB so I find it odd unless it is to develop his passing.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
UEFA UNDER 19 EURO CHAMPIONSHIP

ESTONIA 2012
3 to 15 July

Round 1 - 3 July 2012

Group A

Haapsalu
GREECE 1-2 SPAIN
(Diamantakos 66'; Jesé Rodriguez 30', Osede 40')

Tallinn
ESTONIA 0-3 PORTUGAL
(Pikk 5' OG, Betinho 25', Daniel Martins 72')

Current standings
1 PORTUGAL ....1G 1W 0D 0L 3-0 3P
2 SPAIN ............1G 1W 0D 0L 2-1 3P
3 GREECE ...........1G 0W 0D 1L 1-2 0P
4 ESTONIA ...........1G 0W 0D 1L 0-3 0P

Group B

Tallinn
ENGLAND 1-1 CROATIA
(Chalobah 60'; Pavicic 57')

Rakvere
SERBIA 0-3 FRANCE
(Samnick 17', Pogba 26' pen., Vion 32')

Current standings
1 FRANCE ....1G 1W 0D 0L 3-0 3P
2 ENGLAND ...1G 0W 1D 0L 1-1 1P
2 CROATIA .....1G 0W 1D 0L 1-1 1P
4 SERBIA .........1G 0W 0D 1L 0-3 0P

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Yeah, this is England. If you are a skillful CB, you get moved into a DM/CM role. If you're a fantastic playmaker you get put up front, if you are a forward you get put on the wing. I haven't seen him in midfield, maybe he is great there but he was great at CB so I find it odd unless it is to develop his passing.
Luckily for England Eric Dier comes from Sporting's academy which means that he is a skilled CB that will stay playing in that position.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Luckily for England Eric Dier comes from Sporting's academy which means that he is a skilled CB that will stay playing in that position.
Is he any good? Don't think I have seen him yet.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Wouldn't learn anything at this level really, real action is with the U21's anyway.

Although I assumed Powell would of played, and if not then selected for the olympics but hey what do I know. I suppose now that he is with united he is too good for England. :D Its maddening trying to work out what England is doing with players, or clubs for that matter.

Nathaniel played all the season in midfield and his performances were superb. His passing is great and scored goals for fun too. If Chelsea don't promote him to the first team sooner than later, I don't know who is going to make it at the club. Todd Kane deserved to be in this tournament too IMO.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like the look of Joao Cancelo the RB..looks very fast, he's tall aswell - his crosses so far seem superb, and he had some nice overlaps and bursts of speed to support the offense down his flank.

Not extremely skilled on the ball(or didn't show that so far), but he looks like a very positive player, has a very good impact from the RB position.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Joao Mario aswell, looking very impressive both on the ball and physically, he's all over the pitch this half... calm on the ball, imposes himself physically, very mobile, good technique/touch.
Andre Gomes seems like such an accurate passer, esp long passes attempts, and he's very mobile, tall, strong, but doesn't have Joao Mario's calmness/technique.

Granted we should take atleast the midfield play of Portugal with a grain of salt cause of the opponents being so weak - but I like all 3 of Portugals midfielders with Joao Mario being the highlight for me, when I already knew Agostinho who doesn't have a lot of work tbh, and i'd really want to see him tested more defensively.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Considering the options on the bench aswell, this might be one of the more skilled youth Spanish sides.. what do you reckon Zoric?
They've got a solid side this time around. Some good players in it like Jesé, Juanmi, Gerard (despite being incredibly selfish) and guys who're a year younger in Manquillo, Olí Torres and Saúl Ñiguéz. The first two have mostly played on Juvenil-level, just like Grimaldo who's tremendous though.

A big shame Paco isn't given a shot though, he's a big talent, just haven't been given time on senior level yet.

Bernat is pretty good and Campaña is a bit up and down.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts