7 Perez
8 Witsel
9 Aimar
10 Gaitan
11 Cardozo

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I suppose it's alright for us to create a separate thread for Europe despite having one thread for many years. It's going to be interesting to see how we look tomorrow. Hopefully, we secure a win but I'm nervous about playing such an important match so early.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose it's alright for us to create a separate thread for Europe despite having one thread for many years. It's going to be interesting to see how we look tomorrow. Hopefully, we secure a win but I'm nervous about playing such an important match so early.
I'm somewhat confident, we've been playing like shit this whole pre-season, if last year's trend continues to this year then this would mean that we'll be good this season.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Word out in the Press is that JJ

will start Aimar, Saviola, Cardozo combo
with Perez on the right and Gaitan on the left.
Garcia defensive mid as normal

Maxi should start with Luisao and Garay taking care of buisness and New guy Emereson will complete the defensive line since there is no other player available for that possition.

Capdevilla was not listed in time to feature in the Qualifying round.

Artur sould be the starting goalie.

that means I wasnt far off my prediction.

Im sure we will see Witsel some point in the game.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
O defesa uruguaio chegou a Lisboa ao início desta manhã. Conforme Jorge Jesus já admitiu, Maxi poderá mesmo jogar esta noite frente ao Trabzonspor.

O jogador esteve até domingo ao serviço da selecção uruguaia que conquistou a Copa América na Argentina, viajou rapidamente para o seu país e daí rumou à capital portuguesa, onde chegou esta manhã pouco passava das 7 horas da madrugada.

Estou bem, muito bem, com vontade de jogar», disse o jogador, em declarações à Antena 1.

Maxi terá seguido de imediato para o local de concentração da equipa encarnada, onde uma conversa com Jorge Jesus vai definir qual a disponibilidade para estar na equipa que esta noite defrontará o Trabzonspor.
13:38 - 27-07-2011

This guy is a real trooper. Got to love him.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Won't be able to see the game, but goodluck guys! was sure Nolito would get the starting spot after hte pre-season.. he's been your best player in the times i've tuned in.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
What time is the game? Also, if any of you can find a feed, I'd be grateful.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
our season is just about to start! yes :D

and what a key game, we are playing home and have more pedigree and experience than trabzonspor, so we do have the obligation to win it, no excuses

having said that, i didnt like what i've seen so far, we surely dont have a "team" yet (Jesus agrees..) and that worries me ...plus the luisão soap opera may undermine our already shaky defensive structure

let's hope our players are focused tonight and hungry for goals :D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
thats good news

not only because maxi just came from the copa and hasnt played a single game with the team yet, but also because i would hate to see us starting the season with zero portuguese players in the starting line-up..

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
lol but maxi is one of out rocks great defensivly and helps out up front.

But Amorim is a good replacement and 100% Portuguese

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Get Witsel on, damn it :mad:

Don't make me lose another 2 euros :mad:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Wally, stop betting, you fuck :D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
what a boring game so far...the goalies barely touched the ball, which says it all really

after a promising start, with a couple good occasions to score, we simply fell asleep, and are looking pretty lame

·
Registered
59,077 Posts

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
wally u better not jinx it for us, we must make it to the CL groups:D

1 - 20 of 203 Posts