Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone interested in this league?
This year I'm very interested in it, even more than Ligue 2.

I'm running for Vannes, but also like Le Poiré sur Vie and Luzenac.

Here are the rankings.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Ajaccio's attendance already isn't great so GFCO Ajaccio I take gets 250 fans? :D

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They actually manage to get attendances like 700-1000, which is not bad for such a small club. :D
By the way they're still qualified in French Cup, after having beaten Toulouse! Which was quite unbelievable :)

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
I'm running for Martigues, I've always liked that team !!

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running for Martigues, I've always liked that team !!
Brings back some nice memories, some Martigues-Sainté & Sainté-Martigues while we were struggling in Ligue 2.
I remember one game in Martigues where we drew 1-1, Frédéric Mendy scoring the equalizer at ninety-third minute! It was in 2001-02 I think. :thumbsup:

Martigues is close to Marseille so I understand your interest for that team. :D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Red Star I think belong in National, or even more Ligue 2.

As further I root for Bayonne of course but I can't see them staying up, already last season they had to go down but were lucky because some clubs made a mess of their finances.

Also it's really strange small teams from villages like Luzenac and Poiré-sur-Vie can play 3rd level football.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's amazing, Le Poiré is even 11th! That's quite an accomplishment.

I feel Red Star will be leaving for CFA at the end of season, Bayonne as well. For the 2 others teams I have no idea, it will be interesting :)

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a good Breton, i am following Vannes results. :proud:
I like you :thumbsup:
Have you ever been to La Rabine? I usually go 2-3 times a year. I always have a good time going to that beautiful stadium :)

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Went only once, severals years ago to see one pre season game between Rennes and Marseille. Nice stadium in the heart of the city. :thumbsup:

Too bad they lost in the cup against Bordeaux fews years ago. The club did really well since the two clubs of the city merged together, that was like 10 or 15 years ago ?

Wonder also if one day will rise another big club in Paris. Red Star or Paris FC. I know there was a rumor about Fernandez taking the lead of one of them...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Paris FC don't have any fans or support in the city as far as I know. Red Star do at least have got history and support but with PSG growing as much as they do right now it will be difficult for a second club I think.

Also there's still the former Racing Paris, Racing Levallois nowadays, playing in CFA2, they used to be big too if I'm not mistaken.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went only once, severals years ago to see one pre season game between Rennes and Marseille. Nice stadium in the heart of the city. :thumbsup:

Too bad they lost in the cup against Bordeaux fews years ago. The club did really well since the two clubs of the city merged together, that was like 10 or 15 years ago ?

Wonder also if one day will rise another big club in Paris. Red Star or Paris FC. I know there was a rumor about Fernandez taking the lead of one of them...
Yeah it's a 30 seconds walk to the port :thumbsup: I always love to go there!

It was incredible for Vannes to get to League Cup final! What an incredible moment. Too bad Bordeaux was unbeatable at that time. They could play all together while closing eyes & would still score. :(

The Fernandez rumor was for Paris FC, and the Domenech rumor was for Red Star, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, none of those two rumors ended up with anything concrete.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paris FC don't have any fans or support in the city as far as I know. Red Star do at least have got history and support but with PSG growing as much as they do right now it will be difficult for a second club I think.

Also there's still the former Racing Paris, Racing Levallois nowadays, playing in CFA2, they used to be big too if I'm not mistaken.
I think you're right on every sentence you wrote. Red Star definitely has a strong fanbase, but has not had any good results for decades now.

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
Paris FC doesn't have enough fans to expect to be the second Paris's club. Red Star got more chances to get his dreams.

The only way for Paris FC to get more fans would be to keep back the ones disapointed by Qatari's strategy with PSG. But that takes time and I don't know if Paris FC has time...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Yeah it's really such a pity what happened to Strasbourg, they still attract good crowds in CFA2 it seems.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes they do, and that's quite impressive tbh. To draw a comparison, Grenoble was also relegated to CFA2, but 99% of the fans just stopped supporting the team. So now there's noone attending games in their (beautiful) "Alps Stadium".
On the contrary, Strasbourg managed to keep their fans alive and are still able to gather thousands of fans in their stadium, watching fifth-level football!

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
Yes they do, and that's quite impressive tbh. To draw a comparison, Grenoble was also relegated to CFA2, but 99% of the fans just stopped supporting the team. So now there's noone attending games in their (beautiful) "Alps Stadium".
On the contrary, Strasbourg managed to keep their fans alive and are still able to gather thousands of fans in their stadium, watching fifth-level football!
Strasbourg, instead of Grenoble, is a city who lives for football. They look at a bit like Marseille or Saint-Etienne. They've always gone to the stadium because of Racing is their love.

Grenoble's never got this and will never get it.

Btw, I'm feeling a bit close from Saint-Etienne fans because I knew what it's to hope a trophee after so many years without. I really hope you'll get one because your crowd deserves one. ;)

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Btw, I'm feeling a bit close from Saint-Etienne fans because I knew what it's to hope a trophee after so many years without. I really hope you'll get one because your crowd deserves one. ;)
Thank you very much :proud: that's what we always say: "on veut une équipe digne de son public" :D but we'll get one sooner or later, I'm confident. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts