Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Brasil's manager Carlos 'Dunga' has called almost 90 players during the long process of selecting the privileged few who will represent our nation in South Africa. As usual, controversies abound and crowd-favorites are demanded; the truth is that there's no such thing as a Brasilian NT call-up that pleases everybody, simply because Brasil has too many options for only 23 places. So Dunga is headed towards controversy no matter whose names are on that list. :undecide:

Gomes, Doni or Victor? Miranda, Thiago Silva or Luisão? Gilberto, Marcelo or Kleber? Adriano, Grafite, Neymar, Diego Tardelli or Ronaldinho Gaucho? Paulo Henrique Ganso or Kleberson? All questions will be answered today, and regardless of whose names are on today's list Dunga will be criticized. There's no conceivable list that everyone will approve of.

Since 2006 Dunga has tested Julio Cesar, Doni, Gomes, Helton, Renan, Fabio, Cassio, Diego Alves, Victor, Maicon, Daniel Alves, Cicinho, Leonardo Moura, Ilsinho, Rafinha, Juan, Lucio, Alex, Luisão, Naldo, Alex Silva, Edu Dracena, Henrique, Gladstone, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Breno, Leo, Andre Dias, Cris, Gilberto, Kleber, Marcelo, Adriano, Richarlyson, Juan, Carlinhos, Andre Santos, Filipe Luis, Fabio Aurelio, Michel Bastos, Gilberto Silva, Mineiro, Ze Roberto, Elano, Diego, Julio Baptista, Josue, Kaka, Dudu Cearense, Anderson, Edmilson, Daniel Carvalho, Fernando, Lucas, Tinga, Hernanes, Thiago Neves, Jonatas, Morais, Vagner, Mancini, Alex, Felipe Melo, Kleberson, Ramires, Sandro, Ronaldinho Gaucho, Cleiton Xavier, Diego Souza, Carlos Eduardo, Denilson, Fabio Simplicio, Robinho, Vagner Love, Luis Fabiano, Rafael Sobis, Afonso Alves, Fred, Adriano, Alexandre Pato, Ricardo Oliveira, Jo, Bobo, Nilmar, Diego Tardelli, Hulk and Grafite. Most of these players were discarded long ago (we can safely bet that Edmilson and Gladstone won't be in today's list), and there's a lot of pressure on Dunga to call two players who weren't ever tested (Ganso and Neymar), which seems unlikely to me - but then I wouldn't have believed that Doni would still be a serious option at this point, so what do I know? :D

But no matter whose names are on that list, this is the Brasilian NT and I'll be cheering for them. Win or lose, these are our boys and they will need our support. World Cups are never easy, and this will be no exception. Dunga's inevitably-controversial brigade will follow on the footsteps of Leonidas, Zizinho, Nilton Santos, Gerson, Marinho Chagas, Zico, Careca, Romario, Rivaldo and so many others... they may enter history as heroes or failures, and they may win or lose, but their mere presence on today's list will cover them with responsibility. Alea Jacta Est! :hopeful:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aaand there it is. Was anyone really surprised?

These are the 23, with the most likely starters highlighted:

Julio Cesar
Gomes
Doni (!!)
Maicon
Daniel Alves
Lucio
Juan
Thiago Silva
Luisão
Michel Bastos
Gilberto :eek:
Gilberto Silva
Josue
Felipe Melo
Kleberson
Ramires
Elano
Julio Baptista
Kaka
Luis Fabiano
Robinho
Nilmar
Grafite (Adriano is OUT!!!)

Later today CBF will release the other 7 names that will complete the official pre-list, joining those 23 and the 6 other Brasilians that were called by other NTs. :D

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Well, I got gomes instead of vitor right and grafite over adriano but I was expecting Gaúcho or Ganso stealing Kleberson's spot but that didn't happen.

WHAT A ****ING RIDICULOUS STUPID IDIOT MEDIOCRE TEAM.

wtf!

TEAM SPIRIT, right?

I hope that when were losing 0-2 the Team Spirit wake up and score 3 goals...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm personally glad that Ronaldinho Gaucho isn't there, I'm sick of him. But I may be in the minority. :D

·
Administrator
29,400 Posts
This team is far from mediocre or stupidy. Gilberto, Doni, Kleberson may be odd, but all bench players. Adriano out is great, Dunga still not playing names, that is far from stupidy.
Namewise, Brazil have the most likely the best defense in the world. Our middlefield is organized to support Kaka, who is the best player in his position in the world. And our attack have a very efficient goal scorer and robinho, who for the NT is a more serious and dedicated player. Now is working hard and that bit of luck.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
I hope that we lose to Cote D'Ivorie and Portugal. Then the "zé-povinho" with this mediocre mentality can put the "team spirit" inside their shit-maker and enjoy it a little bit.

I'm personally glad that Ronaldinho Gaucho isn't there, I'm sick of him. But I may be in the minority. :D
let's not start that debate again.

It could be ronaldinho or josézinho, mariozinho, ANYONE THAT CAN GIVE A ****ING ASSIST. Simple as that.

Dunga's team = mediocre.

Unbelievable. If Kaka is injured = we are fvcked
If L. Fabiano suffer an injury = we are fvcked

and we are already ****ed at the left back.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's look at the bright side: No Adriano (so Dunga won't have to hide the little bottles of booze from the NT hotel's minibar)! :D

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Later today CBF will release the other 7 names that will complete the official pre-list, joining those 23 and the 6 other Brasilians that were called by other NTs. :D
Why haven't they released the last 7 names yet? Or has Dunga already decided on which 23 players to bring to South Africa?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I'm curious about who will be the 7 other players that CBF will announce later today. Vitor and Miranda will probably be included, but I wonder if Ronaldinho Gaucho will be there too.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why haven't they released the last 7 names yet? Or has Dunga already decided on which 23 players to bring to South Africa?
Unlike other NT managers, Dunga decided to announce the first-choice 23 names, and the other 7 (who are essentially the backups in case one of the 23 is unavailable) will be announced separately. If nobody gets injured, these are the 23 who will go to South Africa.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Or has Dunga already decided on which 23 players to bring to South Africa?
Yes, he did.

He didn't announced the other players because he doesn't not even want to answer questions regarding the players he left out the NT.

·
Registered
590 Posts
pintou o campeão.

err..

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Pros: Adriano OUT, our 4 Zagueiros are ALL AWESOME
Cons: Kleberson, Josue, Gilberto are in, and Romario is out :(

Hidden truths:
All our crappy players will not play with the exception of Gilberto Silva, but he's still solid. Our defense is the best in the world.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And of course, we can't forget the OTHER six Brasilians who were already called. :D

Marcos Senna..

...Marcus Tulio Tanaka...

...Liedson...

...Pepe...

...Deco...

...and Cacau!

:proud:

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Liedson > Lápis

Deco > Ramires + Kleberson + Elano + Julio craptista COMBINED.

Marcos Senna > Felipe Bostello.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 472 Posts