Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 817 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Lets get ready for the Heights ...............

Villacís: Ecuador will play the WC Preliminaries in Quito

27 / 03 / 2007

The vice president if the Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF), Carlos Villacís Naranjo, manifested that Ecuador will maintain the city of Quito as the only host city for the South American Preliminary Competition for World Cup 2010.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
AxelFoley said:
Nawww, too bad it didn't work out for you colo-colo, I know you really wanted new fixtures :smileani:
I dont lose any sleep over this shit...Not like you who had to come here and instigate crap... :dielaugh:

At least Leoz and his 40 Thieves DIDNT change the All against All Eliminatories .. That would have been hell !!!!

Chau pain in the :ass: !!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
colocolo said:
I dont lose any sleep over this shit...Not like you who had to come here and instigate crap... :dielaugh:

At least Leoz and his 40 Thieves DIDNT change the All against All Eliminatories .. That would have been hell !!!!

Chau pain in the :ass: !!!!!!
Neither do I, I'm not the one who bitches about it, now am I?

Whatever makes you feel better, keep screaming "No fair!" I'm sure Conmebol will give a shit :howler:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
colocolo said:
Lets get ready for the Heights ...............

Villacís: Ecuador will play the WC Preliminaries in Quito

27 / 03 / 2007

The vice president if the Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF), Carlos Villacís Naranjo, manifested that Ecuador will maintain the city of Quito as the only host city for the South American Preliminary Competition for World Cup 2010.
Might as well start packing for South Africa already ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
Might as well start packing for South Africa already ;)
How are things looking for Ecuador at the moment? Do you have any good strikers that can take over Delgado (if he has quit which he has stated)

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Well, you will probably see us ****ing up in the Copa America as usual.

As far as the Delgado situation, he is coming back. Basically, he was suspended for a year and then cut a deal with the FEF that he wouldn't not be suspended if he returned to the NT. (This is not official, but it is the end of the affairs)

Delgado has been great for us, and the talent pool which we've never had in Ecuador is actually flourishing to no ends. We have way better players than before in basically every position except defense (we've always had shitty keepers with the exception of carlos luis morales in all honesty).
The thing Ecuador had before is essentially what Beilsa is trying to do in Argentina, 99% of our players played in the Ecuadorean league, and before an eliminatoria game the staff and players would essentially would do a lock out (un retiro) in a military school (named Parcayacu) where they would stay for a week before games. This incredible huge advantage and the altitude made 80% the difference after the belief in our game was settled. With most of our starters now abroad, this advantage, as big IMO as the altura, is over.

Now, though we have attackers better than Delgado in Tenorio and Benitez, we still don't have the talent that you lot have. And it might come down to huevos, and that mis negros have a lot of.

All I do know is whatever the outcome of this copa, it will have absolutely 0 incidence and 0 effect on our WC Qualifying campaign.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The Copa America is nothing but bull crap anymore !!!!

Its a GREAT thing we also have a World Cup real soon in Canada..Im lookinn forward to that and the Eliminatories..Copa America ??? not in my TV !!! Not in my house................Not this time !!!

:cap:

·
Registered
913 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
Well, you will probably see us ****ing up in the Copa America as usual.

As far as the Delgado situation, he is coming back. Basically, he was suspended for a year and then cut a deal with the FEF that he wouldn't not be suspended if he returned to the NT. (This is not official, but it is the end of the affairs)
So he made a deal with FEF. That can't be legal? I guess that's the word on the street and that it's off the record?

Anyways, I've noticed you haven't been doing good in the Copa, not even these past 2 where you have been doing great in the eliminatorias. I wish you good luck this summer (please beat the s**t out of Chile for us :thumbsup: )

Colocolo won't mind since she's not going to watch it :smileani:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I'll be watchinn the Eliminatories ONLY and AFTER Chile gets rid of the thief named Acosta (Uruguayan by the way .... what else :eek: ).

Im waiting for Pellegrini and we WILL be in S Africa ...

·
Registered
913 Posts
colocolo said:
I'll be watchinn the Eliminatories ONLY and AFTER Chile gets rid of the thief named Acosta (Uruguayan by the way .... what else :eek: ).

Im waiting for Pellegrini and we WILL be in S Africa ...
So you won't be watching Chile's qualifying campaign 'til he leaves? Some fan you are.
Oh well, I would have given any excuse as well in order to not having to watch such a crappy team as Chile :lick:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
You frikken hilarious !!!!!!! :dielaugh:

We will shitcan the Sorete as soon as the Copa America Fiasco ends .. That means I will be watchinn Chile in the Eliminatories..And BTW I do have a 2nd Nation....Proud Citizen of the USA I am...The Gringos always do very well !!!!

:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
colocolo said:
You frikken hilarious !!!!!!! :dielaugh:

We will shitcan the Sorete as soon as the Copa America Fiasco ends .. That means I will be watchinn Chile in the Eliminatories..And BTW I do have a 2nd Nation....Proud Citizen of the USA I am...The Gringos always do very well !!!!

:)
Your part American? I see... So that's 2 horrible teams you must be ashamed of following :howler: You just can't catch a break, can you?

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Man...get lost...go hide under some igloo you frikeen idiot !!!!

You still havent learned that Australia is your FATHER !!!! :cap:

BTW as of now youre like the 10th frikken uruguayan SORETE in my ignore list..I cant see what you post...Its like you dont exist...dont waste your time here anymore..

In other words get lost...hit the pike...die for all I care...i cant see your posted crap and I dont care if I ever see it again..:party:

Chau Loser !!!! :cap:

·
Registered
913 Posts
colocolo said:
Man...get lost...go hide under some igloo you frikeen idiot !!!!

You still havent learned that Australia is your FATHER !!!! :cap:

BTW as of now youre like the 10th frikken uruguayan SORETE in my ignore list..I cant see what you post...Its like you dont exist...dont waste your time here anymore..

In other words get lost...hit the pike...die for all I care...i cant see your posted crap and I dont care if I ever see it again..:party:

Chau Loser !!!! :cap:
Who is the idiot? You're the one who acts like an asshole because of your inferiority complex. How is Australia our father? We beat them, they beat us. There's not a big gap between the results unlike between Chile and Uruguay :lick:

I will post this just in case you'll ever get interested and feel like getting a verbal bitch-slap once in a while :howler:

You miss, are owned :howler:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The idiot must NOT know how it works !!! Can someone xplain to him what the deal is !!!! :dielaugh:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
FIFA bans high-altitude international matches

By SHEILA NORMAN-CULP, Associated Press Writer
May 27, 2007

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- FIFA has banned international games from being played at high altitudes.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said the decision to ban games more than 8,200 feet above sea level was made Sunday after a review by the medical team for world soccer's governing body.

Bolivia has held World Cup qualifiers at an altitude of about 11,810 feet at its capital La Paz. There has been criticism that Bolivia's advantage is not only unfair, but also dangerous for the players' health.

Earlier this year, Brazilian club Flamengo said it would not play again at altitude after several players needed oxygen during a game staged at nearly 13,120 feet against Bolivian team Real Potosi.

Peru also has stadiums above 9,840 feet.

Speaking after a meeting of FIFA's executive committee, Blatter also reiterated his full support in South Africa's ability to hold the 2010 World Cup.

"I was fighting to bring the World Cup to Africa," he said. "Now, I am not fighting, I am confident we are doing it."

Blatter noted that the same objections arose from European and Latin America nations when the United States held the World Cup in 1994.

"People said then that Americans didn't know what football was, but we taught them," Blatter said. "This is not the first time we have organized a World Cup."

Six South African government ministers will meet with Blatter and other top FIFA officials on Wednesday, ahead of the FIFA World Congress being held Wednesday and Thursday in Zurich.

Blatter said he and other top FIFA officials plan to visit South Africa from June 16-18 to check on the country's progress in upgrading its infrastructure.

Five of the 10 South African stadiums being built or upgraded for the 2010 World Cup are supposed to be finished by December 2008, but it is uncertain whether those deadlines will be met.

In other news from the executive committee's meeting:

-- Blatter welcomed Manchester United's decision to cancel a friendly scheduled for July 27 in Malaysia due to concerns it would distract from the Asian Cup, the region's flagship tournament July 7-29 to be held jointly in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.

-- FIFA approved a match in honor of former South African president Nelson Mandela on July 18 -- his 89th birthday. Former African players will face a World team in Cape Town, South Africa.

-- Blatter appealed for "dialogue, not confrontation" in FIFA's ongoing dispute with Europe's most powerful clubs over limits on the number of foreign players per team and compensation for injuries during national service.

-- Macedonia and Kazakhstan have until June 15 to reinstate federation officials removed in contravention of FIFA rules. Otherwise, FIFA could suspend the two countries from international fixtures.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Bolivia: FIFA altitude ban discriminates :nono:against Andean nations

By DAN KEANE, Associated Press Writer
May 28, 2007

LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) -- Bolivia President Evo Morales says FIFA's decision to ban all international soccer matches above 8,200 feet discriminates against Latin America's high-altitude nations.

FIFA's ruling on Sunday drew outrage from fans, soccer officials, and governments across Latin America, and Morales said on Monday he will fight the decision.

The Andean Community of Nations -- including Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia, each with cities above the limit -- sent FIFA president Joseph Blatter a letter Monday calling for the ruling to be overturned.

Morales, an avid soccer player, called for people in Bolivia's highlands to play soccer in the streets on Wednesday in a mass demonstration of high-altitude sport.

"This is not only a ruling against Bolivia, but against the universality of sport," Morales said following an emergency Cabinet meeting at the presidential palace in La Paz, 11,800 feet above sea level.

FIFA cited a concern for players' health and home-field advantage of high-altitude teams over their visiting lowland rivals. But Morales discounted such fears, saying the challenges of playing at altitude were simply part of the world's game.

"He who wins at altitude, wins with dignity," Morales said. "He who fears altitude has no dignity."

The ruling eliminates international games in La Paz and other major Bolivian cities and the Colombian capital of Bogota, the Ecuadorean capital Quito and the Peruvian city of Cuzco.

Most of Mexico City falls under the limit at 7,200 feet but Toluca -- Mexico's most successful club in recent years -- is above the limit.

Toluca press chief Mauricio Garduno said extreme heat and cold also create an advantage for some home teams.

"When you play a match at 104 degrees, that's what affects players the most," Garduno said. "Altitude is not that important. If FIFA is going to consider that, it should consider other things, too."

The FIFA decision follows a Copa Libertadores match in February between Brazilian club Flamengo and Bolivia's Real Potosi, which was played in freezing rain at 13,120 feet.

The Brazilian players, who train at sea level in Rio de Janeiro, took oxygen during the game and eventually drew 2-2. But officials of the influential club vowed never again to play at such high altitude, complaining of "unsporting and inhumane" conditions.

"We didn't have the luck to be born anywhere else. We have to play sports wherever we are," said Ruben Cuenca, 45, a pastry seller on the streets of La Paz. "If not, where would we go to play, the beach? And play soccer with the crabs?"

Associated Press writers Joshua Goodman in Bogota and Peter Orsi in Mexico City contributed to this report.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and Mexico are hit hard !!!!

All because the brazilians screamed !!!!! And Fifa does nothing but pamper them ALWAYS !!!!!!

:eek:

Now..games in Barranquilla in the middle of summer at 2PM are goinn to be just as bad if not worse than the altittude !!!!!
Same gos for Brazil where the heat and humidity ARE brutal..Are they also goinn to be banned ???????

61 - 80 of 817 Posts