Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 817 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maybe Leoz will grant your wish, but on the last day !!!! :eek:
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Unanimously the Conmebol Presidents agreed to keep the Eliminatories to the World Cups in the same fashion it has been used for the last 2 or 3 Cups....BUT, the Chilean President...on his way out, as he is being replaced there...asked for NEW fixtures...and that is good news....and the request was granted.
Now this all sits in Zurich for final Fifa approval ..

:cap:
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe something will be known on this matter come the meeting of June 5th ..... :cap:
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does ANYONE here know when will Conmebol work on the FIXTURES for S Africa 2010 ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
given that the copa america is in 2007, they could keep the same 18 match system.

alot of problems were the copa being in between the qualifiers.
and coaches got angry over this, esp brazil and arg coach.

personally if the qualifiers system is 2 groups of 5 teams

brazil-----argentina
paraguay-----ecuador
uruguay----chile
bolivia-----venuezuela
colobia-----peru

an example above

top 2 go 2 world cup
3rd place teams play off
winner plays winner of oceiania (new zeland/solomon islands)

u will always qualify.

with this format, u can fit copa every 2 years, and same year as euro championships, asia cup etc eg, 2004, 2008, 2012.

but now copa in 2007, the 18 match qualifiers will start in 2008
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
dammage7 said:
given that the copa america is in 2007, they could keep the same 18 match system.

alot of problems were the copa being in between the qualifiers.
and coaches got angry over this, esp brazil and arg coach.

personally if the qualifiers system is 2 groups of 5 teams

brazil-----argentina
paraguay-----ecuador
uruguay----chile
bolivia-----venuezuela
colobia-----peru

an example above

top 2 go 2 world cup
3rd place teams play off
winner plays winner of oceiania (new zeland/solomon islands)

u will always qualify.

with this format, u can fit copa every 2 years, and same year as euro championships, asia cup etc eg, 2004, 2008, 2012.

but now copa in 2007, the 18 match qualifiers will start in 2008
The WC Qualifiers for 2010 will remain All against All...thats already decided....that will not chanhe and Im glad.....My question has to do with the fixtures, BECAUSE ...new match ups will be drawn to eliminate the BS of Argentina Vs Uruguay on the last date !!!

:cap:

Finally Conemboll gets something about half way right !!!!:proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
colocolo said:
The WC Qualifiers for 2010 will remain All against All...thats already decided....that will not chanhe and Im glad.....My question has to do with the fixtures, BECAUSE ...new match ups will be drawn to eliminate the BS of Argentina Vs Uruguay on the last date !!!

:cap:

Finally Conemboll gets something about half way right !!!!:proud:
is the arg vs urugauy a problem becuase

1. by the time they meet, arg have qualified, and uruguay need a win to make 5th spot, and arg fields a weak team, and uruguay wins, making chile, colombia angry.

is this the problem or is it something ewlse?
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mainly the problem was a MAJOR issue on the last date for BOTH eliminatories...Therefore Conmebol has to draw new fixtures for 2010...It really should have been done on the eliminatories for Germany...Already being lazy and leaving things as they were for Korea-Japan was a big mistake...

All againts all...with NEW fixtures for S Africa is and will be the way to go !!! :cap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
colocolo said:
Mainly the problem was a MAJOR issue on the last date for BOTH eliminatories...Therefore Conmebol has to draw new fixtures for 2010...It really should have been done on the eliminatories for Germany...Already being lazy and leaving things as they were for Korea-Japan was a big mistake...

All againts all...with NEW fixtures for S Africa is and will be the way to go !!! :cap:
Are you a bad looser? If you should have won last game against a B-side Ecuadorian team, then it would make more sense for you to be pissed, but still not a lot of sense. Maybe the fixtures next time will be that Chile and Uruguay meet for the final round, and both teams are fighting for the 4/5th spot, we would get the result required of course, as we usually do against you, since you've only gotten 1 points in 4 games as we've gotten 10. Would you prefer that?
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
AxelFoley :

Man.....the WHOLE of Conmebol asked the fixtures be changed...What doest that tell you ?????

The Whole of Conmebol are bad losers ????

:mute:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
colocolo said:
AxelFoley :

Man.....the WHOLE of Conmebol asked the fixtures be changed...What doest that tell you ?????

The Whole of Conmebol are bad losers ????

:mute:
Did they? Because of the SAME reason you want them to be changed, or just because they just want new fixtures?
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
AxelFoley said:
Did they? Because of the SAME reason you want them to be changed, or just because they just want new fixtures?
Who gives a rat's ass why they want them changed xcept YOU ?????? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :confused: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
colocolo said:
Who gives a rat's ass why they want them changed xcept YOU ?????? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :confused: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
It matters since you seem to hold a grudge against Uruguay, and therefore want the fixtures to be changed. You said "Are they all bad losers", no they're probably not, why? Because they probably don't want them to change the fixtures basing on the Uruguay-Argentina game like you do, so it's worthelss of you to use that as a way to prove your point.
Maybe next time your country should try less to manipulate and heating up the meating with Uruguay-Argentina and concentrate on winning your last game instead.
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
bahawah !!!!!! Go back to the hole you crawled out from !!!!!

Uruguay is the BEST TEAM IN THE aMERICAS...hAPPY ???? no back to the hole and Bye!!!!!!!!:cap:
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Press conference by FIFA President in Berlin

Blatter reiterates wish that the 2014 World Cup be in Brazil

05 / 07 / 2006



On July 4, FIFA president Joseph Blatter reiterated his desire that the 2014 World Cup take place in Brazil, the South American country that has shown a big interest in organizing the event and has the support of CONMEBOL.
The FIFA president explained that Brazilian authorities will now have to respond to a series of conditions to demonstrate that they are capable of housing an event of such proportions as the World Cup.
Another aspect in favor of the Brazilian candidacy is that it has the full backing of the South American Confederation, Blatter indicated in his round with the press in Berlin.

Blatter showed to be very favorable to the idea that the World Cup return to South America, a continent that has won 9 out of the 17 disputed championships. The head of FIFA said he subordinates the decision to the need for Brazil to present a fully guaranteed candidacy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
colocolo said:
bahawah !!!!!! Go back to the hole you crawled out from !!!!!

Uruguay is the BEST TEAM IN THE aMERICAS...hAPPY ???? no back to the hole and Bye!!!!!!!!:cap:
Damn that was lame, but then again, you're Chilean, so that's understandable. I forgive you my son ;)
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Parreira: "whoever assumes has to think South Africa 2010"

05 / 07 / 2006

Brazilian coach, Carlos Alberto Parreira, assured that whoever assumes the position as coach of the five time world champion team, has to begin to think about the Cup of 2010. In a collective interview given in Río de Janeiro a few hours after arriving in Brazil, after the elimination from Germany 2006, Parreira said that his continuity as coach will depend on the meetings that he will have in the next days with leaders of the Brazilian Football Confederation.
"I already made the decision, but I will only inform it when president Ricardo Teixeira returns", the trainer assured when refusing to answer if he will submit his resignation. Nevertheless, he admitted that, "whoever takes command of the ship", has to think about South Africa 2010. According to Parreira, he or any other coach commanding games of the national team, will have to reflect on a renovation of players for the next World Cup. "I believe it is time to begin to plan for the Cup of 2010. That was the coach?s answer when asked about the renovation of the team.

"I still remember that in my first interview when I assumed the national team again, in January of 2003, they already asked me if there would be renovation. The answer is that we arrived in Germany with 50 percent of the team renovated" he said. He also said that he hopes the national team eliminated in Germany 2006 is also remembered as well as those that disputed the Worlds Cup of 1982 and 1986 and which were also eliminated, but that they marked a generation. "I wouldn?t say that I expect that for this national team, but for this generation. It will be remembered as a conquering generation. It completed a victorious cycle. It is evident that the match against France will be marked and a long time will pass before it is forgotten", he assured.

On the elimination of Brazil in quarter finals, Parreira said to be sad and frustrated, but not sorry about anything he did. He added that to lose is also part of the game and that he cannot forget all that has done for a match. He attributed the harsh reactions in Brazil about the elimination to "the culture of victory" and remembered that, in a recent interview, 64 percent of the Brazilians approved of his work as coach. "I never saw a coach lose the World cup and be praised. That will never happen. I am sad and frustrated, but that is part of life for those who are in the fight", he concluded.


Source: EFE
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
2010...Only 4 yrs away...I hope Leoz is off his sweet arse and getting all the Association Presidents to come up with the new FIXTURES, that we want to see sooooo bad !!!! :cap:
 

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I just overheard the announcers..(while watchinn from Arsenals Stadium the Braz-Arg game) the Fixtures for S Africa WILL BE re-drawn in December at the Conmebol Offices .. :cap:
 
21 - 40 of 817 Posts
Top