very best result will be 16 round

50 percentage : 16 round
50 percentage : first round out

this thread will be nostradamus thread within 3 months :strong:

:pp

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
I keep it open but starting this thread after the game Fulham-Juventus just means that you haven't watched the game. :lazy:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Given that the NT is not WC winning quality, you might as well give the players likely to feature in Euro 2012 and WC 2014 some experience. Lippis strategy of relying on the old guard only makes sense if they had a shot at the title.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Please, this NT with or without juve players is not good enough. It lacks so so much it is almost embarrassing to think we won the last one.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please, this NT with or without juve players is not good enough. It lacks so so much it is almost embarrassing to think we won the last one.
i know our squad and talent are so wack...but lippi doesn't pick more better players than his relative juve players

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
overclass, that's some high thought. enlightening really. why don't you post this in every thread in every forum, and open new threads and say the exact thing over and over again. you're so cool for bashing lippi and juve and saying this.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
very best result will be 16 round

50 percentage : 16 round
50 percentage : first round out
It looks that way. Lippi will be continued to be given the benefit of the doubt until he fails, and I'm not talking about the Confed Cup.

After this, new guy will come in, and new ideas will be brought to the table, with new blood.

Seeing on how some of Lippi's favorites have played of late, I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Cossu > Camoranesi

I prefer Candreva (Juve i Know) and Aquilani if fit and in form to Marchisio, especially as the dynamic box to box midfielder.

Obviously everyone would keep Buffon and Chiellini in the team. No one states otherwise. However still using Camoranesi as a player in the Italy squad is a huge mistake. I'd rather just play Di Natale as a wide midfielder.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Cossu > Camoranesi

I prefer Candreva (Juve i Know) and Aquilani if fit and in form to Marchisio, especially as the dynamic box to box midfielder.

Obviously everyone would keep Buffon and Chiellini in the team. No one states otherwise. However still using Camoranesi as a player in the Italy squad is a huge mistake. I'd rather just play Di Natale as a wide midfielder.
cossu > camoranesi is irrelevant, camo is still better than the 3rd choice, and DN can NOT play MR in 4-4-2

aquilani is not better than marchisio either, the former is simply a passenger, always injured. marchisio has shown to play well in any position. He is not lights out amazing but his versatility is. Every team needs a Perrotta and he is ours...

the competition for aquilani is not marchisio but montolivo

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If you saw Aquilani for Liverpool on Monday he was superb. As an attacking midfielder he is excellent, much better than Marchisio who has somehow been rated to the max, when really he is simpla good player. Probably Poli is a better option in the long run. I think Marchisio is good, just not that good, and especially not yet. Not that Aquilani is world class either, but if he is fit, he is certainly a better player than Marchisio. The competition for Aquilani is Marchisio because if we play 3 in midfield, 1 needs to be a box to box mdifielder who can attack, that would be Aquilani. Montolivo is the back-up of Pirlo even if they are different too. How versatile is Marchisio? Well about as versatile as any midfielder, he can play inside left midfield of a 3 or centre midfield. It is hardly versatile.

As for wide midfield. Why is Cossu being better irrelevant? Italy went to 2006 with just 1 wide midfielder, and thats all we need this time, especially if Di Natale goes too.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
If you saw Aquilani for Liverpool on Monday he was superb. As an attacking midfielder he is excellent, much better than Marchisio who has somehow been rated to the max, when really he is simpla good player. Probably Poli is a better option in the long run. I think Marchisio is good, just not that good, and especially not yet. Not that Aquilani is world class either, but if he is fit, he is certainly a better player than Marchisio. The competition for Aquilani is Marchisio because if we play 3 in midfield, 1 needs to be a box to box mdifielder who can attack, that would be Aquilani. Montolivo is the back-up of Pirlo even if they are different too. How versatile is Marchisio? Well about as versatile as any midfielder, he can play inside left midfield of a 3 or centre midfield. It is hardly versatile.

As for wide midfield. Why is Cossu being better irrelevant? Italy went to 2006 with just 1 wide midfielder, and thats all we need this time, especially if Di Natale goes too.

sorry man, I don't buy anything you said there

aquilani is a fairy on the field, he just floats around, it is okay in attacking role but not all

marchisio versatile like any other midfielder? lol. which other right footed central midfielder plays on the left wing? let alone on the right?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
aquilani was always and will always be better then ''1 flash in the pan moment every 5 games and aside from that might as well not be on the pitch''marchisio

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Bold, very bold prediction this is not.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
aquilani was always and will always be better then ''1 flash in the pan moment every 5 games and aside from that might as well not be on the pitch''marchisio
Correct.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts