Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
News today that Spalletti wants Quag from Udinese badly and that's he is a top priority for the summer.The same article claims that the negotiations have started and the deal might be not far.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huntelaar not happy at all in Madrid. Prade is watching the situation closely. Let's hop for another Baptista, Cicinho situation.

..as I said before, Madrid buying him might be the best thing for Roma on the long run. ;)

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agent: Roma Could Have Inside Track On Fabio Quagliarella
The agent of Fabio Quagliarella has listed Rome as a possible destination for his client, but insists no deal is certain yet...

Agent: Roma Could Have Inside Track On Fabio Quagliarella
galleria zoom

Giuseppe Bozzo, the agent of Fabio Quagliarella, Marco Motta and Simone Perrotta spoke to LaRoma24.it about his clients' situations on Tuesday.

Udinese striker Quagliarella is enjoying another successful season, having scored eight goals in league play and recently been called-up for the international friendly with Brazil.

"It's obvious the player is hungry to join a bigger club,” revealed Bozzo, after denying he has had contact with Roma regarding the 26-year-old. “Fabio is a player of great quality and many clubs want him. However, it's too early to speak about any deals after the winter transfer window just closed."

However, he did hint that Roma may have the best chance of landing the former Sampdoria player, due to the two clubs already making a deal for defender Marco Motta.

"Let's say they've already managed to sit at the same table and made an agreement, it's certainly a positive sign and can facilitate future transaction” he stated. “However, I wouldn't say Quagliarella is going to Rome yet."

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Huntelaar not happy at all in Madrid. Prade is watching the situation closely. Let's hop for another Baptista, Cicinho situation.

..as I said before, Madrid buying him might be the best thing for Roma on the long run. ;)
Still a long shot, but the first thing that poped out in my mind, when I read the news today, was this what you said:pp

But still, Quag's has to be the top priority:thumbsup:

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
please sell the glass man.
he's a good player no doubt but will never be world class, the guy is 24 and he's shown nothing when compared to De Rossi, who's only a year older, and is constantly sidelined by injury, not to mention that we have no idea where to play him. I'd love for us to sell him and get Giovinco and Rosina.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Do you guys think Rosi will be back next season? He has being doing good for Livorno, a regular starter at RB for the first place team :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
52,985 Posts
Why is it a mystery? What has he ever shown? Hasnt been really remotely notable in past seasons, on loans and such.

And the Azzurrini have had better fullbacks (your Motta for one).

·
Administrator
52,985 Posts
Ever asked yourself why? Very much for youngsters getting a chance, but when Rosi was with you, or whenever I seen him, beside pace, he really came off as a limited lower level player, nothing more. So not too suprised he isnt with you until he shows more.

Cerci is more worthy to be noted, because he is a decent talent, nothing special, but decent enough to be a squad player for you, considering you lack wingers.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Rosi is a good player who is very versatile. It would be good to have him back as a squad player.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
As for Quagliarella... I am unsure if he is really good enough at the top level... depending on the cost of the transfer it is worth a risk. He is a different kind of striker to what we have (well actually he is Montella-like, but maybe not as good as Monty was back in the day) so we will see what happens. I wouldnt spend more than 10m euros on him though and I assume Udinese will seek more.

·
Registered
917 Posts
As for Quagliarella... I am unsure if he is really good enough at the top level... depending on the cost of the transfer it is worth a risk. He is a different kind of striker to what we have (well actually he is Montella-like, but maybe not as good as Monty was back in the day) so we will see what happens. I wouldnt spend more than 10m euros on him though and I assume Udinese will seek more.
I always thought Montella was more Inzaghi like, whereas, Quagliarella is much more of a second striker. If you can get him for 10 million that wouldn't be a bad buy.

Since you bought Motta, upon my recomendation :D you should reconsider buying Pisano of Cagliari. He's in a similar situation as Motta, a good up and coming player, who has great pace and, from what I remember is solid defensively. These are the players that Roma need to buy, Riise for all his vaunted experience is 5 million down the hole. Or, perhaps Rosi or Atunes will come back and do a good job. Obviously though getting a solid back-up central defender is the priority, perhaps that is Andreolli, though considering his speed, I think it needs to be someone else. Thoughts? Cheap, good, possibly under rated central defender? Take Accardi away from Sampdoria?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Canini of Cagliari would be better, but I prefer to take a chance on Andreolli.

Can Pisano of Cagliari play left-back? If he can, I would swpa him for Riise immediately.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yes Pisano can play either side of full-back and I agree is rather impressive. Despite Grosso being 31 this summer, I would still like to see us have a look at signing him for 2 or 3 years if indeed Riise does eventually leave. Maybe if Tonetto also goes we can get both Pisano and Grosso.

1 - 20 of 883 Posts