Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1372 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the Coppa Italia Final to be played on Saturday, the season is over. Now the crazy rumors and negotiations begin. As expected, Juventus has signed Amauri today for cash, Nocerino, and Lanzafame. IMO, Juve is now on par with us and their mercato isn't close to over.

Roma have said that the contract extentions of De Rossi and Aquilani, as well as purchasing 100% ownership of Vucinic from Lecce will be the first orders of business.

It was all but confirmed that our budget is about 20 million Euro. Could be a very long summer at Trigoria.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
It´s important to say that the Budget is about 20 million euro minus 50% Vucinic that cost about 12 million plus what we can get from Mancini (a mystery to me since numbers from 4-15 have been made by media.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, basically selling Mancini will only be able to get us full ownership of Vucinic at this point.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I still believe in something coming up about us being sold. In that case things will obviously change.
For the moment though things do look a little grimish...
Looking at Inter, Milan and Juve, it is obvious we must do something, how about selling the club and sign some big talents? :pp :smileani:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per RAI International calcio programs all day and night yesterday, it appears Roma being sold was just alot of bull created by the media to sell newspapers. The interest by Soros isn't as serious as some reported.

I don't know what to believe on that.

IMO, Inter will go full blast for the CL next season while Juve and Milan battle it out for the title. Both teams will bring in 3 serious players next season and Milan have no CL and will focus 100% on Serie A, something they haven't done in years.

We should be content to be 4th next season.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
We should be content to be 4th next season.

all of u guys keep saying this same sentence before every season yet roma prove you wrong....we need to strengthen our bench a little bit, sell mancini and get a decent replacement and we'll play to win the scuddetto not 4th place

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I could see Inter getting Mancini cheap because he wants to go there. We won't have much left after resigning the players mentioned. It's worrisome because it seems that the Milans, Juve and even Fiorentina will sign promising players before us. :scared:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
it seems that the Milans, Juve and even Fiorentina will sign promising players before us>>>

They already have: Fiorentina: Jovetevic, Milan: Flamini, Juve: Amauri

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all of u guys keep saying this same sentence before every season yet roma prove you wrong....we need to strengthen our bench a little bit, sell mancini and get a decent replacement and we'll play to win the scuddetto not 4th place
Just strenghten the bench? We need a big time striker to join Totti and Vucinic...another striker just for the bench....a class winger to replace Mancini and it seems another winger for the bench as Giuly wants to leave...a good CB for the bench....and a good LB unless they have faith in Antunes for next season.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Certain contracts like De Rossi and Aquilani are the first thing Romashould worry about. Second of all, we should manage to sell Mancini and others for as much as possible, buy Vucinic, and buy one true DMF so that Pizarro can play in the 3 up front, and buy another striker. Vucinic can also play on the left so he replaces Mancini while Giuly should be given more time. Personally, I would buy someone instead of Tonetto. Guy is done for, Panucci sucks and we need someone whocan play both SB. I think Cicinho should be played more up front, he clearly as no defensive skills.

And I have to add... AS Roma is not treating us fans with any respect. We have no news on the Soros deal, we have no idea who we are buying, not even position wise... I mean what kind of clowns do we have for admins? I am bedazzled.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
do you think it's savvy to spread around who your targets are if you were a club admin working on a very limited budget? not that Roma necessary have any plans yet. and last I checked there was an announcement about being approached to sell by the majority holding company, what else do you want? a broadcast from the negotiations room?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
OK well if I had to say how I wish our mercato turned out it would be like this:

In:

Mario Cassano (as reserve GK)
Michele Canini
Antonio Di Natale
Vincenzo Iaquinta
Mirko Vucinic (100% ownership)

Out:

Gianluca Curci (loan)
Carlo Zotti
Amantino Mancini (Iaquinta-Swap or 12-15 mln euros)
Mauro Esposito
Matteo Ferrari
Alessio Cerci (loan)

-------------------------------------------------------

Squad:

Doni, Cassano, Julio Sergio

Tonetto, Antunes, Cicinho, Cassetti

Mexes, Juan, Panucci, Canini

De Rossi, Aquilani, Pizarro, Perrotta, Brighi, Palermo

Totti, Vucinic, Iaquinta, Di Natale, Taddei, Giuly

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I am unsure if we will go for an LB after all... especially if Antunes is signed, I am sure we will keep Tonetto... I wouldnt mind Antunes gradually becoming our starting LB next season. He is good enough to do so.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Vargas moonlights rather well as a winger too - I think flexibility is the key to our current system of play, as Tonetto and Cicinho testify. With the emphasis we place on our wingers, we need adequate cover in these areas to ensure a long campaign across all fronts is efficient.

Anyone know if Andreolli is coming back, or if it was a 1yr option before the envelopes? I want to see more of Rosi too, I like the kid :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Rosi will probably be loaned again.... Andreolli is simply not good enough for Roma at this moment.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
you're list is very good considering our budget and needs, Deano, I'm not so sure we need to waste money on a reserve keeper though.

maybe we loan out iTunes for some playtime and growth space, get a quality LB and keep Tonetto as back up. however the question isn't if we could fit a LB in, it's if we can afford one. Vargas's price tag render him impossible for us, a pity we didn't get him last summer or in the winter break, Mathieu might be possible but I haven't seen him at all to rate him.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
is Ujfalusi viable in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
For athletico or sevilla, yes, he will like spain.

1 - 20 of 1372 Posts