Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the European league season of 2008 is coming to a close, which players are saying farewell?

There is quite a few players who may be playing their last season ; Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo, Manuel Rui Costa.

Any others?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, dida

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho aren't retiring. If Mourinho arrives, Luis Figo probably won't retire either, knowing that Moratti like to have him in the squad (and thus feed his paycheck.)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
michel Salgado need to retire unless AC Milan makes a big move for the player

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
michel Salgado need to retire unless AC Milan makes a big move for the player
Even if we sign old players, we at least sign former world beaters and what not.

Salgado has just been crap all this while :(

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Ibrahim Ba?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho aren't retiring. If Mourinho arrives, Luis Figo probably won't retire either, knowing that Moratti like to have him in the squad (and thus feed his paycheck.)
Ronaldinho retired 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Jens Lehmann. :(
hasn`t been linked with Dortmund ?

i think he can play at least more than 3 to 4 seasons at high level since he`s a GK not a striker or defender . i heard that he wants to play for Germany in the next WC , South Africa 2010 . ;)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think it's quite likely Tugay could.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oliver Kahn.
I can't believe I forgot Kahn. An all time great. However, do any Bayern Munich fans think he will stay another year? I know it'll be harsh on their backup keeper, but does Klinsmann taking over next year improve Kahn's chances of staying another year or completely ruin it?

Larsson, maybe. That will be a punch to the gut, he is my favourite player. Ever.
Awesome player. I like him a lot, very humble as well. Returning after that terrible injury at Celtic shows his courage. This is a big year for retirees.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts