Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we needed a thread on this subject since we're considering bidding for this with Greece.

Personally I have no problem with the idea that we might co-host this thing with our neighbors, but I am afraid its going to become another pawn to push around between both countries politicians. There are so many conflict points that could arise and more than likely run this thing to the ground. How can two countries that are at each others throats every chance they get co-host such an event! Any thoughts??

P.S.: from what I hear the Greeks will host the final match while we host the opening match and ceremonies. Which is great cause we'll be in the fianls anyway, an all Turkey European Cup! :D

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
I think we really stuffed up on this one...
As I know it, Greece has the rights to host the final, and they also have the naming rights (their name will be mentioned first) :mad:

South Korea and Japan made an agreement that Japan would host the final, while Korea would hold the naming rights..

But all and all, I think its a great show of friendship to host it together, even if we aren't the best of friends :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
We will certainly have a shot at the finals, which will make for an interesting situation in Greece:D

I think that this is a great plan no matter what. We will be able to generate a fair amount of revenues, and if there are no incidents in the Tournament, then there should be more tourism for Turkey as well.

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
Turkey is already one of the hottest tourist destinations...I'd know, being so far away from home :eek:

Hopefully we can have a friendly match with Greece in the very near future...That way, the 2 federations could tell the fans to be very kind, put up some encouraging banners etc, and the players could do something similar to what we did with Korea after the match.
Then UEFA would definitely accept our bid :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
But Tolga, a god thing can get better right?;)

Interesting idea, about the match between Greece and Turkey, but I don't know if it would ever work out that way:D:D

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
Deniz said:
But Tolga, a god thing can get better right?;)

Interesting idea, about the match between Greece and Turkey, but I don't know if it would ever work out that way:D:D
Of course, of course ;)

If the match is planned, and the 2 teams are sent out to put on a show, rather than to win the game, then it would work out well ;)

And just as a precautionary measure, I think Emre, Alpay, Ilhan and Hakan Unsal should be left out of the game...They're likely to start a fight over a hard but fair tackle :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts