Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The program of the first part of our Summer camp was published on our official website.

13 July 2008 19:00 (CET)
GALATASARAY - VFB HOMBERG
PCC STADION (DUISBURG)

16 July 2008 19:00 (CET)
GALATASARAY - PADERBORN
PARAGON ARENA (PADERBORN)

19 July 2008 17:30 CET
GALATASARAY - LOKOMOTIV SOFIA
OER ERKENSCHWIK (BOCHUM)

23 July 2008 19:00 CET
GALATASARAY - GENT
MONCHENGLADBACH WEGBERG STADIUM (WEGBERG)

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I don't know why we keep playing these no-name teams. I want to play vs. Bayern Munchen or Schalke at least if we are staying in Germany. What do we get from playing these teams anyway?

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
How about match-fitness?

It doesn't make much sense to play big teams in pre-season, apart from marketing-value.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Well, it is better to play vs. PAF team or at least to play 1-2 matches against weak teams. But if you have 4 friendlies and all of them are vs. weak teams, I just don't get it.

Trabzon is playing vs. Werder for example. At the end, you can get match-fitness vs. big teams as well.

And, we are most def a team who will change formation this season, and sooner we start, the better. Now, can Paderborn be a measure? You can beat them playing with 6 retarded pedophiles.

I wish we join that America Tour like we did at 2003. Or at least Amsterdam Tournament. But, our fixture is killing us I guess.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
That tour was awesome :) The fans, the chants, it was such a fun match :D

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
D-Smart. Fukking D-Smart. Or you can always watch the replay on GSTV like everybody does. :D

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Don't know the source on this but it looks like Skibbe wants Semih Erdem, Murat Akca, Irfan Basaran and Erhan Senturk to tag along with the team when they head out the Germany.

Irfan is probably the only youngster with decent creative ability. Semih Erdem is one of the tallest wingers you'll ever see. Manages to score from free-kicks as well. Erhan Senturk is small but has decent ball-control and finishing skill. Clueless about Murat Akca. I'm guessing he's a midfielder. Was in the match-squad of the U18 team in a recent match against Russia which we won 1-0.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
For a second I thought you said Semih Erden and I went "Waa?" :D

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
The site's started posting training pics with the start of the camp in Germany.

Here's a few:

The blonde bloke behind Aykut and Umit is Semih Kaya. Glad to see him with the rest of the squad after that injury of his. The fella between Umit Karan and Skibbe is Yaser, one of the most introverted players I've seen (that's the impression you'll get when you watch his latest interview with GS-TV, poor reporter had the worst time ever trying to make him speak).

Linderoth sure is digging Volkan. Ferdi's gonna rob him off his socks though. That's what the streets of Amsterdam will do to you :eyepatch:

:)

Umit Davala is following a Pro License course. He's temporary replaced by Ertuğrul Güleryüz who works for the German football association where he's responsible for youth development.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
we'll play 1860 on august 3rd in the allianz arena. i'll try to take some nice pictures of arda, lincoln and kewell. :D

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
ALmost finished, Umit Karan scored the first goal. Lincoln missed a penalty(no save, missed the whole net) Lincoln got subbed out at the half. Erhan Şentürk scored the second to make it 2-0 Galatasaray are in full control of the game. Game's over 2-0 for Galatasaray over Homberg.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I just watched the highlights and looks like Yaser Yildiz played pretty well? This surely was just fitness, dude played Baris on center back position..

1 - 20 of 116 Posts