Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1042 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new season will be upon us in just 2 months...as you all know, we are reducing the league from 16 teams to 14. ToniSamp and Parma Malta have decided not to participate...Marco went missing yet again...and we all know about the AI Melo fiasco.

As it stands, this is how the league looks:

1. Romanista10
2. saviola
3. Anomander Rake
4. Andrey
5. Deano
6. CinqueDiMaggio
7. Pavel
8. Amiumtaur
9. ilgenio
10. ac milan foreva
11. naervod
12. Pietro
13. Osman
14. ???????

I will offer the final spot to Thotobald and he was a valued member of the league before he went off to military duty. If he refuses, Capitan Totti would have taken his spot, but he is still on temporary ban. We shall see how this develops.

I ask that everyone submit their 4 retained players by July 20th. Then the first list will be submitted to me by July 31st.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
An honour to be invited, Tony!

It brings back memories of the time when I had capacity, will and interest to follow Italian football with full strength. I'm back to that point in life, so I'm glad to accept the invite to this splendid competition! :)

Best regards

the discharged corporal ;)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back Thotobald!!!!

OK, it is now official...here is our XT Serie A League for the 2008/09 season!

1. Romanista10
2. saviola
3. Anomander Rake
4. Andrey
5. Deano
6. CinqueDiMaggio
7. Pavel
8. Amiumtaur
9. ilgenio
10. ac milan foreva
11. naervod
12. Pietro
13. Osman
14. Thotobald

*As always, should ToniSamp reconsider, he will be back in the league and we would then add a 16th player....but this would only happen if Toni wants to return.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I can confirm my participation. I will be away from July 7-16, but after that I should be available throughout.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm my participation. I will be away from July 7-16, but after that I should be available throughout.
Thank you...just confirm your 4 retained players (restricted by position) before you go away.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I'm away until July 23 and don't have a whole lot of time now. When should I have my players posted by?

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
I will be away also some time in July. I may submit my 4 player lists early, but I can change my list any time before the deadline right?? If one of my player leaves serie a or makes a stupid transfer. I am also waiting on VDV, but I very much doubt he will join serie a now :(

As for my role in helping run the XT league I am still up for it, but however you may have to be more patient with me as I will start uni and will work at the same time so sometimes I may need a few days to do my duty, but I should defenetly be up for it at least for next season.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm away until July 23 and don't have a whole lot of time now. When should I have my players posted by?
Post your 4 retained players before you leave for vacation. We need to have all retained players known by July 20th so we can provide our lists by July 30th.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be away also some time in July. I may submit my 4 player lists early, but I can change my list any time before the deadline right?? If one of my player leaves serie a or makes a stupid transfer. I am also waiting on VDV, but I very much doubt he will join serie a now :( .
You can change your list anytime until July 20th. After that, you cannot change as it would affect everyone organizing their 1st list of bids.

As for my role in helping run the XT league I am still up for it, but however you may have to be more patient with me as I will start uni and will work at the same time so sometimes I may need a few days to do my duty, but I should defenetly be up for it at least for next season.
Thats fine, we'll work it out. As always, your assistance in calculating the scores is greatly appreciated and crucial to the league!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Post your 4 retained players before you leave for vacation. We need to have all retained players known by July 20th so we can provide our lists by July 30th.
I'm away now (I posted that as well as this post from a London internet cafe). I'll think about it but I'll definitely have it before the 20th.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I will be away since 1st to 11th august.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be away since 1st to 11th august.
I don't know what to say Pavel. You need to have your 4 retained players list submitted by July 20th and your first bidding list in by July 30th as we can't wait until after August 11th. That would give us 20 days to sort out 3-4 lists of biddings.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Sorry to bother you, but how does this 4 retained players thing work?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
One just picks four players from his past season team and keeps them into the new season.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
And if one doesnt have a past team, one wont need to supply this list?

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Yes, which means youll have more credits than the rest, but less players to choose from.
For instance im 99% keeping Mutu, Gilardino and Doni, so they are off the market, but ill start with 100 (out of 600 i guess) or so credits less.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I'm only certain on Amauri and Taddei atm. I am also probably going to retain Gamberini. Gattuso could be thrown to the pile, and it looks unlikely that Diego will sign for a Serie A club.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We will have no more than 3 rounds of silent auction. Those who haven't completed their rosters by then will have to go to open bidding.

Its 99.9% that I will keep Totti, Kaka', Cambiasso, and Maggio.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I don't know what to say Pavel. You need to have your 4 retained players list submitted by July 20th and your first bidding list in by July 30th as we can't wait until after August 11th. That would give us 20 days to sort out 3-4 lists of biddings.
No problem, surely I don't want to cause any delay or troubles, it's fine for me the way you said :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 1042 Posts