Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it's official. we signed fernando meira :)

Date of birth: 05.06.1978
Height: 1,90
Nation: Portugal
Foot: right

Former Clubs: FC Felgueiras, Vitória Guimarães SC, Benfica Lissabon, Vfb Stuttgart
International Caps: 52

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Good. Very good. Now we need Right Back - Forward and possibly Goalkeeper. But our team is starting to get very serious looking. We let 32 year old Song go and bought 30 year old who has more quality. The price seems funny, only 1.5 Million Euro to the player and 2.5 Million Euro to Stuttgart.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Welcome to the number one club of Turkey Meira, makes us proud. :)

Linderoth,Lincoln,Nonda,Meira & Kewell

Our foreigners are class. Their also all captains of their NT except for Lincoln who isnt an international.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as far as i remember i said that he's a number one asshole and that a person with his character shouldnt be baskan. and i still think that way. btw, its strange that you adress every second post of yours to me.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Its because you critisize everything that turns out to be good. :D

Id rather have a baskan like Polat who can be an asshole but knows what he's doing instead of Canaydin who's worlds nicest man but an complete disaster when it comes to leading a club.

Besides, Aziz is twice the asshole Polat ever will be, and I dont even want to start about Demiroren ; Polat is the man.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Our transfers so far this year are looking sensible, I'm really pleased with this signing, he's been one of the best center backs in Bundesliga. However, returning to the point, we've been fantastic with transfers, I mean...

Yaser Yildiz - Turkish kid, looks talented, if he doesn't work out, I'm sure there will be many suitors.

Ferdi Elmas - Another Turkish kid, also young like Yaser and looks really talented.

Harry Kewell - This is the biggest gamble of the lot, with his injury record at Liverpool, it'll be a test to see if he'll turn out a smart transfer. 50/50 on this one.

Fernando Meira - From what I've seen of the guy, he can defend and he'll be that touch or two better than Rigobert Song.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Ok man, but deep inside I know that there will come a day that you will call servet a good defender and Polat a good president. :D

Im really happy with Meira but it would suck if this means that Emre G will be benched after having such a great season..

I think our best/most suprising transfer will be Yaser Yildiz. Iicimde bir his var, yaser patlama yapacak bizde ayni Topal gibi, oda 2ci ligden gelmisti ve millet az egelenmemisti onunla. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
We let 32 year old Song go and bought 30 year old who has more quality. The price seems funny, only 1.5 Million Euro to the player and 2.5 Million Euro to Stuttgart.
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=148125&bolum=5

they say 1.2 million per year :eek:

Polat recalled that Galatasaray Cameroonian player Rigobert Song had left the team. “He used to cost us 1.8 million euros annually. Now we have transferred a player who is as good as Song but costs much less to the club. This transfer is beneficial for the team in this respect, also.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
With all due respect, Meira is much better than Rigobert Song.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I'm making that judgment based on what I've seen from both players in their careers. Just like I know Christiano Ronaldo is better player than, let's say Kazim Kazim.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.