July 30 - VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal
August 6 - Huddersfield v Arsenal

Emirates Cup
August 2 - Arsenal v Juventus
August 3 - Arsenal v Real Madrid

Amsterdam Tournament
August 8 - Ajax v Arsenal
August 9 - Arsenal v Sevilla

Should be nice and ready when the season starts. Stuttgart, Juventus, Real Madrid, Ajax and Sevilla is a good work-out.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Players return to training - picture special!

Aaron Ramsey:

Some of the young Gunners:

Tony Colbert and Wenger:

Diaby and Sagna stretching:

Almunia and Mannone:

Bacary Sagna:

The new No 14 works with Clichy:

Ramsey works out:

Theo and Clichy:

Gunners' new No 1:

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
Ramsey has a good physique for a central midfielder, he has that stocky short look that makes him similar to Fabregas - hard to push off the ball or offbalance him due to his low centre of gravity. Could be a really versatile player, I've heard him banded about as a winger, defensive mid, creative mid. Makes me think he resembles the style of Steven Gerrard.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Walcott and Clichy look even blacker now lol

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I am also thinking that the boss has big plans for Diaby, maybe this year's Flamini?
That's the word which is going around. Seems like Diaby will finally be allowed to play in the center with Cesc.

I remember we pulled off having Diaby and Denilson (prototype version of Cesc) at an away game against Bolton and we were devastating if anyone remembers.

Hopefully Diaby is put in with some similar tactic in mind.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I dunno if Denilson really has the size/power to be a DM for us seeing as Cesc is already fairly small himself.

Diaby has a lot of good DM attributes. He's comfortable on the ball (sometimes too comfortable), he's fast, he has power, he's not afraid to contribute to attacks, and he has a rocket shot.

I think what AW was thinking about was the concept of Vieira and Cesc both being together when Vieira was still in his prime. So, I believe he is trying to make Diaby into the new Vieira.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
He is in for a shock if he thinks like you because Denilson has got his own plans for the same position. Should really be interesting though.
yeh denilson is more of a CMF than a DMF, but since cesc is so gun, he'll have to settle for 2nd best no questions asked. Diaby will be this years flamini, providing he doesnt get injured like he usually does. AFAIK, he's just recovered from a long 6 week injury ?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ramsey and Vela included in squad to face Barnet

Arsène Wenger has named a 24-man squad for Saturday's opening pre-season fixture against Barnet.

The Arsenal manager will have a mixture of first-teamers and youth players at his disposal for the game at Underhill.

Manuel Almunia, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott are included while new signing Aaron Ramsey could make his debut. Carlos Vela is also in the squad after returning from his season-long loan spell with Osasuna in Spain.

Arsenal will wear their new home kit for the first time this Saturday but first-team squad numbers will not be used. Instead, the starting line-up will wear No 1 to No 11 while the substitutes will wear shirt No 12 to No 24.

If you don't have a ticket for Saturday's game, watch all the action LIVE on the Arsenal TV channel - on TV or online. Click here for full details.

Arsenal squad:

Manuel ALMUNIA (GK)
Nacer BARAZITE
Nicklas BENDTNER
Gael CLICHY
DENILSON
James DUNNE
Rui FONTE
Gavin HOYTE
Justin HOYTE
Henri LANSBURY
Vito MANNONE (GK)