• #36 Edu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some newcomers, some brilliant performances, some inconsistencies. Who is your most outstanding player for Fenerbahce this season?

This is not most valuable player, its the player who played the best and contributed the most...

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I was split between Gokhan and Lugano but I went with Lugano. He is just a beast in defense and I think he plays a key part in this team. We saw what he can do when he kept Drogba pretty quiet and hopefully we will see more great performances from him.

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
Deivid is the clear winner for me.

Alex was the brain and inspiration behind everything, as usual. He stepped it up a level this season and took most big occasions into his own hands. But he looked fatigued towards the end of the season and stepped off the peddle a little. There were matches where I'd have done anything to swap Alex for Tuncay.

Diego Lugano was brilliant in defence, but his lapses in concentration were costly, for example, he got sent off twice against Galatasaray this season. His passion can and this season did go overboard on a few occasions. Not to mention I'd have liked it if he chipped in with a few goals from set pieces, he only got 1 this season.

Aurélio I'm mentioning because he's always in the running, but this season for me he wasn't. Full stop.

Gökhan Gönül could've snatched it for me, but for a few small reasons he didn't. While he showed his ability to lift his whole team against Galatasaray in the Cup, he didn't do that often enough. Sometimes matches were calling for one player to step up and lift his teammates, but he didn't take it. An example is when he played with the reserves in league/cup matches, he didn't lift those around him as much as he dropped down to their level.

Semih was consistant and done the job, it wasn't a performance that deserves too much recognition because in reality he done what a forward at this club should be expected to do.

So that leaves Deivid, a man who showed himself in every single big match this season. If he wasn't scoring the match winning goal, he was the one player we could always rely on to try and make things happen. When Alex, Semih, Kezman and the rest of them disappeared without a trace, Deivid was dropping back into midfield to win the ball and then trying to force killer passes. He was always trying to make things happen, and he made it happen on most occasions.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I voted Gokhan Gonul, he exceeded all expectations and was the most consistent player for you guys this year. I remember him kicking our ass all the way from the second division. Liked him back then even more now.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
for me it was between Lugano, Gokhan, Alex and Deivid.

To be honest, Semih did what I expected him to do. For years he has come on as a sub and scored crucial goals for us. All we did was play him more this year and we saw the immediate benefit (Gol Kral). However, I still found that he lacked consistancy when he was started in matches. Perhaps that's just me.

Lugano was a monster as always. I love his passion, and I love his no nonsense style of play even more. However, he really really needs to stop getting USELESS cards. I don't really care if the guy gets yellows for hard tackles or even reds... but please for the love of God refrain from making hand gestures at referees and linesman (glasses at the cup game), and what not. We really could've used the guy in the games he was suspended. We need to do whatever we can to hold on to him. It does sound like he wants to stay though. Hopefully his injury is nothing serious and we sent him to someone outside of Turkey to get re-diagnosed and treated :rollani:

Gokhan Gonul is a freaking Gem for us. What a find! I don't think anyone ever expected that guy to be as good as he performed this season. Gokhan was definitely my close pick to be the player of the year. The most underrated attribute for a wing back is throw ins, it's such a useful component, throws deep in the opposition halves become something of a corner-kick opportunity. That guy, I mean he's as big as me, but he can throw the ball as far as Carlos (maybe even farther :eek: ), which helps too because a lot of teams that don't know him will be vulnerable to that. His defensive game needs to improve a little. He's made some fine tackles, but there are a lot of times I feel like he can be vulnerable to faster, more talented wingers. Regardless, he still did a great job in the Champions League against big teams. If this guy is to be the 'Turkish Cafu', a little hard work on improving his strength and defensive capability, and he'll truly be a dynasty player for us for years to come.

Alex. There is nothing more to be said of him. He is going to be the assist king in the Champions League no question. He has (sometimes) stepped up when we needed him. He did it more this year than any other year I think. He constantly has come back and started the play deep from our half and really helped push some momentum into our attack, I thought that was well done this year. He has become much more vocal since he's been given the Captains armband which is great to see. I love passion from players, we need more passionate players on this team that give a shit. Alex does lack this from time to time and that's something he needs to improve. He did a fine job of motivating everyone, until after the 2nd leg of the Chelsea game. After that it seemed to fall apart for most of our big players. It's times like those that we NEED Alex to smack everyones face to wake them the hell up. The guy is more than capable of singlehandedly ripping apart every team in the Turkish league, he needs to do it more. Still, overall he was great this year.

Deivid. I bashed this guy, whenever I heard his name, I was purely a hater and my attitude toward him was absolutely disgusting. I was hoping so much that he would prove me wrong, and kept posting that I would love that he embarrassed my view on him....

and he did :D. Some of the most spectacular goals i've ever seen under a Fenerbahce kit. He was absolutely fantastic this year, and linked up with Alex so well. They were literally a duo in the Champions League, both everywhere in the midfield adapting a free role and playing the ball amongst themselves bringing the play up. I loved it. He works hard, does smart plays and has some great skill. Patience is truly a virtue.

Deivid is my pick because he embarrassed me, otherwise it would've been Gokhan.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deivid for me too. He was the engine when Alex wasn't there, the scoring threat when Kezman was useless and Semih was still stitting on the bench. He had many occasions of stepping up in big matches, but it all comes down to 4 moments for me:
1. Fenerbahce host's Inter Milan: and Deivid takes it one step further to finish where the rest of the squad were only starting (credit to Inter's GK for great play too...) to score a legendary goal
2. Sevilla host Fenerbahce: Deivid drags the team back to life to score 2 HUGE goals to put the match into penalties and the legendary outcome
3. Fenerbahce host Chelsea: Deivid scores an unlucky own goal, but comes back with a cracking 35 yard bullet into history to win the match for Fenerbahce in the 81st minute
4. Fenerbahce host Galatasaray: Deivid scores a huge goal to put Fenerbahce up 2-0. The goal wasn't a great amount of skill, but it created the legendary Yengec Dansi!!! :party:

I used legendary in each of those because Deivid's season was legendary and will go down in history at Fenerbahce... :proud:

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I was going to vote for Alex but I feel Deivid has done more to deserve it this year. He was absolutely outstanding in Europe, and his important goals were the main reason why we went to the Quarter finals. Thanks Deivid!

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts

:proud:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts