Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as an englishman i would like to just make a few points about our 2006 world cup bid. the gentlemans agreement for england to stand aside and support germany for 2006 in return for german support at euro 96 was made by 1 man [and a very old one at that!} who had no authority to do so. this ruined our campaign from the start and turned the rest of europe against us.
we believed in england that 2006 was the perfect time for the world cup to come back home. along with yourselves we believed we had excellent stadiums and facilities and we would be able to offer a superb world cup . however these things so often come down to politics and we were always going to be loosers on that score.
however im very pleased that germany have triumphed above south africa . i know it will be a good world cup , well organised and it will give a european side a lot better chance of winning it being in this continent.
we believed that as we had it in 66 and you in 74 it was our turn again. but it was not to be. but i offer congratulations and look forward to a good world cup in your country!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The hooligans decided to cause trouble at Euro 2000 again, they obviously didn't want the World Cup to held in Engladn bad enough :)

Let's hope Germany can get back to that strong pedigree they are re-knowned for by 2006. They have 6 years to make a weak team into a great team, because the whole country will be expecting from the 'mannschaft'. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts