1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres My top 3 players so far this season but it may change

1 Ahmed Tijani - Shahdag
2 Pathe Banguara -Genclerbirliyi
3 Vadim Boret - Neftchi ( He doesnt score that much but he plays big part in all Neftchi wins)

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Do you mean foreign players or domestic or both?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quidam u can also post best 3 Azeri players thats a good idea
uhmmm heres my best 3 this year

1 Ferhad Veliyev - Inter Baku( Inters keeper definitly best keeper in da league)
2 Nadir Nabiyev - Neftchi Baku (Hes on fire so far in Az league)
3 Ismail Mamedov - Karvan Evlah (good miedfilder good from free kicks he needs to play in nt)

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
My top 3 domestic players:

1. Nadir Nabiyev (Neftchi) - very good season for him, and hopefully he will be more useful for our NT as well
2. Mahir Shukurov (Karvan) - one of the key players in Karvan's defense and I think its Yevlah's defense that keeps them at the top.
3. Bahtiyar Sultanov (Baku), Nazim Hajiyev (Olimpik) - Even though they rarely get a chance to play in domestic championship games I think these 2 youngsters are very talented and given proper care they have a potential to be a top-class players. Plus Bahtiyar played really well for our U-17 team and it was really bad luck that we didn't make it to the next round last year.

Top 3 Foreingers

1. Leandro Gomes (Baku) - one of the most stable players in our championship. He not only scores but also assists.
2. Vladimir Makovsky (Inter) - probably the best playmaker in our league with very good vision and technique.
3. Branimir Subashich (Neftchi) - he didn't impress me in the first hald, but in the second half he's on fire! Plus he scored 4 goals in CIS Cup.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
QATIH said:
no money abroad
?????

Theres no money abroad in wealthier leagues?

Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Hell don't forget if u get someone really good...Serie A EPL etc..

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
RedandBlack

Yes, you are right. The problem is that our football has been so long ravaged by unprofessionalism of our football officials and football federation that in football sense Azerbaijan at some point has become a third world country. We had so many talented players that just couldn't make it through because of the crooks sitting in our federation. For example, two of the best players of Azerbaijan in 90s were strikers Nazim Suleymanov and Veli Kassumov. Both of them were so good that many western clubs like Bayern Munich, Blackburn, Arsenal, Torino, etc. had inquired numerous times about acquiring these two. And what did our Federation do? First they asked ridiculously high prices for them and then they asked for a bribe! They said "well, you can buy them for a, say, million dollars, but we need a half a million too!" So, no surprise that soon all respected western football clubs were just avoiding our players for not to deal with the antics of our federation. And then on the top of that we got 2-year suspension again thanks to our former football president, and all this severely damaged the reputation of Azerbaijani football and its players.

Now, few years later, thanks God everything seems to change and there is lots of progress and improvement going on right now. We finally got rid of some crooks (there are still few left though), and hopefully soon our youngsters will again get into vision field of western scouts.

But what Qatih said is also true to some extent. Our footballers are making so much money right now that some of them are losing their motivation. They probably think that "why would I work my ass off, improve myself and move to the better championship if I can get a huge chunk of money here". This is the kind of mentality that has to be fought against. On the other hand, I'm glad that young generations of our players don't think this way and hopefully there is a chance to see our players in EPL, Serie A, Primera and other great leagues soon :)

P.S. If you are interested, later on few years later Nazim Suleymanov moved to Russian "Alania" Vladikavkaz team (russians paid a hefty "sweetener" over the official purchase price) and helped them win gold medals of Russian championship and became one of top goalscorers. Meanwhile Veli Kassumov moved to another russian team - Dynamo Moscow and for 3 successive years was the top goalscorer in Russia. Later he got transferred from Dynamo to Spanish Real Betis and won bronze medals in Primera.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Veli Kassumov in Real Betis (bottom right)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Veli kosumov man he was my favorite player back in da days, I remember watching russian league he played for dinamo moscow that guy was on fire nobadu could stop him now he's a coach in real betis youth

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And nazim suleymanov he was first foregn top scorer in russian league ,he took title from spartak moscow when alania became rus champs he scored like 80% of alanias goals

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
This is my opinion:

Domestic:
Farhad Valiyev(Inter Baku)
Aftandil Hajiev(Neftchi PFC)
Samir Aliyev(Inter Baku)

Foreign:
Yakuba Bamba(Karvan)
Vladimir Subashic(Neftchi PFC)
Ahmed Tidjiani(Shahdag-Samur)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
QATIH said:
And nazim suleymanov he was first foregn top scorer in russian league ,he took title from spartak moscow when alania became rus champs he scored like 80% of alanias goals
First foreign top-scorer (generally first top-scorer in Russian championship) was Veli Kasumov, with 16 goals. It was in 1992 year.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Veli Kassumov was also one of the first who entered into the Russian "100" club - players who scored more than 100 goals :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts