Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are champions ...

... and only have the cup-final to still come our way I thought we could allready start the election of our favourite/best player of the season. I included each player who played at least once in Benfica's successful championship-campaign.
Go ahead, vote and discuss yer votes

·
Administrator
24,771 Posts
i share ur unbiased opinion :D

do we only have 1 vote?

·
Administrator
24,771 Posts
this is a very tough choice....i mean.....i would wanna chose all those guys that u have underlined in the poll...every single one of them...but for his consistency, the combination of youth with maturity, his outstanding querer in every game...and the fact that the very few games he missed , the team had a really really hard time, more than with any other players absence, manuel fernandes:) he made me feel benfica's future looks bright :proud:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
My vote went to Luisão.
Not only he made a fantastic season, he said - in our worst period of the season - that we (fans) had to believe in them, because he had no doubt that Benfica would be the champion.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After having thought about it for a while now I'll give it to Geovanni ... incredible how much this guy ran down the wing for Benfica this season. :eek:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I voted for Karadas... it was very important for Benfica that he did not play a lot in the last few games and so he is one of the main reasons for the championship. :D

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Manuel Fernandes - his consistency, week in, week out, is perfectly reminiscent of Benfica's season. And consistency was the key as to why we crossed the line ahead of the others.

Honorable mentions - Ricardo Rocha: May not be the most gifted athlete, but makes up with grit and determination, has a nonstop motor. Luisao, for coming up big in the biggest game of the season and for his leadership when we were down. Simao, had a subpar second half of the season, mostly because he's dragging an injury, but can't forget the first half of the season and how he always scored a critical goal for us when we most needed. Giovanni - Where Simao fell from form, he picked up. Great second half of the season, his best performance yet. Mantorras- Don't care that he only played a fragment of the season, his goals at critical moments of the home stretch were priceless to us fans and moreso even to the team.

That is all.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Messi said:
How has Miguel done under the season? I'd like to know because Barça is intrested in him.
So is everyone else so stand in line.

His 2004/2005 season wasn't as good as his 2003/2004 season but he's still one of the best RB's in the world. Look no further than his performance in the Euro Cup in the summer of 2004. Whereever he'll go, he'll only make the team more dangerous but right now he's being a spoiled prick with Benfica Management.

·
Registered
866 Posts
That was a no brainer. Simão Sabrosa. Solved many games for us, kept playing even when injured, played every minute of the SL and, once again, scored around 20 gols on a season (I'm counting all official competitions here). :thmbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts