Xtratime Community banner

2005/06 plans

2K views 55 replies 10 participants last post by  Bier 
#1 ·
With the more than likely transfer of Miguel, what will be the board's solution for the right-back position? During great part of this current season, Alex has been playing as Guimarães's right-back and there are some rumours he's going to feature Benfica's squad next season as he will return from loan. According to some press, Benfica already made an enquiry for Boavista's Nélson, who is a player in the same style of Miguel. Benfica have some well-known financial problems and President Luís Filipe Vieira already confirmed that they need to make a 10M euro profit with transfers this summer...

There are no doubts about Luisão, who will also leave (Anderson and André Luís are bought). What will the business be? Player exchange or cash? I think what the board must resolve is Petit's situation. I think he's the type of player that doesn't look to go abroad so I think it won't be difficult to keep him. Manuel Fernandes will stay one more season so the confirmed changes (from the main players) should be Miguel, Luisão and maybe Ricardo Rocha.

#2 ·
So to resume, we get the following list: (ordered by how sure the deal is to go through at the moment)

players out:

Luisão (Inter are the likeliest)
Miguel (still unknown, probably Juventus)
Ricardo Rocha (only needs a new contract, c'mon Benfica, shouldn't be so tough to pay that man what he freakin deserves!)

players in

André Luis (is already with the squad since winterbreak)
Anderson (don't ask me where we got him from, can't recall, LPC? ;) )

#3 ·
Honestly, i think that the only important player that will leave will be Luisão.

Luís Filipe Vieira is constantly talking about how Benfica needs to create a structure of players that identify themselves with the club. He's also saying that Benfica will keep the best players if the fans show that the club can count on them.

We are about to become portuguese champions after 11 years. The merchandising of the club will suffer a tremendous boost in sales, we'll get 5m € from UEFA just for playing there, and we'll have to add the money from TV and the packed Estádio da Luz during the competition.

As shown by the recent study, we are 14 millions. We have to find a way to bring those 14 millions closer to Benfica, and Benfica TV will be a money making machine (even without the football games).

My point is, Benfica is in a difficult situation, no doubt about that. But in the near future, we have what it takes to succeed without selling players every year.

#5 ·
Thanks, hm sounds good then. Hope we will be an improvement. He's something like the third Anderson we buy in four years (okay different spelling with the one in the middle). :D Would we have kept the other two it would've become a very confusing line up.

#17 ·
no doubt;)

either way, he would be welcome if he was to come next season, not a year from now...we are not Retired United Football Club :D

#18 ·
Best plan for 2005/06: Defending the league title! :)

#19 ·
Agreed! Please no more Porto!

#21 ·
A shame I couldn't join, I opted to be in Empoli yesterday. :D I hope I will be able to pass by that legendary place soon. ;) And I hope that they have as good ribs with fries like the Portoguese place in Solingen. :D

#23 ·
I guess I need you to find a week time in your filled schedule so we can enjoy our time again enjyoing the great menu in the city of blades. :D

But: You are off-topic! :D ;)

Let's celebrate the great Trap and Benfica again!

OLE OLE OLE! :D

#25 ·
Ah okay, I didn't know it because it's the first time I post here. :D

But you are right: VIVA LA benFICA! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.