Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4

Seriously, I won't need another game for a very long time when this comes out.

Although, if a NOLF3 or Timesplitters 3 comes out, I could take a break for a bit.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Chris said:
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4
I second that. I don't think I have played any video game as much as Gran Turismo 3. I think GT4 might be able to change that, however.

I just hope they have a slightly better selection of cars this time around. GT3A had too many variations of the same models (how many Miatas can you possibliy drive) or selections that were out of place (who wants to race a PT Cruiser), while some obvious choices were missing (no Ferraris, no Lamborghinis, no BMW M3s, no Mercedes-Benz CLK GTRs, and the historical sections were missing cars like the Porsche 956s and 962s).

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Tim said:

I just hope they have a slightly better selection of cars this time around.
Did you not know, Tim? GT4 will have over 700 different cars in it. Yes. Ferraris and REAL Porsches aren't in dure to license problems, but basically everything else under the sun is.

A friend of mine downloaded GT4-Prologue (a cut down preview with 50 cars and 5 tracks from japan only) and i'll be playing it tomorrow. Oh man.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
No, I didn't know about the 700 cars. Still no Ferraris and Porsches? I once heard that those companies do not allow licensing for any game in which their cars can be crashed, but that's obviously completely false since there are plenty of games in which those cars are present and in which the cars can be crashed.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Tim said:
I second that. I don't think I have played any video game as much as Gran Turismo 3. I think GT4 might be able to change that, however.

do you only play computer games then or do u play cm and gt3 at the same time....

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
No, I played GT3A a lot when it came out, going through the career mode about three times. Then I picked it up again and fiddled with a few times between then and now. I barely play any video games in the first place, so it was easy for GT3A to become my most often played video game (maybe with the exception of Super Mario Bros, but that was nearly 15 years ago). It did actually take me away from CM for a while.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
How far have you gotten in it? I have a completion rate of 60-something percent. After a while just set cars up for drifting and did huge drifts around the tracks instead of racing.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Chris said:
How far have you gotten in it? I have a completion rate of 60-something percent. After a while just set cars up for drifting and did huge drifts around the tracks instead of racing.
The first time I got up to about 95 percent before restarting, but the next two times I reached 100. The endurance races were the hardest for me, but not because of the skill required, but rather because of the time required. It's too bad the game can't be saved in the middle of a race, but I guess the developers wanted to deter cheaters who would revert to a previous save whenever they messed a race up.

The arcade mode is extremely easy; you just wait until you're almost through with the sim mode, and then you go straight for Hard difficulty and win all the regular races with one of the super cars and the rally races with the Suzuki. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Licensing was my weak point; the best I could do was bronze at or silver at most tests, but gold at a few only.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Same with me as far as licensces and arcade mode went; although in arcade mode i've only gotten 1st place on one time trial because you can't turn off TCS and ASM. As for Sim, i've only done roughly 40% of the races- i tended to skip races in series that i didn't need to win and there are a LOT of trophies i haven't even tried to get (stuff like tuscan speed challenge, FF challenge, etc) just because i got tired of doing the same race over and over again. Strangely, i loved the Endurance races the most simply because after 15 or so laps i had an excuse to try and put together a perfect lap.

Oh yeah, I played GT4.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
How's GT4?

I did dislike some of the specialty races like you mentioned. Seemed a waste of time and money to have to buy certain cars and to trick them out to the max just to compete in a handful of races. Also, some of the later "championship" were overdone, in my opinion, being nothing more than the same series of tracks but with more laps.

The endurance races are fun, especially with the right car/tire combination (F1 cars are the fastes, but their tires also wear the fasts, and you end up almost as much in the pits as on the track) you can stay out for a while and see how fast and consistent you can get.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Tim said:
How's GT4?
Why, I thought you'd never ask. :D

First of all, Prologue is all in Japanese, and for some reason it doesn't allow you to use the right joystick for accel/brake ; you have to use x and square for that. Because of that, I couldn't really tell how the handling physics were because I was so focused on trying to get used to the pressure-sensitive control scheme. My only impression i got from it was that it may have been a little harder to turn; again, this may not actually be the case, more just my handicapped driving.

That being said, the graphics are amazing. I don't know if you've seen any videos on the web of the game, but even they are nothing compared to seeing it on a tv screen. Honestly, watching the intro video will make your jaw drop, and then bring a humongous grin to your face.

The game had five tracks; two real-world japanese racing circuits, a seattle-like street circuit set in new york, a close-walled race in a small italian town, and a rally circuit on the edge of the grand canyon. I personally love the plain style racing circuits from gt3, so the ones here were great as well, just with better graphics. New York was probably the weakest- maybe it was the multitude of square 90 degree turns, but it wasn't as fun as Seattle. Rally in this game is a LOT harder now, and the grand canyon circuit was about ten times more twisty then Tahiti Maze. Cita di Aria, the italian course, was the best, though. Lots of tight twists, one car width straightaways, and easily the best visuals (especially in the replay), think Cote d'Azur, but without the annoying sideboards. Honestly, even with the annoying controls, I could have played that one for hours.

So there you go, GT4 is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I did see a video of it on television the other day and it looked great. But it was supposed to have been from the early stages of production, and I am sure the finished product will be even better.

It was hard to top the visuals in GT3A however. A lot of people thought there was an actual race going on, even moreso when the introduction was running. But developers have been able to extract even more from the PS2 lately (NFS: U, for example, looks absolutely stunning) so there's always room for improvement.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Fable for the X-box looks very promising, altough I do not have an x-box. :D

I may take a look at City of heroes, another MMORPG in the works. Maybe it will even be good... Same goes for World of warcraft, as it comes from a quality developer.

Movies is a new simulation game where you head a movie studio and make movies... Seems very interesting to me.

Last. I think I must get "Playboy mansion", a game where you are Hugh Hefner and is supposed to build up your playboy mansion building and take photos (not of the building that is)... :D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Victoria - Empire Under the Sun, by Paradox Studios (Swedish strategy developer: Europa Universalis I & 2, Hearts of Iron, etc).

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Bastin said:
Victoria - Empire Under the Sun, by Paradox Studios (Swedish strategy developer: Europa Universalis I & 2, Hearts of Iron, etc).
Great Bastin, something we can agree on, are you a member of their forum? I am a beta tester for Victoria, guess you love that game, with UK ruling the world and all. ;) I love all their games and if their is something I am addicted too then it is those.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
JKris said:
Great Bastin, something we can agree on, are you a member of their forum? I am a beta tester for Victoria, guess you love that game, with UK ruling the world and all. ;) I love all their games and if their is something I am addicted too then it is those.
Yes, I am. The name "Bastin" is quite familiar, n'est-ce pas? What's your username? :confused: And, yes, I love the game. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts