Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nominees are :cool: :

1) Raul's outstanding pass to send Zidane clear, in the CL Semi-final first leg in Nou Camp.

2) Zidane's left-footed cross away to Celta, for Raul to score the winner.

3) Roberto Carlos' long pass to find Raul, away to Mallorca in La Liga.

4) Figo's well-measured cross for Guti, away to Roma in CL, which turned out to be the eventual winning goal.

5) Raul's lovely touch to Zidane, La Liga match vs. Espanyol.

6) Minambress' cross for Moro in 7-0 trashing of Las Palmas in Liga.

7) Zidane's amazing long pass to Helguera, in CL win over PAOK in Bernabeu.

8) Raul's magnificent chip to the charging Moro, La Liga win over Deportivo.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Tuff one, but i'll have to choose raul's assist in zidane's goal vs. barca. Everything was right.. the timing, the space, and even the goal was a nice one (made sure one team wouldn't reach the finals) ;)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too realfan :)

It was just an amazing play from Raul and one that possibly had the biggest impact on the CL semi-finals.

Raul had a number of great assists this year, a new dimension added to his game i guess! :star:

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I was between Rauls to Morientes in the Depor game and Rauls to Zidane in the Barca match. Both beauties. Both left the defences of Depor and Barca "naked"(well you know what I mean!). But cause the second one was much more decessive and lead to a sensation at the Nou Camp, I voted for that.Superb vision.

On a sidenote, it was never counted as an assist, but leaving through the ball from Makelele to Figo surprised the whole Barca defence to give him a bithday-goal against his old club in the games dying minutes -was simply a great move. A classic.

Thanx for these threads Mo! :) :D

Saludos, LaBlanca

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Aren't you people forgetting about Carlos's assist to that so-called "God's strike"? :eek: :D

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I voted for Raul vs. Zidane.

I reckon though Minambres cross was actually an own goal?

And Carlos in the CL final to Zidane should be there as well

:cool:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Are we gonna have any new categories?

Like best rookie? best newcomer (pointless). biggest disappointment? i dunno... what else?

·
Registered
721 Posts
What about a "best-play-which-lead-to-a-goal" award? Puh, that was long, but I really don`t know how to put it...In other words, not the goal itself, but the attacking play just before.

Here are my nominees:

1) Espanyol (h) liga: great one-two between Munitis and Raúl, the latter scoring his first goal of the season.

2) Roma (a) champions: the build-up that evidently lead to that magnificent Figo-cross for Guti to head in.

3) Anderlecht (a) champions: Fantastic play! Helguera sends it to Raúl who lays it back for Figo, Figo to Raúl who sends it over to Salgado with his heel, Salgados cross takes a deflection off a defender before Macca hammers in a sweet half-volley.

4) Sparta (a) champions: Some good skills sees Salgado out on the right, he plays a one-two with Raúl and passes his marker, send it in to Morientes who scores!

5) Rayo (a) liga: This attack starts with a goal kick from Casillas and includes Raúl, Zidane, Morientes and Figo. None uses more than three touch.

6) Osasuna (h) liga: An unstoppable with wawe finds a brazilian on the left who fires in one of his patented banana-crosses for Morientes to put home.

7) Málaga (a) liga: Almost identical to the previous, but without the flair of Zidane.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Raul's sweet pass to Zizou takes it all. It was so accurate and presice.

How about a "Best Save" award? Im just looking for a way to award Helguera's acrobatic save in the Nou Camp right from Kluivert's eyes :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
cliffordil said:
Aren't you people forgetting about Carlos's assist to that so-called "God's strike"? :eek: :D
NO SH*T!

This goal was seen by millions on the largest stage for club football! It had the world on it's ears!!

Brilliant save by Roberto Carlos and instinctively hammered away by Zizou pass the Bayer Goalie Butt!

PRICELESS!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
labas said:
Are we gonna have any new categories?

Like best rookie? best newcomer (pointless). biggest disappointment? i dunno... what else?
Was thinking of the best rookie, but we had a poll a couple of months ago which was kind of close to that, the one about biggest potential, remember? :)

If anyone has any last ideas, lets get it up before the WC. :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
real fan said:
I agree with Hala Madrid.. how about a 'best save' award?.. we all know who that will go to now don't we... :D
Talk about obvious!!!!:D

Cesar v Xavi at the Camp Nou!

man, that was hard:D:devil::howler:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
labas said:

Talk about obvious!!!!:D

Cesar v Xavi at the Camp Nou!

man, that was hard:D:devil::howler:
Labas :wth: ,

Where did you learn what "best" means? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.