Votes: 2 11.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As explained before, vote for the game that you believed we put on the most outstanding display of football! :drool: :excited:

I also need your help with some of the other polls. Basically:

a) Do we need a goal of the year poll? (i think Zidane's final goal is a lock!).

b) Need nominations for Assist of the year :) please PM me :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
No contest for me.

The Deportivo game was great, we really played some outstanding football but for me the winner is the Bayern game. This is the game that I personally wanted to win so badly, they were our bogey team and they had this is oh so great record against us... haha! We played really well and their boring defensive tactics played into our hands as we pinned them back and put them severe pressure. ZZ hit the bar when it was still 0-0 and Ill admit I thought is this going to be another of those frustrating nights? Its wasnt and we kicked the holders out... sweet!!! :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I voted for the Espanyol match. I remember we were in a really bad losing streak early in the seasons. Goals from Raul, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Figo and Macca proved people wrong. It was entertaining in a sense that we worked well as a team.. (and raul's assist for zidane's goal :proud: )

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I voted for the Deportivo match in Liga.

To me, it was simply a dominating performance against one of the best teams of the year. We scored 3 wonderful goals (if you count the whole play that started Moro's goal), and it was simply a night where you witnessed magical footbal! :happy: :proud:

and still no one is answering my questions :depress:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nominations for assist of the year? hmm... i still think raul's assist for Zidane's goal vs. Espanyol is a good nominee :D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Close struggle between the Depor and Roma match, but I choose the latter. ;)
Took into consideration at that time, both teams weren't exactly at their best, plus winning the opening match in the group got a lot of psychological boost.

And going into the match, it was sort of more evenly matched than the Depor match (which I think we outplayed them). Of course if you think that Zizou's goal is a gem in our season, then that Figo's freekick is another one! :D

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
I voted for the Deportivo match in Liga.

To me, it was simply a dominating performance against one of the best teams of the year. We scored 3 wonderful goals (if you count the whole play that started Moro's goal), and it was simply a night where you witnessed magical footbal! :happy: :proud:

and still no one is answering my questions :depress:
i voted for the Depor game, I remember the ESPN English (Mike Hill, Tommy Smith) comentators calling our performance FUTURISTIC, I wish i would ve taped that game.

and we do need a poll of goal of the year, Zidane and Raul would go head to head on that one

assist of the year :confused: never heard of that one b4, But is ok with me, why not
I voted for Raul s assist to zidane in the Barca s semifinal game.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Best match Depor at home, our best performance no doubt. We could have won 5-1, but Molina was brilliant.

Most important match for me was Bayern at home, but Barcelona away was close.

Best assists:
Figos cross for Guti to head in vs Roma
Raúls pass to Zidane in the semis at Nou Camp
That brilliant chip from Raúl which Moro slotted hom against Depor
R Carlos magnificent cross against Mallorca (away) to Raúl
Another brazilian special to Morientes against Osasuna (home)
Zidanes pass which saw Guti clear on goal vs Celta (home)
Zizou again, a great cross to Raúl away against Celta.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
THE Only thing i don't get is how both our wins against puta aren't included.
do you have to score 5 goals for it be considered an impressive win?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
the confusion comes from the name of the tread, says entertainment but when u see the tittle in the poll reads important,
I voted for the entertainment, the DEPOR GAME CAUSE it was real fun to watch some display from our heroes, and I have a great time doing so, the Barca game I wasnt that relax, as a matter of fact I was real :eek: nervous for most of the match till Macca goal, so entertaining is one thing and important or crucial is another.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
voted for the depor game.

I haven't watched many real games this season, but this was one of the few that I did watch. I had to stay up till 2 in the morning to watch it, because I didn't have Sky digital. Boy am I glad I watched it, it was a wonderful game. Sublime.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Madridstas,

Since as Labas and Ahmed said, the traffic will go down to a crawl come this Friday, i'll just put up the last two polls: Goal of the Year (though i still feel this is a lock for ZZ), and Assist of the Year (using some of the suggestions i received.

Labas,

I try :eek:

·
Registered
619 Posts
i voted for our match against bayern

semifinal match against tough team ,being under pressure to win the game.
our heroes did it , they won with an excellent performance

assist of the year :
- raul's assist to zidane scoring the first goal against barca
- RC to raul in the final ,it was clever move from roberto carlos it
can be counted as assist right !!!

Goal of the year:
- Figo's goal against barca i think should in the poll
- Hierro's third goal in the match in which he scored 3 goals( aginst zaragoza or villareal i think)

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
hmmm...pretty tough too. My favourite is the Depor-game. I cannot forget the commentators, that usually have a bad comments on Real Madrid, but this time...they said it was magical. But I just had the summary on this match. Also the radio-comment was amazing! Superb goals, wonderful moves... an almost perfect game. Also Depor was higher ranked than Espanyol, it was the game for winter-champs, so it was a very big effort by our boys. Sadly they lost the more decessive 2 matches against them during the season.:( :( :( :depress:

But for me the most entertaining was vs. Espanyol, cause I've seen it completely and LIVE! Wow! Talked to my cousin and a friend of mine from Madrid before the match. Well my cousin wasnt much interested in football. We told her she has to lern the Madrid-hymn and sing! *loool* She said...she will, only when we lead 3:0. We were leading 3:0 after 20 minutes; the earliest 3:0 lead for years if not ever!!!! And she had to sing! :tongue:*loool* :D :D :D Then Rauls combination with Munitis was just brilliant...nice goal!
Then the Anderlecht game, but just the second half was very entertaining for us. We played not bad in the first half but too harmless infront of the goal. My friend told me during the break when we were 0:1 down, well win 4:1! I couldnt believe him! But he was right! Hes a clearvoyant! :tongue: :D
We've seen 13:2 goals out of 3 games in just one week. Ill NEVER forget that! And the best is, my cousine tends to become a Madridista!!! Not as crazy as I, but good trend! ;) :tongue: :tongue: :cool: :D

Saludos, LaBlanca

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.