Votes: 2 11.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having to move a little quicker with the polls. It will take over if we wait for each poll to conlcude. But hopefully by the time the third poll is up, the first one is conlcluded, and will move on that basis! :)

There will be two award on games, the first, this one, is about our Biggest Win Of The Year , which basically means the match that you feel had big impact and significance, but it doesn't necessarily means we played well in that game.

The second one, which i hope to establish later, will be our best performance, in terms of quality of our play.

In example, some games may over lap (the win over Bayern was both big and a nice performance), but some will fall into big but not a great performance (Barca (both games), Bayer), and some will fall into great performance but not really "Big" ( Deportivo, Espanyol in Bernabeu).

Another Note , do we really need a goal of the year poll? :confused: Isn't this a lock that Zidane's goal in the final will win that?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
This is tough...I was between RM-Bayern and Barca-RM but I think the win vs. Barca in Barcelona really made believe us to clinch La Novena. While the win vs. Bayern was crucial cause all the winners of the last 3 years are made up from this matches. But from the head...it was the match in Barcelona, thats why I voted for that.

LaBlanca.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I voted the Bayern match. Definitely a moral and psychological boost! ;)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
:frustrat:

No offense Vamp, but what the hell have you seperated the "big" and "good" games for?:depress: Pointless. (sorry for complaining so much, but these awards are loosing all their glamour in my eyes:depress: )

The biggest game was undoubtebly v Bayern. Whatever we wanna say, that game in the Bernabeu had the aura of inevitability about it. If someone tells me they had the slightest hope of qualification after the 1st half, I'll call them dreamers... it was bound to be a repeat of previous years, where ze Germans would do us once again:depress:
Then came Helguera... and the season started all over again:hopefull: Definitely the biggest game, most nervracking experience.

I voted for the "puta" game, because for me humiliating the bitc* is always top of the pile, even if we lose every other game that particular season. Humiliating the bi*ch in their own whorehouse is just a one in a kind experience, something I lived for the 1st time... so it was that:proud:
But beating them in the 1st leg wasn't anywhere as "big" as the Bayern win, if we are to speak totally objectively, and leave away the rivalry factor.
A lot may be said, but we trounced Puta, and walked through the semifinals as a result. Show me someone who will say the same thing about Bayern. No, no:nervous:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
labas said:
:frustrat:

No offense Vamp, but what the hell have you seperated the "big" and "good" games for?:depress: Pointless. (sorry for complaining so much, but these awards are loosing all their glamour in my eyes:depress: )
Fair comment Labas.

My point was we had some very entertaining performances (like Las Palmas 7-0 :D), but does the game have much "value"? I don't have to do that poll, if most people think its not necessary.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I voted for the Barca CL game :happy:

I always believed we will beat Bayern, and before the QF draw i just wanted that draw. I was a bit heartbroken and disappointed, and even a bit doubtful after we threw away the 1-0 lead in Munich. But all in all, i always knew this year we would strike back against the Germans. and once again, we might have lost more matches to them, but in terms of who qualified, 3 times we faced them and we qualified twice. That to me is most important.

I think the Barca win in Nou Camp was big. Yes, they were missing so many players, but we all know how these matches tend to go. We were lightyears better then them last year and they should have beaten us in our own field...which says alot. So, considering the fact that we were on a horrible streak in Nou Camp, considering that they would have loved nothing better then to knock us out in our centernary....considering the whole aura of this match-up, going into the Nou Camp and beating them (and it could have been more amazing if Guti put away the sitters), to me, this was the biggest game we had this year! :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
There will be two award on games, the first, this one, is about our Biggest Win Of The Year , which basically means the match that you feel had big impact and significance, but it doesn't necessarily means we played well in that game.
Based on the above it has to be the CL final. We didnt play that well but we won a trophy, had we lost the centenary season would have been a disaster.

I know which game for me was our best peformance but Ill wait for the poll.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
has to be the UCL Final.

for all the merits of the other games, and the things you have to delve into to realize the importance of the big games, the final had a simple charm(?) to it:

It saved our season, and nothing can be bigger than that.:)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
surprised to see that the UEFA CHAMP was not a runaway winner.

The way I see a voted I went with the win over Bayer, because within this victory the road was much sweeter!

First we take out Bayern and get our revenge, than we go to Barca and silence all the Barca supporters in their own home.

The icing to the cake is the ECL!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
the final against Leverkusen hands down, just imagine what would have hapened if we lost that final, total disaster, the worst possible year, the press around the world would laugh at us.

We have at least one chance to beat Barca every year, so whats the big deal, I know b4 that semifinal we didnt beat them in lots of year, but I was not counting, Were you?

Its kind of pathetic, and really flattering fot Barca fans to mention that beating them is the biggest game of the season. Actually we could have lost there (as we did in Munich) and then eliminated them in Madrid.

So my final conclusion, in just one game (UCL Final) we save our entire season, and probably next.
So my vote is for the FInal against Leverkusen for the game of this year and probably the next one too.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
The Champions League final.

The ninth title. That goal by Zizou. And it made revenge against Bayern and beating Barçelona much sweeter.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I voted for the win at the camp nou.

Breaking the winless streak at that cursed stadium cannot be underestimated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.