Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FA cup winners 2002

well - why bother turning up? we've got the lucky dressing room. every team thats won at the millenium stadium has used the dressing room we'll be in!:)
we cant lose:D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
hehe... We WILL lose if we start counting our chickens!!

Thats why I'm changing the title of this thread to our Official FA Cup Final thread, for info and stories leading up to the final.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
As P7 said, we have won the right to occupy the 'lucky' dressing room:

Arsenal won the toss of a coin at the stadium today by Football Association marketing director Paul Barber and picked the northern one, which also has a slightly larger warm-up area.

Chelsea's meagre consolation is to be allowed to wear their normal white socks in the final, with Arsenal switching to red.

The Blues have nevertheless still organised an open-top bus parade the morning after the cup final, whether they have won or lost.

The parade is due to arrive at Fulham Town Hall at about midday before a walkabout by players and then a civic reception. Given that Chelsea have not qualified for the Champions League and must settle for a UEFA Cup place, the celebrations could nevertheless fall rather flat if the team have just lost the FA Cup final.

Cheeky gits, organising the victory parade already!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Why would they go on a parade if they lose the final? I can picture a bus full of Chelsea players driving through an empty street :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i seriously dont wanna sound cocky
i was pretty cocky to my friends about our uefa cup final and last years Fa cup
we lsot both
so i am just keeping it low
but one piece of good news
sol campball might return in the bolton clash away this week in the EPL, so that means his gonna be fit for the Fa cup hopefully!!
:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to admit, I think this game will be close.

Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen are good enough to worry any defence, and we are going to have to play well to beat Chelsea.

Lets hope Sol's back

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i predict that we will won both the cup and the liga...
GUNNERS :strong:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Chelsea are the most unpredictable team in the country. They can beat any top team on their day, but on other days they are pure and simply crap.
I really hope the Chelsea that turned up to play Man U last week turn up at Cardiff. We will destroy them.
All we have to do is keep Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen quiet, and we should win the Cup.
The double is so close, don't blow it Gunners.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Chelsea started very good against ManU but a soon as ManU had scored thieir first goal the Chelsea players gave up. The Chelsea players don`t have heart enough to turn some bad luck around.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes but most teams do that against united. spurs are the best example. they always play well, and are 3-0 at half time. then as soon as united even look like scoring they just give up and let in 4 goals. Grrr. If only teams did that against us, it would make our title shot so much easier.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
hehe, if its that easy..then we wont have a entertaining EPL title race would we? as long as arsenal finishes first!

you guys hear what fergie said about us?
we're to confident and could lead to our downfall
cose so far, we still havent won anything
:rolleyes:
old man, get a life

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Well, hopefully once we score the first goal Chelsea'll roll over and play dead while we keep banging in the goals!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is going to be a cracker!The fact wve got the "lucky" north end means absolutly nuffink!Its still Arsenal vs Chelsea as it would be if Chelsea had the lucky End!

Remember Newcastle had that amazing run of continuess defeats in london!And then came to highbury and won.

Exactly,records,north end,dont matter.It will be a cracker and Arsenal will win.

Its wrote for us!Win the FAcup at Cardiff saturday and go to old trafford and come home with a draw and the FA premier league trophy in our hands!

Come on gooners!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Selection Issues

I think the big question is, who will partner Sol Campbell at the back? AW will play his strongest team, and Sol is definitely our best centre-back now, so it is a question of who partners him...

Could this be the the beginning of a new era, where Tony Adams is not in our first-choice centre-back pairing? :eekani:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Wenger: Cup Final is 'biggest event in the world'

anyway
i think adams should partnet campball
his got the experience over everyone else
so yea
but i dont think it matters much if its keown or adams
both has experience

depends on situation
for momentous reasons - adams
for good defense - keown, because i think he sacrifices more

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
With SBS bringing it live on Saturday night, all that's needed for me is some crackers, cheese and of course that bottle of Sherry :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Seaman_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Lauren __ _Campbell_ _ _Adams _ _ _Cole

Wiltord_ _Vieira_ _ Parlour_ _Ljungberg

_ _ _ _ _ _ _Bergkamp_ _ _Henry_ _ _ _ _

The other thing is to play 3 centre back in Campbell,keown and adams at the back,with Lauren and Cole wing backs!

Maybe for the manu game that would be a good idea,ensure we go home as champions!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think Adams should partner campbell as well, I`m a great fan of Keown and I feel sorry for him if has to sit on the bench but the whole team look more comfortble and more solid with Adams on the field.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i really think we'll win on saturday, my money's on another 2-0.:)
all of our players will be so 'up for it' after last years daylight robery:(
i'm really sure bergkamp will play a blinder, he did'ent play in 98 or last year and he has always dreamt of playing in a cup final. he will produce one piece of exquisite skill to score or set up somebody. i quite fancy somebody like lauren or ashley cole to score for some reason.
anyway my official prediction is 2-0, scorers being wiltord and lauren/cole.:cool:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
There may be some great news ahead of the Cup Final, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is now a major doubt for the final as he sees to be making no progress on his injury. So it could be Zola and Gudjohnsen up front as Forssel is also injured.:D

I would play Adams instead of Keown, because when Adams is playing he seems to inspire confidence into the team, we all saw him give Vieira a talking to when he kept giving the ball away, we need his leadership for these sort of games.

Also Wenger has hinted that Seaman will be the Number 1 keeper on Saturday, he has said that there is no agreement with the club and Wright that he should play the FA Cup games.
Since Seaman has not played in the FA Cup this season will he still get a medal if he doesn't play in the final?
Anyway I think we should play Seaman, we need our strongest and most experienced team out there on Saturday.

Also in the last couple of games Edu hasn't been at his best, would you play him in the Final? If yes then who will play on the right wing Wiltord or Parlour?
Or would you leave Edu out and play Parlour in the middle and Wiltord on the wing?

My Team;

--------------Seaman
Lauren--Adams--Campbell--Cole
-Wiltord--Vieira--Edu--Ljungberg-
-----------Henry--Bergkamp

I predict a 2-0 win.

:D And surely the double!!

OOOOHHH Tony Adams is magic,
He has a magic knob
And when he saw Caprice,
He stuck it in her Gob,
He stuck in her Gob, he stuck it in her [email protected],