Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally after 37 tough matches, Valencia won the La Liga after 31 years. It might be a new era for them as they prepare for 2002/03. What do you guys suggest to improve the team?

Manager- Rafa Benitez

Return the trophy to El Che after 31 yrs and he owns the credit in overall. A great archievement for him and certainly raises his world-reputation.Since it's not broken, don't fix it, he would definitely remain.

Goalkeeper

Our captain, Canizares has been brillant all season and is indispensible.

Centre Back

Ayala and Pellegrino form a formidable partnership at the back, they would doubtlessly be cooperating again next season, provided that Ayala would not leave the club and renew his contract. As cover, Djukic and Marchena would be fine however I prefer another defender like Crosa to Djukic.

Left Back

Carboni is getting old and we all know that Aurelio is prone to take over his position as this young brazilian is equipped with pace. Defensively, we ought to sought a replacement for carboni although he has renew his contact for another year, he might be left on the bench all season like Angloma. Therefore, we might as well bring in someone as a perfect cover?

Right Back

It's a sad to to see Angloma leaving, we did not missed him this year with Curro Torres , however, we do not have any cover for this position. I do not think any of you guys wanna see Angluo in this position again don't you? We would definitely require a right back, perhaps a young promising player as cover?

Defensive Midfielders

This is where our strength lies, David Albelda and Ruben Baraja are part of our awesome midfield setup this season. Both of them having been efficient and consistent thoughout, as well as coming up with goals to save our axx.;) :D . Their partnership in central midfield had earned call up to the Spanish National and looks set to play in the WC 2002. In cover, we only have De Los Santos who sux everytime he played. D.L. Santo has failed to establish himself here and I feel that it's time to let him go. I prefer another defensive midfielder who is all rounded.

Left Wing

If both Kily and Vicente are not leaving, I don't see the need of another 3rd party to get involve in this fierce competition.

Right Wing

Rufete had firmly established himself this season. I was very amazed to see him scoring 2 goals in that Espanol match. Excellent season for him. If I was Benitez, I would occasionally play Angulo as right wing and both of them would have a hard time competing for this spot. This way, it suits Angulo well as he offers pace without a deadly finish and we could save up some money for other transfer.

Offensive Midfielder

At the moment , Pabilto is on fire and is set to feature in the 2002 WC. He is currently indispensible with his flair, creativity, passing
and those perfect 1-2s with his team mate. To replace him, we would need a Zidane? :D :) ;) Nah, actually, Mista could replace him on a temp basics but I would welcome another playmaker, Riquelme, if Valencia would wanna complete with A.Madrid.( Which seems a cheap deal isn;t it? 12m for the next world star) I'm not confident that the 2 amazing argentina playmakers would fit in nicely in the team but if they could !!!! Do expect thunderstorm in La Liga next season. Even if Riquelme fails, just offload him to some filthy rich club.

Strikers

This is one department which is in crisis and Benitez needs to polish it with much efforts. Salva has not been playing since.....( I don't know, I thought he died or something) Carew is outta flavour with the coach , which I personally like him to stay. In fact , Benitez sent in Carew in last match which suprised lotsa people. The big giant looks set to leave after this season and I really think it will be a loss for the club. I personally like him to stay. Juan Sanchez is not the best person for this role but he was joint top striker with Baraja with 5 misery goals.. :tongue:
Sanchez could well be our super-sub next season. Ille is too injury prone and it would be better to offload him.
If we are to take the C.League next season, this department needs hell lotsa improvement. We would need at least one world class striker!
Recommendation - D. Silva , Luque , Juan Pablo Angel

Summary
-------------
Players going out - Djukic, Salva, Carew, De Lo Santos, Ille

Position needed -

1 x Centre Back
1 x Right Back
1 x Defensive Midfielder
1 x Offensive Midfielder( if there's still money to fork out)
2 x Striker

Do feel free to contribute.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
would welcome another playmaker, Riquelme, if Valencia would wanna complete with A.Madrid
well, i see this a bit, just a bit impossible.
i dont see riquelme going to valencia to fight for a spot with aimar, its insane.
the only way, it would be playing both in the same team at the same time. and i dont think so.
even DAllessandro wouldnt go to compete with pablito there.
and i cant imagine valencia managers wasting 15 millions in a substitute.

but....:eek:

----------Sanchez----DSilva
------------------------aimar
---------------JRR
--kily-------------------------------baraja
-----------------albelda

---pelegrino----ayala-----****
----------------canizarez

no, too unreal.:depress:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
batigold said:

well, i see this a bit, just a bit impossible.
i dont see riquelme going to valencia to fight for a spot with aimar, its insane.
the only way, it would be playing both in the same team at the same time. and i dont think so.
even DAllessandro wouldnt go to compete with pablito there.
and i cant imagine valencia managers wasting 15 millions in a substitute.
From my point of view, it is totally unrealistic , but it is a sure profitable deal:D ;) (from the point of a businessman).
How Riquelme gonna blend into the team is a question mark.....

-----------------D.Silva--------------------------
-----------Aimar--------Riquelme--------------
Kily---------------Baraja--------------F.Rufete
Aurelio-----Ayala----Pellegrino----C.Torres

This looks better...:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good analysis T4F (batigold aswell),
eventhough if I don't agree with all your points , you made yourself pretty clear.....

I'll try to keep in touch with reality while expressing my wishes for next season...and Valencia team I would like to see........

Manager

Whether we like Rafa or not he's almost certainly gonna be there for next season...and he deserved it......I would just like him (especially now after this team gained some confidence) to experiment a little bit more- especially when it comes to offensive formations.....
they say(I don't know cos I didn't follow Tenerife last year) that they played much more offensively then we did this year.........
we used mostly 4-2-3-1 (when Aimar played more as a playmaker), then 4-4-1-1(with Aimar more upfront) and flat 4-4-2 (with 2 strikers)......

I think it would be very interesting to see 3-4-1-2 formation with Aimar behind 2 strikers and Baraja and Albelda as DM's.......I think we have enough defensive strength for 3 men defence and it would certainly give opportunity for Aimar to show his potential up to highest level........

Goalkeeper

There is no need to say anything about Canizares.......and we're going to be very lucky if Palop stays with us cos he's a good keeper and reliable backup for Cani....he wasn't satisfied with his status earlier in the season but I really hope he changed his mind.....if not, then good luck to him and will have to find a good backup again..........

Rightback

I agree with you T4F, with Angloma gone we need a decent backup for Curro.....probably some youngster, but right now I don't have a good idea...

Leftback

well, I'm not very impressed with Aurelio this season even if he has IMO the best attacking abilities comparing to all our wingbacks (maybe not Angloma during his best days)....despite his age Carboni deservedly fought for his starting position and I don't expect(if there are no injuries) to see something much different next season too...maybe a little bit more of rotation system between two of them..........

Central defence

In my mind, absolutely most important thing to do is to keep Ayala.....if we have to sell someone for cash , let it be Pellegrino (he had some good offers last year too), but not Ayala in any case.......Djukic is staying (we already know that) and I'm personally happy about that cos he proved himself to be more than a reliable backup when he was needed........
Marchena is our asset for the future and I'm sure he'll get better and better...I've heard earlier that we are interested to get a CD ( I think it was Bravo from Malaga) but I think keeping Ayala-Pellegrino duo is the best option for us.....only if we switch to 3 men defence, we should get a CD and teach Curro how to play in such formation........

Right wing

totally agree with T4F

Left wing

same.....
about Kily...it's up to him....I really hope he stays (there will be a lot of games with CL next season) but if he decides to go I won't blame him..... he gained my love and respect last season when he decided to stay despite the fact that even management wanted him to go(and many others bailing out aswell)........
just don't go to Lazio Kily, please

one other thing....if Kily decides to stay we might see Vicente leaving and I wouldn't like to see that aswell..........

Central midfield

well, to make it loud and clear I wouldn't change Baraja-Albelda-Aimar trio for anyone right now and I really hope that they are gonna be our axis for next season....but.......I really think that we need some creativity backup for Aimar cos with Los Santos we have 3 DM's (if we count Marchena on that place it's four) and only one creative midfielder......surely Baraja is great alround midfielder with significant contribution to attack but he's not playmaker and he can't match with Aimar when it comes to creativity and vision.....and that's thing very easy to be seen even in Spanish NT, the difference with and without Valeron is enormous one........on the other hand Los Santos(even if I consider him as a good player) failed to impress this season so personally I would change him for creative midfielder who can also play defence well (in case some of our DM's get injured)...something like Emerson is for Totti in Roma and Albertini for Rui Costa in Milan......few weeks earlier Emre is mentioned, and I think he would suit well just like his teammate S.Dalmat.....they are both very creative and versatile(could play even on wings if needed) and still can tackle(defend) very well....maybe even Okocha........

Strikers

Ilie is gone and I'm sad about it but we can't do much about it now....I wish him well ....the way things look right now I wouldn't be surprised if both Carew and Salva leave .....personally I would keep Salva at least for one more season but not Carew...he had two years to prove himself and to be honest he failed ....Sanchez and Mista could be a solid backup in this position for next year........
we desperately need a world class striker (it's even better if his type suits our style- "C.Lopez type")...so....

Jardel - perfect (Barca is chasing him aswell)
Tamudo -exact type we need and not bad either
Cisse - a dream come true(Barca again)

.....just couple of names I'd like to see.........

to sum it up(if anyone is reading by now):

Already gone: Ilie and Angloma
Can go: Los Santos, Carew, Salva ?, Kily?

1)Keep Ayala and Kily(if he wants to stay)- necessary
2)Get a world class striker -necessary
3)get some extra creativity in midfield - not so necessary
4)get rightback (if 4men def) or CD (if 3 men def)- not so necessary

·
Registered
280 Posts
about Riquelme...........

Although I don't have any chance to follow his domestic league(except highlights sometimes) I have no doubt that he's a great player......

but, the reason I don't like that idea is simple....for next season I want Aimar to play more as a playmaker (I think it's the right place for him) and that would mean (especially in formation Benitez use) bench for Riquelme (as I can hear he's "natural" playmaker) or Aimar....what a waste of talent and money;) that would be........

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding the formations, I have earlier omitted it.
I suggest that while on home soil, we can adatp to 3-2-2-1-2

---------GK----------
---DC---DC---DC---
-----DMC---DMC----
AML-------------AMR
---------AMC---------
------SC-----SC-----

While in away matches, we can stick to 4-4-1-1

------------GK--------------
DR-----DC---DC---DL-----
AML---MC---MC---AMR---
--------AMC----------------
--------------SC-------------

Actually, I not too sure wheather will playing 3 CB works for Valencia cos, since cuper era, they have been playing with 4 backs. It might be a risk, however it improves our scoring department.

I have again ommited Palop who provides cover well, if he desires to leave, there's no point of keeping him here?
Does anyone knows how is Jonathon doing in Youth Team?

When the la liga returns to Valencia this year, we have high chances of keeping the squad for next year, & I hope that the board will make efforts to keep players like Ayala, Kily & Vicente.

Sell De lo Santos and get a replacment...u think Xavi Alonso will fit the job?

There are rumours regarding Crespo departure, I think it's a good buy. & How about some black stuffs like Agahowa or E.Olisadabe?

Since angloma is leaving, why not we get a french/senegal right back?Hey ,make it black to continue this tradition? :howler:

I will carrying scouting for more bargain buy while you guys keep pumping in suggestions.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Good looking teams. Only problem I see is that there can only be 3 non-EU players allowed on the roster next season. You have to take that into consideration when making a hypothetical team (all of your proposed teams have more than 3).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
we need a striker ... thats it...

How about Crespo :star:?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
about riquelme, i was being ironic when i wrote about his possibilities of going to valencia. its almost a fact that he will leave boca but he wont go to valencia, and valencia will not try to get.

about crespo, it would be great but, do you have $ 54.000.000? to spend just in one player?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Valencia, the best in spain, my congrats again...

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'll be brief...

I'd sell/let go: Ilie, De Los Santos, and Carew.
And maybe Salva, although I still think he's a talented played which we could need.
But I'm afraid the club is in need of serious money, so either Kily or Ayala (or both!) will probably/unfortunately be sold.

Players to buy: Jardel.
And maybe a young defender, or perhaps promote one of the B-team defenders.

That's it. That's all we really need: Jardel! (assuming Ayala and Kily are not sold...)

Ziad

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
batigold said:
about crespo, it would be great but, do you have $ 54.000.000? to spend just in one player?
:D Let's organize a tour to Madrid and rob all the banks there.
54M is way too much Valencia would be willing to pay.
Outta the question.

What Juanele mentioned was vital, currently we have 3 foreigners in the squad, namely Aimar,Kily,Pellergino. Therefore the most is just purhcasing one more foreigner.

& Pls don't sell Ayala & Kily......

·
Registered
280 Posts
Juanele, you're right.....I just hope that after this year's Cup exit we'll pay more atention to that (when selecting players).....and hopefully someone will suddenly remember his ancestor in Spain:D

T4F, those 2 formations are exactly what's on my mind......
and yes it would be a risk(switching to 3men defence), but a risk worth trying in my opinion(we have entire offseason for experiments)...

Assasin and batigold, it would be great to see Crespo wearing our jersey but with that price I'm afraid it's impossible...........

Ziad, where were you?
I was afraid you were serving your time behind the bars for neighbour disturbance:D
anyway, I learned to trust your judgments last couple of months so you make me sad with this talk about Ayala and Kily:depress:
let's just hope(even if it's naive) that this title can change something in the usual bargaining and help them to reach some agreement:angel: .......

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
What's all this anti-de los Santos crap?:eek::confused::dazed: The guy is great, but it's no east task overshadowing a pair like Albelda-Baraja. He should stay 100%, cause he's a superb player, and the only quality back-up for those 2 guys. Don't even mention Marchena who completely failed in this position.

Setting aside obvious things, like the exit of Ilie and Angloma (both are good riddance 'm afraid)... you need to hold on to the backbone of your team of course (by this I don't mean Kily for exxample, who can be replaced by Vicente, but I do mean by this of course Aimar, Baraja, Ayala or Rufete). If you keep the backbone of your team, then it's time to concentrate on the one problem this team still has - strikers.
I'm not saying your discussions about back-up's for Ayala, or Aimar are meaningless, but right now you have on serious concern and that's the striker position. Carew in my mind remains the best striker on this team, and if only the coach had more faith in him... oh well, nevermind, he should leave as quick as possible and pursue a career elsewhere, because he's not gonna achieve anything spectacular in Valencia, and he should.
Keep Mista, Juan Sanchez and even Salva - it's all meaningless. They will do as back-up (Ilie is out of course).
One poacher and this team is complete. The name Jardel fits so perfect I don't need to say anything else... in a team where everything has been going well since God knows when, but goals haven't been going in, he is the best solution in the universe. It's nice to debate about Crespo's, Cisse's and so on... but they'd cost more, and with all due respect to them, they don't have ardel's goalscoring abilities. Don't get me wrong, they might be better players all around, but Valencia need nothing more than a prolific striker and the Brazilian fits it just fine. Having said that he isn't hopeless besides netting goals;)... so if Valencia snatch him they'll prove once again they really know how to do business and how to roast a couple of chickens on one fire:D

Riquelme? Come on guys, be real. With Aimar in the team, it's like I'd start wanting Riquelme in Real, when we have Zidane. How ridiculous can that be? I don't think anyone's this dumb in Valencia:eek:

As for the coach my opinion is reserved... he should stay on for the next year, but something tells me he might be gone during that upcoming season. Just a feeling...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
labas said:
What's all this anti-de los Santos crap?:eek::confused::dazed: The guy is great, but it's no east task overshadowing a pair like Albelda-Baraja. He should stay 100%, cause he's a superb player, and the only quality back-up for those 2 guys. Don't even mention Marchena who completely failed in this position.
If you think that D.L Santos is a superb player, you can come knocking at our doors tomorrow morning, with a cheque of 20M :eek:. We will be a little sad to lose such a player though:(

labas said:
Carew in my mind remains the best striker on this team, and if only the coach had more faith in him... oh well, nevermind, he should leave as quick as possible and pursue a career elsewhere, because he's not gonna achieve anything spectacular in Valencia, and he should.[/B]
That's one thing I concur with ya. A move to the EPL would benfit both the team and Carew , as EPL demands more physical football, and this giant is gonna stir more goals there I believe.

labas said:
Riquelme? Come on guys, be real. With Aimar in the team, it's like I'd start wanting Riquelme in Real, when we have Zidane. How ridiculous can that be? I don't think anyone's this dumb in Valencia:eek:[/B]
It's a dumb move to bring in JRR , but it's a profitable one, aren't u aware. I'm looking from a businessman point of view if you must know.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from onefootball
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Louis van Gaal will become Barcelona coach next week if the club agree to his demand of selling Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert.

The former Ajax and Holland boss will be officially presented following next week's Champions' League final after agreeing a two-year deal worth around £5.2 million.

But he will wait for the board to ratify his demands before completing a sensational return to the Nou Camp.Louis van Gaal will become Barcelona coach next week if the club agree to his demand of selling Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not understand why Van Gaal wants to sell Kluivert, but , Kluivert is a proven striker whose I had faith in.

from onefootball
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The agreement with Lazio would see Atletico pay £14.5 million for Lopez, the former Valencia star, and around £2.5 million for fellow Argentine Simeone, a former Atletico player.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone welcome Lopez back? £14.5 million seems a reasonable deal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tears4Fears said:
from onefootball
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Louis van Gaal will become Barcelona coach next week if the club agree to his demand of selling Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert.

The former Ajax and Holland boss will be officially presented following next week's Champions' League final after agreeing a two-year deal worth around £5.2 million.

But he will wait for the board to ratify his demands before completing a sensational return to the Nou Camp.Louis van Gaal will become Barcelona coach next week if the club agree to his demand of selling Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert.

I do not understand why Van Gaal wants to sell Kluivert, but , Kluivert is a proven striker whose I had faith in.

from onefootball
The agreement with Lazio would see Atletico pay £14.5 million for Lopez, the former Valencia star, and around £2.5 million for fellow Argentine Simeone, a former Atletico player.

Does anyone welcome Lopez back? £14.5 million seems a reasonable deal.

·
Banned
110 Posts
hi 'tears4fears' and other valencia fans,

obviously rafa benitez should concentrate the most on attack, since defence is well sorted out. players like ilie and carew should be offloaded since they arent too good and havent really been in recognition with benitez this season, so some new strikers could really do well. jardel is a good striker, but i think some of the bigger clubs like barca will take him before valencia do, so i suggest, you bring dario silva and dely valdes and raul tamudo to the mestalla (no touching luque, he is OURS :D ), the 3 above have a lot of potential and do well in their small teams and would fit right into the attack quite well.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Valencia should get Jardel because he no doubt will score alot. Urzaiz is on a bosman unless hes got a new contract so he might be a good backup. Raul Tamudo is also a good choice and Pauleta. Also how about Mendoza from Brugge or Kanoute from west Ham.

Claudio Lopez or Nuno Gomes aswell.

Onemangang> Imagine if you did get tristan because him and Raul would of been amazing. Hell never go to Real after what happened last time. If majjorca got relegated luque would of been leaving this summer probably

·
Registered
9 Posts
AMOUNT VALENCIA!!!!!!!!

NEXT YEAR WE GET THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.:) :) :)

WE NEED A VERY GOOD STRIKER ( LIKE TRISTAN OR MORIENTES
OR ZARDEL)

----------------------MORIENTES------------------------
VICENTE-----------------------------------------RUFETE
OR--------------------AIMAR-------------------------OR
KILY----------------------------------------------AGULO
----------------BARAJA------------ALBEDA--------------
AURELIO----------------------------------------TORRES
----------------AYALA---------PELEGRINO-------------

MISTA,SALVA, IS GOOD PLAYERS AND PERHAPS THE NEXT SEASON
IS VERY CREATIVE FOR THEM.BUT THE LAST GAMES WITHOUT
STIKER THE TEAM WAS VERY FAST AND MOST OFFENSIVE I THINK.

IT`S TRUE THAT VICENTE IS OUT OF WORLD CUP?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts