·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I thought we're gonna keep the old one :eek:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't mind keeping it. Frankly, I thought last season's was the best we've had in about 10 years.

I like Adidas, but I wouldn't mind another outfitter, just so we can a 60's style all red jersey. No white stripes.

·
Registered
986 Posts
the new uni's are on the slbenfica.pt website.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Here you go...

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
ALRIGHT...WTF is up with not being able to add images?! :mad:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I could tell, not enough pictures:mad: , it looks like the white on the side is covered by red mesh. I like the look, and the black away uniforms aren't shabby (I would prefer a traditional away white myself).

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well ... I liked the one of last season more ... but the away shirt is really cool IMO :star:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I'm considering to buy one right now. I just need to know how good they look. I'm getting my 2002 WC jersey soon, its the official Nike one that they wore, you know red, with ofcourse Figo's name on the back. But if I do decide to get a Benfica jersey it would have to have Simao on the back.

·
Registered
986 Posts
the uni's are now on sale on the benfica site.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah its in the style of the adidas jerseys we saw in the world cup(like france, sweeden, argentina, etc, with the mesh on the side) and the alternate is black with orange stripes. to be honest i think benfica should always stick with a white alternate, because i mean thats our colors,red and white. its stupid that every season they get a new batch of colors. the only colors that really sat well with me other then the white and red were those navy blue and red alternates we had with teh sponsor netc 2 years ago. those were cool. otehrwise i think they should keep one jersey red and one white(all white, shirt shorts, and socks, that would be cool)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well ... I like em ... especially the black one ... but I'll buy the red one ... Benfica has always been red. ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Funny how peoples tastes are so different eh, most benfiquistas Ive spoken to, well the young ones anyways really like this years alternate black/orange jerseys while the older dudes are a bit harder to convince, at least at first i think.

The jersey dfport7 that u like from two years back i thought were aweful, and i hated that whole netc crap on it, but lots of people liked em.

I still reckon last years jerseys both the home and alternate were some of the nicest and classiest weve seen at SLB in years.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
OG BENFIQUISTA said:
Funny how peoples tastes are so different eh, most benfiquistas Ive spoken to, well the young ones anyways really like this years alternate black/orange jerseys while the older dudes are a bit harder to convince, at least at first i think.
Yeah ... same opinion here. I think it's because colourful away-shirts (okay we have them since years) break with the white tradition, just like AXP already mentioned. :)

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Bier said:

Yeah ... same opinion here. I think it's because colourful away-shirts (okay we have them since years) break with the white tradition, just like AXP already mentioned. :)
Bier, I totally agree. Although I thought the maroon color from last year was a bit much.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well, I'm one of these old timers and I like it. Much better than the the last two years, that's for sure!

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let me reiterate:

I like the look of this year's black jersey. I just think that Benfica has fallen prey to what has overtaken all of European soccer: The idea that you must alter your away jersey every season. The logic is that you get the fan who must own everything to buy a new jersey every season.

But living in the United States, this concept is not quite as prevelent in our sports. Yes, you do see teams change uniforms (With no surprise, the teams with minimal tradition doing it more frequently), but you don't see a majority of the teams donning new alternate uniforms every season. The traditional powerhouse teams in all of the leagues (Boston Celtics, New York Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, Dallas Cowboys, UCLA in college basketball etc.) make minimal changes at the most. I'm talking changing the font of the letters maybe once a decade. This gives those teams a certain aura. Yes, the clubs don't tend to F with their home jersey's too much. But the yearly altering of jersey's is very bush league (Just my opinion). If you're reall looking to make more $, just F with the 3rd uniforms (Which so many clubs now have, the "European Cup" kits:rolleyes: ). By adding sponser names to the uniforms and constanly changing the kits, it has broken a sense of tradition.

When I see the pictures of North American athletes of the 1960's and 70's (Or even 80's) the uniforms tend to resemeble the current configurations. The same cannot be said for Foorball. Only some of the National team jersey's ( I did write SOME) have that timeless feel to them.

But like I said, that's just me. I've seen people write and say exitedly that Corporation X is now on our jersey. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I just cannot identify with that sentiment.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Novelty equals teenagers. Teenagers equal :greed: :greed: :greed:

Ka-tching! As the old saying goes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts