Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Players for next season!

Today in Record.pt It is saying that SCP and Boavista have joined the race to land Neca along with FCP! Here be the story!

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=150021&idCanal=12

I like this cat Neca and his other partner Peixoto! Boloni likes to mix the young players with the veterans so I think SCP would be an ideal situation for him!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Peixoto the leftwinger had already signed with porto?

Neca.....in his own words , "next year i'll join Porto" . He supposedly has an agreement with Porto???? Bolini loves this kid , he was going to bring him to SCP this season , but something must of blocked his move?

Pedro Emenuel(free-agent) from Boavista is a free-agent . If Babb does go.. get him? Sanchas(free-agnet) is 32 but he can be a valuable asset to have on the bench or starting for some games.

Kennedy , Sporting wants him?

here are some more free-agents that will be on the open market this year??

Maciel(left-wing) is a free-agent from U. Leiria? a nice player.
Pedro Espinha
Feher
Tuck
Nuno Nassicent...whatever
Seba ( a striker)
Rui Lima??
Enke
Peixa?
Caju he is playing very well , benfica wants
Pedro henrique

and much more

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Is Neca brazilian or portuguese?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neca is Portuguese.

-It might be a long shot landing Neca cuz where will he play? I sure the kid wants to go somewhere where he'll get some playing time!

- I'm not sure if Porto signed Pexoto yet. I read they did but then Pexoto denied and today I don't see anything in the papers but from the looks of things Porto are the favorites to land him if they haven't already!

M

·
0 Posts
I think Joao Pedro from Salsueiros would be reasonable purchase. He gets little service but has still scored 8 or 9 goals this season. Mabye worth a look.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neca to Sporting?!!

I've read in a few places that Neca will join Sporting next year for around 500,000 euros! Did anyone else hear about this?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sporting trying to land Enke ??????

I just read this on worldsoccernews.com

Sporting try for Enke deal
First Published: Apr 30, 2002

Benfica goalkeeper Robert Enke has an offer to join new Portuguese champions Sporting Lisbon.

The German is to leave Benfica next month at the end of a three year contract which he has not renewed.

He is wanted by FC Barcelona who announced three weeks ago that they would sign Enke although his agents are still receptive to offers with Sporting making the latest bid to sign the goalkeeper.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Good. I am sure some Benfica players wouldn't mind seeing him between the posts down the street and taking a few cracks at him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sporting

how do you think sporting are going to do in the champions league next season ??????

Also give your view on jardel missing the world cup !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Re: Sporting

So Eu Sei ..... said:
how do you think sporting are going to do in the champions league next season ??????

As a Portugal fan, I hope Sporting do well in the Champions League. I'd rather seem them than Porto carrying the Portuguese torch into Europe.

On Jardel, scoring over 40 goals in the Portuguese league is different than scoring over 40 goals in Spain, Italy, and England. Don't get me wrong, 40 goals in any league is tough but Jardel is not a fit for "Big Phils" squad. He would not work well with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, or Ronaldinho. He's a bit of a sniper which is not Brazil's style right now. If that were the case, Big Phil would have picked Romario which is ahead of Jardel on Scolari's list anyways.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Speaking of "Big Phil", what do u think of the fac that Phil Babb isin't going to the World Cup?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
Speaking of "Big Phil", what do u think of the fac that Phil Babb isin't going to the World Cup?
That's just stupid!

Babb imo was the best Central Defender in Portugal. How can Eire not have a spot for him???

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
He was involved in an incident a while ago but aother player Mark Kennedy was also involved and he's on his way to Japan. Babb is used to handling tricky footballers with skill that play in Portugal and someone like Richard Dunne and Gary Breen are second rate defenders who played in the English first division last season. It's a crying shame. I heard Phil got the Spoting's player of the year last season? Is that true?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Babb didn't play much last season so I don't think so!

But that's an outrage that he didn't get picked for the Irish squad they don't know what they are missing out on! Believe me it will be Irelands loss!

Babb is a little darker then most Irish players so maybe that is why!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I hope you don't mean the colour of his skin. We've had black players playing for Ireland for years and it never was a problem. Most of them have irish parents oir grandparents but if they want to play for Ireland, they are Irish, end of story. Skin colour would never come in to it. That's just not the way it is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Sporting

So Eu Sei ..... said:

We will do fine but i am a little worried about our aging defensive line?
Brazil did not select elder<Bayern banich> nor Romario:confused:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mise_Me_Fein said:
I hope you don't mean the colour of his skin. We've had black players playing for Ireland for years and it never was a problem. Most of them have irish parents oir grandparents but if they want to play for Ireland, they are Irish, end of story. Skin colour would never come in to it. That's just not the way it is.
I'm not saying Irish people but maybe the coach has a problem with brothers but actually I was just making a suggestion as to why! As far as I know McCarthy could be the most open minded person in Ireland!

Skin Color should never be a factor anywhere anytime, i hear ya, bro!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hugo Viana to Celta Vigo

O Jogo report that Viana will be sold to Celta for 13,5 m euros.
I would rather keep him promote him in the CL than sell him for up to twice that amount!
but i'd rather not sell him at all:cool:

1 - 20 of 162 Posts