Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beasley, DaMarcusM5'81455/24/198278/15Ft. Wayne, Ind.Glasgow Rangers (Scotland)
Bocanegra, CarlosD6'01705/25/197959/10Alta Loma, Calif.Rennes (France)
Bradley, MichaelM6’2”1757/31/198722/2Cedar Grove, N.J.SC Heerenveen (Holland)
Califf, DannyD6'11753/17/198020/1Orange, Calif.FC Midtjylland (Denmark)
Cherundolo, SteveD5'61452/19/197949/2San Diego, Calif.Hannover 96 (Germany)
Ching, BrianF6’1”1955/24/197828/7Haleiwa, HawaiiHouston Dynamo (MLS)
Clark, RicardoM5’10”1505/10/198314/1Jonesboro, Ga.Houston Dynamo (MLS)
Dempsey, ClintF6’1”1703/9/198343/11Nacogdoches, TexasFulham FC (England)
Donovan, LandonF5'81483/4/1982102/36Redlands, Calif.Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)
Edu, MauriceM6’0”1704/18/19868/0Fontana, Calif.Glasgow Rangers (Scotland)
Guzan, BradGK6’4”2109/9/19849/0Homer Glen, Ill.Aston Villa (England)
Hejduk, FrankieD5'81558/5/197479/6Cardiff, Calif.Columbus Crew (MLS)
Howard, TimGK6’3”2103/6/197932/0North Brunswick, N.J.Everton FC (England)
Johnson, EddieF6’0”1803/31/198436/12Palm Coast, Fla.Cardiff City (Wales)
Kljestan, SachaM6’1”1509/9/1985Jul-00Huntington Beach, Calif.Chivas USA (MLS)
Lewis, EddieM5'101555/17/197481/10Cerritos, Calif.Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)
Onyewu, OguchiD6’4” 2105/13/198235/4Olney, Md.Standard de Liege (Belgium)
Orozco, MichaelD5’11”1602/7/19860/0Orange, Calif.San Luis (Mexico)
Pearce, HeathD5’10”1758/13/198417/0Modesto, Calif.Hansa Rostock (Germany)
Wynne, MarvellD5’9”1715/8/19861/0Poway, Calif.Toronto FC (MLS

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
good too see wynne there but no cooper or buddle , 2 best strikers in the us now..wtf

----------Howard-------------
Wynne-Boca-Onyewu-Pierce
----------Edu-MB-------------
---sasha-------------Beasley------
---Johnson------Donovon

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Not to mention there's no Jozy or Freddy. Absolute bullshit. How are these guys gonna help us in 2010 when they've barely played for the senior team. Unless we're planning on taking Ching and Johnson and even Eddie Lewis to South Africa. :rollani:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bradley better cap subotic , hes a regular for dortmund

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
This is bullshit. Bradley is an imbecile.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Not bad so far considering the absolutely awful conditions the match is being played in and the vociferous Cuban crowd. Ching is actually doing pretty well up front, he's winning alot of balls to the point where booting the ball upfield is actually semi-effective.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
A pretty good performance IMO, we never really had to step it up and that's fine since we have another, tougher game in the midweek. It wasn't a particularly thrilling game, but we were never really troubled except for that one save Timmy made towards the end of the match. A few lapses here and there in the midfield, but our defense was more than up to the task and we looked OK going forward. We could use Adu's trickery in the midfield though I'm sure we will see some of that in a few months. We are well on our way to qualification for the next round and after that BB should be able to safely take some risks with his selection. Although its disappointing to not see the likes of Cooper, Jozy, and Freddy in the squad we are fine for the moment. They surely have to be called up once we have a game or two to spare and have qualified and if they prove themselves there then they stand a much better chance of getting into the squad on a permannet basis next year and featuring in South Africa.

Although I disagree with BB's selections, the results are fine and I'm not worried at this moment.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah, some of these Central and South American places are not just hostile but downright scary; I'm just glad we made it out of there alive.

Great to see Clint score as well. 2 road victories should make us feel good.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Apparently the team was actually given quite a warm reception in Havana and the Cuban fans while certainly cheering their team on, were not overtly hostile and malicious as we have seen in place like Guatemala.

Also for Cuba I liked their #10 and that 17 year-old kid that was playing for them.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boring game , tactics are dum. USA players lack motivation....US will get aanother sweep at da wc 2010 , I have no faith in bradley

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
God, Ching is such a pathetic player.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
:howler: Brian Ching what a flucking LOSER. :howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ching sux.....bring in cooper , plz god!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
And Ching scores. :( That means we'll never see a better player than this dumbass.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
My god, the US has actually played attacking soccer! At least they did in the first half...

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Haha, yes, but how could they not? The T&T defense was giving them so much space, even Bradley could not f*ck this one up. Ching showed little today, certainly much less effective than against Cuba, but still managed to get a goal. He's a useful player to have in the squad, good against smaller defenses, but he shouldn't be starting every game for us.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Beasley has been out of sorts pretty much all year? I can't think of anything memorable from him since maybe Gold Cup 2007. Granted, he was injured for a good part of it, but he is clearly not in form now.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Hey, at least we are 3-3 now with the full 9 points in the bag. Ching is trash, Bradley is overrated and Beasley just isn't the same player he was last summer. That being said, all we're looking for right now results, and we're getting them.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Looking at the positives though from our players, I think Dempsey's been fairly sharp, Landon showed glimpses of his true potential last night and I think Klestjan is maturing very nicely, he will be great for the US in years to come. I also think Onyewu is doing much better after having a very poor 2007.

About our striker situation, all I have to say is this. Cooper and Jozy are better choices than Ching, that's plainly obvious, but we can't take a squad to any game with only two true strikers (Dempsey, Donovan, and Adu are attacking midfielders in my book), so as I've been saying Ching is an OK player to have in the squad. Who else do we have? Rolfe? Buddle? Wolff? Twellman? EJ? Out of those strikers, I'd rather have Ching than Rolfe or Wolfe. Twellman is only a minimal improvement, EJ is clearly not good enough for the NT, and Buddle is completely inexperienced and not even in the NT player pool.

Honestly, if I were to pick four strikers for a major tournament I'd pick: Altidore, Cooper, Ching, Twellman, plus Donovan, Adu, and Dempsey in attacking midfield positions.

Ching isn't a great player, but given our lack of depth at striker I wouldn't mind keeping him on as a bench player.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't see the point of having Ching in the US squad at all. He squandered chances against T&T, is slow, and can't finish at all. Most of the top national teams would have no problem shutting him down. Plus, he's 30, and not getting any younger. Add Lewis, and Hejduk to that list of old players that should be dropped.

We're still waiting for Cooper to be played, Bob Bradley...:rollani:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Hejduk isn't bad, despite his age, but yes, Lewis should be dropped. As for Ching, he is a decent target man, showed it against Cuba. Give him a chance to prove he's still got something off the bench and if that doesn't happen then he's out. Even though he'd be poor against most top national teams, we don't play just the top national teams, and like I said, its a question of depth. We don't have a great selection at striker even with Jozy and Cooper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts