Xtratime Community banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
This was a must win game, if we can't a beatable side like Sampdoria at home we are screwed.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Well hopefully we won't go bankrupt again with Krause, but it seems we are going to Serie B. So angry at this club right now.

What has gone so badly wrong at the club? I mean bar Kulusevski, Darmian and Barilla leaving, the team is the same. What made D'Aversa get fired at the end of last season?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Karamoh looks like he was injured too. A really disappointing signing overall.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What made D'Aversa get fired at the end of last season?
IIRC it was rumoured to be about recruitment.

The consortium felt the effect of the pandemic & understandably didn't invest extra funds to the club. Plus, we have a lot of transfer clause to fulfil already.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Rubbish result - though it sounds like the team did actually perform - but not in the way that matters.... That's the halfway point of the season.... and we need around 30 points from the next half.... I don't know why but I still believe this team - with D'Aversa - can do it, but it has to start immediately and the games are not going to be easy.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
We have scored only 14 goals this season! Absolutely appalling, the worse in the league.

30 points seems a tall ask - we have to reply on other teams slumping in form.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
We lost again against Napoli, complete garbage. We had one shot on goal.

Serie B is a certainty.

Apologies for the negativity but this team is one of the worst in years!

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
The team seems to be built for attacking football but it clearly does not have the players for it at this level. Why not adopt a more compact system like other bottom dwellers are doing and hope for a surprise result here and there?

·
Registered
814 Posts
He waited too long d'aversa with changes. Hopefully man and zirkzee etc can turn the tide

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
This is the mad thing - the team is basically the same from last year (except Kulusevski, who basically carried the team and is a big loss in terms of creativity and attacking prowess)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
No Scoz, though. He might be a Serie B level player but time and time again D'Aversa turns back to him to be the regista after everyone else fail

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
No Scoz, though. He might be a Serie B level player but time and time again D'Aversa turns back to him to be the regista after everyone else fail
Yeah good point, we basically lack any creativity in the squad. Good to see Brugman get a run out.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Ok well that's my ill found optimism crushed.... Just hope all these new signings have a clause to keep them in Serie B else that would have been appalling business.... I think Carli? said it correctly - if we think we can buy our way out of relegation then we're relegated already. A run of results would change things massively but we're now disconnected from the rest of the table which is the BIG concern...

Also with so much activity on the market there's also the problem of integrating new players - mid season - into the squad. This is not going to be a pleasant path....

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Ok well that's my ill found optimism crushed.... Just hope all these new signings have a clause to keep them in Serie B else that would have been appalling business.... I think Carli? said it correctly - if we think we can buy our way out of relegation then we're relegated already. A run of results would change things massively but we're now disconnected from the rest of the table which is the BIG concern...

Also with so much activity on the market there's also the problem of integrating new players - mid season - into the squad. This is not going to be a pleasant path....
He's trying to cover himself with that comment no doubt, but it's true in some regard. Our next four games (Bologna, Verona, Spezia, Udinese) are all games we could in theory take points, but it's a huge ask to be honest. We're currently in a situation where we're playing matches without a single shot on goal. :mad:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
He's trying to cover himself with that comment no doubt, but it's true in some regard. Our next four games (Bologna, Verona, Spezia, Udinese) are all games we could in theory take points, but it's a huge ask to be honest. We're currently in a situation where we're playing matches without a single shot on goal. :mad:
This is where I'm a bit confused.... players coming in at a rate of knots I've not witnessed in a decade - lots of young attacking talent - but as yet no sign of them being fully used or making any difference... perhaps the problem is more in midfield not feeding the attack.... We'll see.... :(

But you're right on one thing - we must take points from all those (though Verona are doing very well once more so maybe more doubtful) - Bologna and Spezia are going to be real dog fight affairs, they will set out not to concede and be more willing to take the draw to try and counter... if we manage to shoot and perhaps score then it will turn on its head and suit us....

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't get D'Aversa. I would put in the new names right away, surely zirkzee

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 214 Posts