Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

Genoa avoid defeat to Atalanta to gain a point.

Very tight in the relegation zone. Udinese's extra match is against Atalanta & Cagliari's game vs Milan is yet to be played (could be postponed if Milan's outbreak worsen)

·
Registered
816 Posts
If I see the highlights we were very lucky against sassuolo. We had two chances...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
46,484 Posts
I watched the match and I wouldn't put it that way. Aside from the first chunk of the match where Sassuolo dominated and looked like a sort of Real Madrid by pinning you back, they seemed to get deflated a bit when they couldn't convert chances (and one goal disallowed for offside). While your goal was against the run of play, you got into the match later on and stretched them very well on the counter (Gervinho got into the game later on). You actually looked more likely to score than Sassuolo for quite a bit because they started to look like they were going through the motions with brain freeze.

Your best players (imo): Kucka - aside from the goal was very active Got stuck in and showed some good touches. Cornelius - great hold-up play but lacked support. Battled and provided a good outlet to relieve pressure. Gervinho - didn't link up as well as he should have with Cornelius but he came alive later on in the match and made his trademark mazy runs to bust Sassuolo's balls. Some good passing in the final 3rd. Sepe - Looked very solid and had a good match.

Reactions: hendyir

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So we're out of the Coppa as well - not a surprise - playing away to Lazio, but used almost a Primavera squad due to injuries and wanting to let the senior players recover and be available for the Sampdoria game. I expected worse.... lost 2-1 with the winner coming in the 90th minute (bounced off the keeper and went in so technically an own goal). So there's a spark of hope... if the younger players can show they're able to take a spot the first line players need to play for their place in the squad as much as anything and THAT may give them the edge they need, but it's going to be a long hard slog from where we are if we're going to make it.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chaka looks like a handy talent, youngester evver Parma debutant yesterday..

I think it's a good thing to go out of the Coppa, allows the team to focus on surviving in Serie A.

I know the team has been dropping loads of points, but now that they're under the management of D'Aversa, hopefully things can turn around, as he was seeming to grind out results against weaker opposition in his previous stint. Almost a win against Sassuolo, if not for a stupid mistake by Busi.

Benatia would be a good pickup alongside Conti, but they really need some more creativity and goalscorers in the team. Badly missing Kulusevski...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Lazio result inevitable, but we showed some good spirit. Mihaila looks pretty decent.

Worried that we will not be able to claw back enough points to save ourselves - is this our worse ever position in the league? How bad were we in the bankruptcy year of 2015?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Lazio result inevitable, but we showed some good spirit. Mihaila looks pretty decent.

Worried that we will not be able to claw back enough points to save ourselves - is this our worse ever position in the league? How bad were we in the bankruptcy year of 2015?
2015 we were some way off the bottom, certainly by the end.... This can be done but the same reason that we can be saved is the same biggest risk - the points difference between making it and not is very small, a few more points here and there are we can get daylight from the bottom in terms of positions but not points.... No doubt D'Aversa's work is REALLY cut out for him this time, but I still think he's our best hope and we will fight till the end with him.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Genoa won a "six pointer" against Cagliari, giving them a 4 points buffer from the relegation zone.

We could leapfrog Torino & Cagliari if we win tonight

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
If we can't even get a shot on goal we have no hope.

Fucking waste of a season.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If we can't even get a shot on goal we have no hope.

Fucking waste of a season.
We we've hit the post and the cross bar so it's inches off being better than it is.... A long 45 minutes to come.... :s

141 - 160 of 251 Posts