Xtratime Community banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It's been inevitable, despite occasional hope, for a long while..... Look on the bright side we only conceded one goal for a change.... :mad:

The squad is decimated still with injuries and if I read it correctly Inglese is out for all of next season already. That's no excuse the points have been thrown (repeatedly) and that's why we're down.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It's been inevitable, despite occasional hope, for a long while..... Look on the bright side we only conceded one goal for a change.... :mad:

The squad is decimated still with injuries and if I read it correctly Inglese is out for all of next season already. That's no excuse the points have been thrown (repeatedly) and that's why we're down.
For all next season?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
For all next season?

That's how I read the quote - Inglese has had his operation and is out for next season. I'm sure if things go well he could get back on the pitch

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
The amount of money we have paid for players under Krause is staggering in places.

6.9 millionCharleroi for Maxime Busi
6.7 million in Nice for Wylan Cyprien
9.1 million in Craiova University for Valentin Mihaila
4.1 million in Porto for Yordan Osorio
6.4 million in Zurich for Simon Sohm
10.5 million in Lanus for Lautaro Valenti
0.5 million in Jagellonia for Bartolomiej Maliszewski

The company also invested 1.5 million for Juan Brunetta's loan from Godoy Cruz, while Hans Nicolussi Caviglia's loan from Juventus is free of charge.

13 millionto FCSB for Dennis Man
0.3 million to Panathinaikos for Vasilios Zagaritis
1.5 million of onerous loan to Genoa for Bani
0.5 million of onerous loan to Milan for Andrea Conti

The company also accepted on loan Joshua Zirkzee, free transfer Graziano Pellè and the young Daan Dierckx outright.

It feels like we have massively overpaid for some players (6.9 million for Busi?! 1.5 million for Bani?!).

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
That's how I read the quote - Inglese has had his operation and is out for next season. I'm sure if things go well he could get back on the pitch
If that's the case, that's ridiculous given he is one of the highest paid players. Surely we'd look for a mutual termination or something (can't imagine anyone would buy him?)

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
It's pretty evident that we need a complete overhaul of our technical area given the amount of injuries we have had in the D'Aversa era (which I can only assume has ended). The negativity with D'Aversa coming back has been painful to see.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The amount of money we have paid for players under Krause is staggering in places.

The company also invested 1.5 million for Juan Brunetta's loan from Godoy Cruz, while Hans Nicolussi Caviglia's loan from Juventus is free of charge.

The company also accepted on loan Joshua Zirkzee, free transfer Graziano Pellè and the young Daan Dierckx outright.

It feels like we have massively overpaid for some players (6.9 million for Busi?! 1.5 million for Bani?!).
I think a number of those are loans so we may not retain the player and save some money, but I'd read there was a €76 million exposure in terms of players.... we get around €25 million as a parachute payment going to Serie B.

Already expecting Gervinho, Kucka, Kurtic to go, Pelle won't stay, Sepe will go I think so we'll save a chunk. The more concerning - for me - is that we may well lose young players like Mihalia and Man who look like decent talents so far.

·
Registered
821 Posts

And caviglia etc we never saw.. Had high hopes for zirkzee but hasn't played

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
And caviglia etc we never saw.. Had high hopes for zirkzee but hasn't played

He came on for a couple of games but I believe is also injured now.... Doubt we'll keep hold of him, would he want to play Serie B?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
2-5 loss to Atalanta. Horrendous football yet again - we are terrible. This season has totally sucked the enthusiasm I have for this club.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Typical there would be goals from Brunetta and Sohm who have barely played all season.

We need a completely new team for Serie B at this rate. Sepe unbelievably poor, he can go pretend he is a Serie A goalkeeper elsewhere. We need to learn how to defend over the summer and get in some decent players in those positions.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Typical there would be goals from Brunetta and Sohm who have barely played all season.

We need a completely new team for Serie B at this rate. Sepe unbelievably poor, he can go pretend he is a Serie A goalkeeper elsewhere. We need to learn how to defend over the summer and get in some decent players in those positions.
Aside from the excuse of use being almost without any attackers due to injuries, I think D'Aversa has already started trying to focus on some of the younger players, they need experience to improve to be good enough to get us back. In the end 3-0 or 5-2 makes not much difference to me. That we scored twice shows that some players are still trying to make their mark. That we conceded two more for the price of scoring two tells me that Atlanta had stopped trying and essentially any time we scored they proved that could do more (not that I saw the game just my feeling).

Let's face it we'll be lucky to get any more points this season, it's already work for Serie B nothing more.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Anyone have any thoughts as to why our defence has just fallen apart this year? Is it purely psychological and the internal issues in the club?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts as to why our defence has just fallen apart this year? Is it purely psychological and the internal issues in the club?
We did lose Darmian. I know it's only one player and not enough to explain it all, but we never got anyone of that caliber as a replacement.
We started with a manager who had a track record of attacking - so I think the work was not performed on the defensive unit to get them to gel.
We've hacked and chopped and changed the players all of the time - again you can't build solidity by chopping and changing - how much is injury driven - I mean I didn't get why Alves disappeared for so long.
So yes I think there's other backroom things at play here. The team never "bounced" when D'Aversa came back.

(Ooops never posted this from a day or two back)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well it wasn't a pasting as such, but conceded to lose in the 96 minute 1-0 so still rubbish.

Not clear if the extensive injury list or other concerns were behind the squad but we played a 3-5-2 (apparently). One more game to end this catastrophe.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well surprise surprise - no of course not - 1-3 Sassuolo. Despite all the talk of "honor" and not wanting to be last in the league that's where we are and that's where we'll finish.

Not much to say - 1-0 down, Alves scored to get us back on even terms, then the inevitable concede some more, before having some chances to score.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts