Xtratime Community banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Benvenuto 2-2. So another two conceded.... A point is something but not really enough, but with a defence that can't be relied on to stop leaking goals.....

Looking for small positives - we came from behind both times - so some fight on the pitch. We had a goal ruled out for Gervinho in "passive offside" and he generally got slated in the ratings but this is the first game I can recall him playing for months.

As I see it Cagliari and Torino are the teams we're fighting with - to get above.... Torino have a game in hand and managed to get 2-2 with Juve so it's going to be a slog.... I don't think Spezia on 29 points could be reached...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So we have games to come against both Cagliari and Torino - away if memory serves - and winning those would be essential. Then trying to get points against the likes of Milan, Juve and Lazio will be required. Feel like the players are trying and at the same time maybe no one believes they can do it. And yet... it's football, nothing is done until it's done.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
So we seem to have 8 players injured in advance of the Milan game. We've said it before, but what is up with the amount of injuries at this club? I swear it is significantly a lot more than other clubs.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Just tuned into the Milan game and we are already 0-1 down. We are shocking, absolutely depressing to watch.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ended 1-3, we got back to 1-2 after Ibra got sent off. Were pushing for an equalizer and one of the youngsters on the pitch made a mistake for the killer 3rd.

By all accounts the first half performance was shocking so seems we got what we deserved on this one.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Oh and Torino beat Udinese so are now stretching out the points advantage (with still a game in hand). In the never ending "hope we can make it" thread - still games to play against both Cagliari and Torino, which are obviously "must win" scenarios for us and Cagliari - where Torino can settle for a draw IMO. Given the typical performances we've had this year - we'll play badly, maybe score and get into the lead and then concede at least two goals to flop back to B.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Serie B is a certainty. We lost 4-3 to Cagliari tonight after throwing away a 3-1 lead. I am livid at this team.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Serie B is a certainty. We lost 4-3 to Cagliari tonight after throwing away a 3-1 lead. I am livid at this team.
I checked the score - saw we were 2-1 up, had that sinking feeling that I'd checked too soon, next time I checked it was 3-1 and they made me believe we were going to get this, then well how the **** you throw that to lose is beyond me.

A team that can't defend for lover nor money this year, and one think remains a mystery - Alvez hasn't had a look in and yet he was one of the reliable members of our defence for two years. He can't just have fallen off a cliff face so it makes me suspect there's more going in behind the scenes. Doesn't change the reality of at least one season of Serie B. On this form D'Aversa will not be my choice of manager, he's managed to change nothing since coming in.

As has been observed by others - what the hell is going on with the injuries in the squad this year? Players disappearing for months at a time, no wonder we're used so many players.

Worst of all we've got a lot of financial commitments to sort out on players, though I'd expect a significant of those will be released back rather than paid out where possible.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts