Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Formation for today's game against Fiorentina.

PARMA (4-3-3): Sepe; Laurini, Iacoponi, Bani, Pezzella; Hernani, Brugman, Kurtic; Karamoh, Kucka, Gervinho.
Available: Colombi, Gagliolo, Grassi, Pellè, Cyprien, Bruno Alves, Osorio, Mihaila, Brunetta, Busi, Inglese, Man.

Needless to say we have to win.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·

PARMA (4-3-3): Sepe; Laurini, Iacoponi, Bani, Pezzella; Hernani, Brugman, Kurtic; Karamoh, Kucka, Gervinho.
Available: Colombi, Gagliolo, Grassi, Pellè, Cyprien, Bruno Alves, Osorio, Mihaila, Brunetta, Busi, Inglese, Man.

Plenty of offensive firepower on the bench - hopefully D'Aversa will use it.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Really, what a lineup..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Sepe's awful goalkeeping cost us the Fiorentina game and then he comes out with this. Didn't his agent suggest he was too good for Parma?

Another pathetic defensive performance overall, truly awful yet again.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Crotone battered Torino, so real possibility we will end up bottom of the league.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If we ever stop conceding (at least) two goals a game we might actually win one this year.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 · (Edited)
Luca Carra, our CEO for five years, has been dismissed by the club. Possibly expected with the takeover?

Seems like we have hired a new MD - Jaap Kalma, formerly at AC Milan.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
And once again, we have no strikers fully fit for the Roma match. Is our fitness/conditioning training really that poor?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
I'm speechless, we beat Roma 2-0. First win in 17 matches or something

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'm speechless we didn't concede at least two goals!

Wonderful result in a woeful season, still feels like too little too late and all those dropped points have condemned us.

Still Genoa next week, so if we can win that we'd be close to joining the relegation dogfight.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Someone was quoted as saying "We weren't worried that we would concede goals", or something along those lines.

Well I f'ing was! I can still hardly believe that of all the teams we were going to end our drought against, it was going to be Roma. Let's not crap out against smaller teams now.

Also, it's not just up to us. I've found myself in the awkward and unique position of hoping that Juve win games in the Serie A. They were playing Cagliari, and they are going to play Torino soon.

I just hope that this wasn't just a spasm of the team and that we're going to keep winning games. Honestly I'm used to us doing one step forward and two steps back... but hey... stupid hope!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Someone was quoted as saying "We weren't worried that we would concede goals", or something along those lines.

Well I f'ing was! I can still hardly believe that of all the teams we were going to end our drought against, it was going to be Roma. Let's not crap out against smaller teams now.

Also, it's not just up to us. I've found myself in the awkward and unique position of hoping that Juve win games in the Serie A. They were playing Cagliari, and they are going to play Torino soon.

I just hope that this wasn't just a spasm of the team and that we're going to keep winning games. Honestly I'm used to us doing one step forward and two steps back... but hey... stupid hope!
Certainly the defensive setup has taken a BIG step backwards this season, we're joint second worse for goals conceded and bottom of goals scored.

It's a sad state when already with so many games to go our fate is not really entirely in our hands. The only control we have is in the negative scenario, we can make sure we get relegated, but to survive we have to do our bit AND rely on others. It's been a rather odd season though, even taking our win over Roma, there have been many other cases of the underdog winning a game they they really should not on paper have won. Unfortunately those underdogs are the ones we need to get above...

I believe hope D'Aversa is finally getting through to the team and they are starting to galvanize, to believe and not to give in, certainly the talk from the likes of Pellé are of the never give up line. Big game with Genoa, it's a must win for us, as are all the games against direct opposition with the hopes of scraping points against some of the bigger clubs still. Slim hopes but a glimmer remains.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It's possible that we have more of a hand in this than I think. A lot of teams that are in trouble will still play eachother and we still have to play a lot of those same teams.

It's just a bit early to celebrate, considering we just had our THIRD victory of the season.

What I find staggering is that we were on two wins total and on a 17 game streak without wins and we aren't rock bottom. We're not the only ones in trouble apparently.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Unfortunately Torino beat Sassuolo in one of their catch up games - that's another unexpected result IMO given the points advantage Sassuolo have, you'd expect them to be clear winners in that game this season.

I suspect that I'll be their at the end of the season b!tching about the games we drew when we could have won, Fiorentina as a case in point most recently. Still Genoa game is [EDIT a day early! it's this Friday evening] so the truth of our "recovery" will be known soon enough.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Case in point.

Also from that post, now I'm watching Benevento beat Juve in Turin and NOT be happy about it.

This season man...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Oh well back to form - concede two goals.... This is the nail in the coffin, at best I think there were around 16 points I think I could see us getting - so we'd be on 35 points... so anyone above that is more or less safe already., and we're still 6-7 points from fourth from bottom. At best we'll get third from bottom on this. Hope those new signings have contracts that keep them with us for B.... Else we'll lose the best players to Serie A and never get to rebuild.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Yeah survival in Serie A looks remote after that result. Absolutely hate losing to a scrappy team like Genoa (or rather Scamacca - guess we know why we bid 25 million for him) - we should have won. Roma result obviously a blip.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Oh well back to form - concede two goals.... This is the nail in the coffin, at best I think there were around 16 points I think I could see us getting - so we'd be on 35 points... so anyone above that is more or less safe already., and we're still 6-7 points from fourth from bottom. At best we'll get third from bottom on this. Hope those new signings have contracts that keep them with us for B.... Else we'll lose the best players to Serie A and never get to rebuild.
Yeah, have to agree with this unfortunately, too many points lost at this stage.

We have Milan, Juventus, Lazio and Atalanta all coming up - realistically we're not going to pick up anything here are we?

221 - 240 of 255 Posts