Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
And that's Serie B.

Can't stop conceding, can't create or score. Unless there's a miracle on the bench start planning for a promotion campaign...

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
Yeah I think that's it, we will be in Serie B next season. So many problems, it's hard to know where to begin in terms of turning things around. As Minotti says, it was the wrong season to completely revolutionise things. Some of the older players don't seem motivated and everyone pretty much is out of form, with maybe the exception of Kucka and Hernani.

Zirkzee looked good at least.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
It's clear Carli is a huge failing, wasting several millions of euros on players. I think we need to start a new cycle with a new director of football and probably a new manager. Could we get Faggiano back?

Our youth teams seem to be doing really well, which is positive for the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's clear Carli is a huge failing, wasting several millions of euros on players. I think we need to start a new cycle with a new director of football and probably a new manager. Could we get Faggiano back?

Our youth teams seem to be doing really well, which is positive for the future.
How can he be called a failure when they new signings have only played one game? I think the January transfers were actually quite good considering the position the squad is in. Give them a few games. If Pelle/Zirkzee can start giving us more attacking potency, it could just about save us.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
How can he be called a failure when they new signings have only played one game? I think the January transfers were actually quite good considering the position the squad is in. Give them a few games. If Pelle/Zirkzee can start giving us more attacking potency, it could just about save us.
I was thinking more of all the signings made at the last minute in the summer, all players from different leagues and without knowledge of Italian. I think it was doomed from the start as these players were never going to blend in quickly. The only player that's had any sort of an impact is Osorio and Mihaila has begun to show what we can do. Not really sure why Brunetta doesn't play more given his performance in the Coppa Italia games.

Time isn't on our side, if we can't win games this month we are doomed.

So jaded by this club right now, just when things look up we get knocked back down.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
So the oddity continues - so far three different papers have had us with three different formations - including one having us at 5-3-2, so hopefully D'Aversa has more idea than the press!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
No. Apparently he doesn't.

It's ironic that we have the healthiest club in years from a financial point of view and the absolute worst playing team that I've ever seen in a Parma shirt.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
No. Apparently he doesn't.

It's ironic that we have the healthiest club in years from a financial point of view and the absolute worst playing team that I've ever seen in a Parma shirt.
Well said.

Aspects of tonight's game were better, but we still lost possession easily and made loads of careless defensive errors. Grassi was awful with his own goal, Conti was absent and Gervinho was really wasteful (again). Effort means nothing if you lose and are in the relegation zone.

Why do we persist with Cornelius? I am getting to the point where I feel bad for him as he is clearly not in a good way.

Seems like D'Aversa has run out of ideas.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Apparently a summit today to consider D'Aversa 🤷‍♀️
They way this club is going they'll put Liverani back in....

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
It seems to me that D'Aversa doesn't really believe in the squad, which is a big problem

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
**** it, let’s just go for it against Udinese.

Tridente with Mihaila on the left, Zirkzee in the middle and Man on the right.

Kurtic and Kuco patrolling the midfield with Brunetta as a number 10.

Pezzella, Alves, Osorio and Conti in defense.

Sepe on goal, even though he has looked miserable all year. Can’t blame him, I‘ve felt like I’ve been stabbed at every goal we’ve conceded and I haven’t even needed to get the ball out of the net.

I’d also understand putting Hernani in instead of Brunetta, but I’m really curious to see him get a proper chance.

Gervinho has been awful this season, Karamoh is all work but no substance, Cornelius is working hard but is poorly supported. Grassi seems to be on D’Aversa‘s good side, but I never saw him deliver on his promise. I’m not sure what to think about Brugman. Gagliolo and Iacoponi are solid, but I think Pezzella and Osorio are better.

Pelle needs time, but I’d be happy if he can come on in the second half.

I really don’t think it’s the squad because we have better players than we’ve had in recent years. Something is terribly wrong on a psychological level.

·
Registered
814 Posts
**** it, let’s just go for it against Udinese.

Tridente with Mihaila on the left, Zirkzee in the middle and Man on the right.

Kurtic and Kuco patrolling the midfield with Brunetta as a number 10.

Pezzella, Alves, Osorio and Conti in defense.

Sepe on goal, even though he has looked miserable all year. Can’t blame him, I‘ve felt like I’ve been stabbed at every goal we’ve conceded and I haven’t even needed to get the ball out of the net.

I’d also understand putting Hernani in instead of Brunetta, but I’m really curious to see him get a proper chance.

Gervinho has been awful this season, Karamoh is all work but no substance, Cornelius is working hard but is poorly supported. Grassi seems to be on D’Aversa‘s good side, but I never saw him deliver on his promise. I’m not sure what to think about Brugman. Gagliolo and Iacoponi are solid, but I think Pezzella and Osorio are better.

Pelle needs time, but I’d be happy if he can come on in the second half.

I really don’t think it’s the squad because we have better players than we’ve had in recent years. Something is terribly wrong on a psychological level.
That's what everyone wants but one problem, D'aversa..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
That's what everyone wants but one problem, D'aversa..

It's seems clear that some players are just not motivated to play, lots of harsh words said between players and our staff in the last game. Grassi stormed off when he was subbed.

I'm not sure who you'd replace D'Aversa with at this point and if it would have an effect. Seems logical to just start again at the end of the season with a new manager and director of football and clear out some players.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's seems clear that some players are just not motivated to play, lots of harsh words said between players and our staff in the last game. Grassi stormed off when he was subbed.

I'm not sure who you'd replace D'Aversa with at this point and if it would have an effect. Seems logical to just start again at the end of the season with a new manager and director of football and clear out some players.
They should have hired allegri when they had the chance. If you see that Spezia and genoa are doing well now with unknown coaches

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #197 (Edited)
They should have hired allegri when they had the chance. If you see that Spezia and genoa are doing well now with unknown coaches

I find it really odd Krause & Carli can spend 100 million + euros on players (including an allegedly 22 million bid of Scamacca in Jan), but won't invest in a higher quality coach, arguably the most important role at the club. Money talks, so why could we not have got in Allegri, Sarri, Spaletti etc?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Although I was hoping for someone of the calibre of Allegri, I do understand why D’Aversa was the logical option.

The core of the team that did well under him was still intact and he was still on the books.

I didn’t see a continuation of this soulless streak coming. And I’m not the most optimistic person.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts