Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First game of the season today against Napoli where we lost 0-2. We were absolutely terrible, we created absolutely nothing. Very nervous about the season, I think there's a good chance we'll be relegated at this rate unless we can secure some reinforcements. (of course Faggiano's Genoa won 4-1).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We almost never do well in the early games of the season - that said I'm not disagreeing with you. The club have added very few changes, and we've lost players. The quality doesn't feel like it's there (yet), hope to be proven wrong.

This is going to be a tough one, and with fair play rules I'm not sure how much money can be "given" to the club by owners these days.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We almost never do well in the early games of the season - that said I'm not disagreeing with you. The club have added very few changes, and we've lost players. The quality doesn't feel like it's there (yet), hope to be proven wrong.

This is going to be a tough one, and with fair play rules I'm not sure how much money can be "given" to the club by owners these days.
True, this is Parma as it always has been. We are definitely weaker compared to other teams even with the same players, which just shows are difficult the league was. Faggiano and Genoa have built an excellent side, just shows what you can do with the right people.

·
Registered
183 Posts
With such squad, the performance is better than expected, especially the rotation is very short. Something to be mentioned that actually the match rhythm is slower while not so many audience in the stadium thus attacking method will be more useful rather than counter attack. Still the way to avoid relegation is to invest, playmaker and defender. Liverani is good and with some playmaker(dribbling style), the team will exploit.

通过我的 MI 9 Transparent Edition 上的 Tapatalk发言

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Missed the game due to oversleeping (and it was just 5.30 PM!)

Two goals from two mistakes. Yeah, we haven't got up to snuff

·
Registered
208 Posts
What I don't understand is this:

They know the problem. They need a trequartista, a right back and a central defender. Especially a trequartista. And yet, nothing is happening. Obviously Carli sucks. Had this been Faggiano, you'd hear di marzio and pedulla talking about this player being confirmed, this fee, this negotiation, parma surpassing other clubs, shock signings out of nowhere (hernani) or at LEAST 4-5 Primavera players / Serie b players being signed and loaned out...with Carli...the opposite, we were rumored to sign 3 (!!) atalanta players.. Nothing! Other players? Genoa takes them? If not Genoa, it's Verona, if not Verona then SPAL... It's just.. Nothing. Nada. Silence.

This guy isn't impressing me. Like how the hell do you get fired as a sporting director? Do you understand how bad you have to be to get fired? From Cagliari? Faggiano was indeed fired, but from Palermos crazy former owner.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I don't understand is this:

They know the problem. They need a trequartista, a right back and a central defender. Especially a trequartista. And yet, nothing is happening. Obviously Carli sucks. Had this been Faggiano, you'd hear di marzio and pedulla talking about this player being confirmed, this fee, this negotiation, parma surpassing other clubs, shock signings out of nowhere (hernani) or at LEAST 4-5 Primavera players / Serie b players being signed and loaned out...with Carli...the opposite, we were rumored to sign 3 (!!) atalanta players.. Nothing! Other players? Genoa takes them? If not Genoa, it's Verona, if not Verona then SPAL... It's just.. Nothing. Nada. Silence.

This guy isn't impressing me. Like how the hell do you get fired as a sporting director? Do you understand how bad you have to be to get fired? From Cagliari? Faggiano was indeed fired, but from Palermos crazy former owner.
Yeah exactly. I would have hoped they would say why we haven't done anything on the market and again, we are the only club that hasn't made a signing. I get the ownership change may have affected things, but surely we could have taken those Atalanta players on loan.

It's really upsetting to see Genoa and Faggiano have built a really competitive side. I expect they will destroy us when we meet.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The current squad will get relegated without serious reinforcements. You would think Krause would bring in a big signing to start his era?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fabio Liverani has to be fired. He needs to leave. I hated d aversa, but he was a realist. He knew we sucked and he adapted to it. With d aversa I was never particularly worried with our defense, it was the attack that worried me. With liverani, it feels dangerous everytime the other team attacks. Every time!!!

He needs to leave, or we will be relegated.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of the worst football we have played in a while. Krause needs to fire Liverani and get somebody in with better tactics and ideas.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The team is mostly Serie B players. Why are Dezi, Sigliardi and Sprocati playing? Where is Kurtic? Kucka has been shite in this game too. So fucking angry.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just don't get it, why did we hire a manager that has got nearly every club he has managed relegated?

·
Registered
208 Posts
The problem with liverani isn't his idea. He actually made Lecce play some really efficient and beautiful football last year. The problem then was his shitty defense. He just didn't have the quality players. Had he for example had Bastoni or Gagliolo in the back then the results would've been different and Lecce would've stayed up.

The problem TODAY is his lack of pragmatism. He isn't a realist. Marco Giampaolo has the same problem, even gasperini has it too (atalanta practically lost their first 8-9 games before he turned it around).

Liverani has been hellbent on playing a 4-3-1-2 with a possession based football with players that doesn't have the the quality for that type of game. Everybody saw this coming! And he keeps on blaming everybody else for his mishaps! Now the obvious solution according to me is to stick with 4-3-3 but modify it slightly so that we keep the ball more!! And THEN post season try to implement a 4-3-1-2.

But you have to look inside the fridge before choosing what to eat, not start cooking food and THEN realize you don't have all the recipes.

He's a retard. Trying to make us look like Barcelona and expecting it to happen overnight. I'm so mad. How the hell do you take over a team, get signals from the owners that no players will be bought in a while, realize that you only have a month to prepare and STILL choose to try a completely new style of football????

Wow. I'm speechless. We need D'Aversa back just for the season. This is the management's fault. D'Aversa quit his job for a reason, Faggiano left for a reason. Something is wrong.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Squad depth is the real issue to my opinion. Make some investment, we will be saved and saved nicely. Liverani on the hand seems has lost his coach team, so he is struggling alone?

通过我的 MI 9 Transparent Edition 上的 Tapatalk发言

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The player don't seem motivated and don't really gel with Liverani tactics, whatever they are meant to be? We need established first team players who can slot right into the squad now.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Parma Verona 1-0

We scored in under 30 seconds but then spend most of the game defending. Tbf Verona is bad last night. Pezzella had a good game defending and drawing offensive foul.

Our attack still need a lot of practice and/or new personnel.
-Karamoh works hard, had relatively a lot of the ball.
-Gervinho i'm not sure if he's effective playing in the center without a target man. I guess the idea is good that he have the pace to beat the defenders.
-Kucka is still a bad fit for the treq position
-Kurtic looks a good fit for the mezzala position.
-We change to a 5-3-1-1 the last 20-30 minutes and the support for attack is bad with Cornelius not getting proper service

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Parma Verona 1-0

We scored in under 30 seconds but then spend most of the game defending. Tbf Verona is bad last night. Pezzella had a good game defending and drawing offensive foul.

Our attack still need a lot of practice and/or new personnel.
-Karamoh works hard, had relatively a lot of the ball.
-Gervinho i'm not sure if he's effective playing in the center without a target man. I guess the idea is good that he have the pace to beat the defenders.
-Kucka is still a bad fit for the treq position
-Kurtic looks a good fit for the mezzala position.
-We change to a 5-3-1-1 the last 20-30 minutes and the support for attack is bad with Cornelius not getting proper service
It was a poor game overall against a poor side, but it was good to get the win. Karamoh's performance was a big positive. Kucka is definitely not a creative player.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kucka isn't meant to be a creative player. That's the whole point of him being in the front. I agree on the fact that kucka is a better mezzala than a trequartista, but Liverani has love of players in the trequartista position that works hard in the defending phase. Point of having kucka higher up is that the pressing starts with the attackers and follows up with him. He is also good at shooting, him making early / late runs and finishes off is the point also.

I know, it makes no sense for me either, but that's why hernani and kucka were chosen as trequartistas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts