Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No win, but a draw after being down with 0-2 at half time is ok. The most important thing is that we've seen many signs that our club is on the mend.

We created chances, something that didn't happen in the last games. And if Boakye had scored that 100000% chance we would have seen a different game. It was so clear to see how he started to think if he should shoot or pass the ball...damn. And then 2 minutes later we are 0-1 behind.:doh:

The first half was awkward from us, I think the players were quite nervous after that troubled week. The second was really good. They accepted the fight and the will to really get back into the game and also win was clearly visible. That's the way I want to see them. And apart from the fight they also made some good passings, direct combinations. :thumbsup:

I hope Boakye is not injured that much, but Eigler was also a good replacement after the half time. Good goal, finally someone who shoots from outside the box. Charisteas was very unlucky, 3 great headers and each time either the keeper, a defender or the post was against him. In that condition it would be a mistake to sell him, but Baders words before the game seem to go in the direction that he'll stay here.

But that attacker from Metz would be good for us, too. I hope we buy him although Harry stays.

Pinola was awful, again. Towards the end he was a bit better, but definitely miles away from what he is able to play.

Spiranovic and Goncalves were a bit clumsy in some situations, but I think that duo works.

When you only take a look at the chances we had we should have won it by 4-2 or 5-2 in the end, Aachen was nothing in the second half. When we play like that in the next games we should be a promotion candidate again. Last week the Glubb definitely wasn't one.

And I still think that Oenning should go on, although we didn't win today. The way we played was good, at least in the second half. Nothings great, but as I wrote, the Glubb is on the mend. :)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you only take a look at the result, yes. We need to start playing good football over 90 minutes and not only 45, that's the next step. ;) I was quite pleased with what I saw yesterday, but 1 game is still too little to judge whether we are back in the promotion race.

We play a friendly against Kickers Offenbach next Friday. That's a game which should be won without a doubt, unlike the other friendlies before the Ahlen game. Maybe that break due to international games is our 2nd season preparation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts