Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first away game, and a real important and big game. That smells like top division football..

We've won our last two games in Lautern by 3-1. The last one was the kick start of the great Meyer era. Awful football on that cold November day, but after that unbelievable Banovic freekick from around 30meters (I can still hear myself saying: "He won't shoot from here directly, he can't be that stupid :D), Lars Müllers lucky roller and Saenkos cool finish in the last minutes was a day to remember. God, what a relief that was.

And August 2004... the first game after promotion. I had dreamt the result in the night before and in the morning I sent a sms to a friend to have a witness. :D

Goals: Tore: 0:1 Banovic (12.), 1:2 Vittek (61.), 1:3 L. Müller (85.)

And what do we learn from those two games.... :D

Those two legends don't play for us anymore, so we need others to score on Monday.

Spiranovic is injured :)wallbang:), problems with the adductor muscles. So Pancho has his place in the starting 11. Rumours are that Vittek and Mintal have to take place on the bench and Masmanidis and Eigler get their chance.

Charisteas seems to leave us next week according to the NN. I wonder if we sign another attacker in that case... I really hope so as I don't trust in Eiglers abilities.

I've read that this was the team during a training game yesterday. So probably that's the way we will play on the Betzenberg:

Schäfer
Breska-Pancho-Goncalves-Pinola
Mnari-Kluge
Masmanidis-Gygax
Eigler-Boakye

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looking forward to his one. I'm in Lautern now and walked past the stadium last night. Looks impressive from the outside.

Anyone on here going? I'm in 17.1 if you are - Stehplatz.

A win here would do wonders for confidence, no matter what the performance is like. It would provide a great platform to build on for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not going there, although I wanted to. Now I'll stay here in Nürnberg, watch the game with family and friends and celebrate my birthday at midnight. ;)

How long do you stay here? Maybe I could join you on a little pub tour in Nürnberg if your visit is not only a family holiday? Didn't you write something like that some weeks ago?

The stadium looks really impressive, that's why I wanted to go to an away game there for ages now.
A win would be wonderful, but also a draw wouldn't be that bad. A draw and an improvement in the team playing and I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Back off home to the island on Tuesday morning unfortunately Audio. Had a great three weeks in Germany with the wife and 10 week old son - not the usual beerfest but still a great time. Only spent two nights in Nuernberg and by the time of the Augsburg game we were staying the Frankische Seeland so it was a quick trip in to the match and then back out to the countryside again.

But don't worry - normal service will be resumed at some point in the future and a a beer tour of Nuernberg will be on the cards.

I just hope we get a third win tomorrow to add to the other two I've seen this holiday.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, you're already going home on Tuesday. Well, ok.. after three weeks. ;) Greetings to your wife and ...well, high5 to your son. ;) Then we will have to meet during your next trip over here.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
1. FC Kaiserslautern

Sippel - Kotysch, Ouattara, Amedick, Bellinghausen - Demai - Dick, Dzaka, Paljic - Jendrisek, Ziemer
Trainer: Sasic

1. FC Nürnberg

R. Schäfer - Breska, Goncalves, Abardonado, Pinola - Mnari - Kluge, Masmanidis - Eigler, Boakye, Vittek
Trainer: von Heesen

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is awful, really awful. Ok, we're missing Wolf a lot in the defense, but our offensive part is non-existing, too. But what do you expect from an attack row that hasn't scored more than 5 goals over the last 24 months. And the midfield is either busy with kicking Lauterns legs or just busy doing nothing. Fvck. :mad:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I am rooting for you :wallbang:.

Vergebene Liebesmüh' :pp
Ist nichts andres dran? ;)

Ne, wart, jetzt gehts los. Boakye! Los Jungs!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eigler raus! Unbelievable, that Bielefelder/Fürther anti-footballer is 90minutes on the pitch and Charisteas on the bench. Come on Tommy, use your brain. Thank god Masmanidis is out now.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
This is awful, really awful. Ok, we're missing Wolf a lot in the defense, but our offensive part is non-existing, too. But what do you expect from an attack row that hasn't scored more than 5 goals over the last 24 months. And the midfield is either busy with kicking Lauterns legs or just busy doing nothing. Fvck. :mad:
we are screwed in midfield, having no playmaker who´s distributing the balls means we can just kick and run.

God what I´d give now for one Ivica Banovic.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One good scene, only one. We are so poor. I don't know how this should get better. We can't buy so many good players which we'd need.

Anyone seen Masmanidis in the interview right now? Stupid know-it-all.

Dummschätzer und Anti-Fußballer von vorn bis hinten, auf dem Platz wie auf der Bank.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
nach heute hab´ich wirklich keine große erwartungen, ohne spielmacher könne wir um aufstieg nur träumen. bis ende august mussen wir einen holen.

Hallo, Herr Bader !

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Back off home to the island on Tuesday morning unfortunately Audio. Had a great three weeks in Germany with the wife and 10 week old son
wow congrats mate. Let me wish all the good and happy/prosperous life to the new-born clubberer :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts